UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

2 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

i see. how about using the full unity software. would that get us anywhere with modify the asset bundles?

Probably you are talking about methods, something like repacking assets... No, i think it won't work.

If it is necessary to interfere with ready-made cassettes, there is no alternative.

Modding for 7dtd now supports many opportunity, but they may not be enough for some special tasks.

Unfortunately, only the asset editing utility can do this.

(even in order to make a link(shift) from one asset to another, we need an asset editing utility)

Perhaps the functionality that UABE has left will help us in something.

But i haven't edited the new version yet, and i can't clarify anything about it.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 4:08 PM, xyth said:

Use AssetRipper.

Apologies if there is a very simple answer to this but I'm trying to get the model of a raised bed farm plot... I've downloaded AssetRipper and when I open it in the native program it opens in Visual Studio 2017, and prompts me to sign in - as it is a commercial program.

Is this right? I can't see a way to extract the unity files

• DerPopo changed the title to UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

I guess it's time for an update, as UABE stands right beneath humanity in terms of "things that still exist". UABE 3.0 is out, see the main post.

Note that Texture2DArray is not yet supported for Texture exports / imports, if you want to modify blocktextureatlases.

Hmm.  This is going to be interesting.  UABE was without updates for so long everyone had given up on it.  Another dev has already taken up the mantle with a "Unity Asset Bundle Avalonia" fork that has some new features like being able to load compressed asset bundles into RAM rather than decompressing to a separate file for editing.  I guess it could be interesting to see where things go from here if UABE is back.  It still lacks some UABE features like some plugins, so perhaps each could end up being better at certain tasks versus the other.

Small bug report:

I tried to change Textures2d in the asset - some replacements were successful, but one gives an error:

Spoiler

jn3gFax.png

I load texture file in format - png.

I restarted everything and tried another file, but the error repeats steadily in this place. 

(Win7 x64)

assets from Unity 2020.3.14 (7dtd)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

On 4/26/2022 at 12:58 PM, n2n1 said:

Small bug report:

I tried to change Textures2d in the asset - some replacements were successful, but one gives an error:

Reveal hidden contents

jn3gFax.png

I load texture file in format - png.

I restarted everything and tried another file, but the error repeats steadily in this place. 

(Win7 x64)

assets from Unity 2020.3.14 (7dtd)

BC6H and BC7 import support was broken. Fixed the code on github. Here's a compiled variant:

https://mega.nz/file/KFgSCZxD#3KqQXH23XaHDdQ70tmkujy7W9vdsQCAnHYEfuP6jPeo

(SHA256: 557C82D3099B781F379A991537DF5A5AF8D3D0C23345B8528A56CD166ABEA232)

• 3 weeks later...

It probably is.  In general I don't like the attitude of "everything is a false positive" that typically goes around, but, that said, I seriously don't think this one is going to have a virus and the fact that the two are reporting something completely different (not variants of the same) is also extremely telling.  (I'm not saying it's impossible to have different viruses for different versions, just if someone was trying to sneak a virus in they probably wouldn't bother.)  That said, you could always try VirusTotal to get a check across a number of different antivirus engines if you want to be extra sure.  A real virus should pop up in at least most of them, whereas a false positive will probably only show up in a handful at the most.

• 1 year later...

I tried the Asset Ripper and Bundling through Unity method over the weekend and had no luck. I feel like Asset Ripper is pulling something out in the wrong format. I am unable to figure out what to bundle in order to match the same size as the original file without changing any of the files and I tried all methods of compression. I got a good bundle together and the game log won't load the file saying that there is a missing texture array but the only texture array I found I made sure was there so I feel like it's the wrong format possibly?

• 4 weeks later...