UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

Dear friend - you do not need to apologize, just ask specific questions, and be sure-in such a way that a third-party person would immediately understand what you mean. And of course same still times remind, all that concerns work the other game (not 7dtd) i hardly d competent. I can only guess.

By the way, i don't think you're facing any protection...

Do you re-compile these resources using Unity or do you mean saving via UABE?

Please be precise, and don't use jargon-otherwise i can't understand you through a translator :)

I understand that you can not replace the texture, but would be nice to know more details.

Do i understand correctly what you have now:

- You successfully replace textures in the UABE utility, but it's changes are not picked up by the game?

or the game does not accept resources?

And i repeat the question: - what do you see in the game instead of these textures, or the game gives an error when start? Do you change the resolution or texture format?

Of course, i could not understand from what you send - which texture was edited by you and which is original.

I suggest you try this experiment:

- take a original texture from the original resource and shove it (without changes) back.

Will it work?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

like this file when im trying to change the textures

names..by replacing (parachute_01_samsungseries_d) raw with (parachute_01_alaska_d) raw when am done and save it im open the file with devxunity to check it if it corrupted or not all the assets inside the file disappered the pic(https://drive.google.com/open?id=17rcvPwNmcJG4Stcu7ru7Pj_dSyx-CBDe) ......this is the file give it a try https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PAmu_UF_Mz1mtmx2eVrpUWl24VmIBM8K

and thanks

Unfortunately, all i can say - is that i can't open these textures either.

Dear friend - you do not need to apologize, just ask specific questions, and be sure-in such a way that a third-party person would immediately understand what you mean. And of course same still times remind, all that concerns work the other game (not 7dtd) i hardly d competent. I can only guess.

By the way, i don't think you're facing any protection...

Do you re-compile these resources using Unity or do you mean saving via UABE?

Please be precise, and don't use jargon-otherwise i can't understand you through a translator :)

I understand that you can not replace the texture, but would be nice to know more details.

Do i understand correctly what you have now:

- You successfully replace textures in the UABE utility, but it's changes are not picked up by the game?

or the game does not accept resources?

And i repeat the question: - what do you see in the game instead of these textures, or the game gives an error when start? Do you change the resolution or texture format?

Of course, i could not understand from what you send - which texture was edited by you and which is original.

I suggest you try this experiment:

- take a texture from the original resource and shove it (without changes) back.

Will it work?

yes *the game does not accept resources?*

look this video can explain better .... first you see the original unity3d file ...then i use the modded .unity3d with texture changed ...and not work the game ....then finally i put the original file in his folder and the game works [video=youtube;-Vtm_7YFJAQ]

yes *the game does not accept resources?*

look this video can explain better .... first you see the original unity3d file ...then i use the modded .unity3d with texture changed ...and not work the game ....then finally i put the original file in his folder and the game works ...

oh, it's android.... then try the method i described above, it will tell you exactly where to look for the problem.

Either the game just doesn't allow you to change resources or you make the wrong texture.

Hello! I wasn't sure if this is the right thread for this. I've spent a lot of time searching the Internet. How does one import the .assets export that UABE creates into Unity itself? e.g. to browse those assets, adjust settings, re-use in another project.

UABE pulls out only the textures, sounds, text and models themselves. (and add some back)

If you know what to do with them in Unity - then you can use it there. Only so.

You can also change some settings of the textures in the resource. You can also read and modify RAW-data, but you need to understand what to do with it, and then your capabilities will increase.

oh, it's android.... then try the method i described above, it will tell you exactly where to look for the problem.

Either the game just doesn't allow you to change resources or you make the wrong texture.

i was try .. but continue the same problem ...i guess is *Either the game just doesn't allow you to change resources or you make the wrong texture.* some of that .

thanks a lot for all you attention dude.

i hope the next update un uabe can help me

but for that a i think DERPOPO need to know the game.

anyways ....just i need to wait i guess.. and i dont have a .tex editor that i can use correctly ..only WITH UABE

You first need to determine where the problem is - then look for a solution.

I find it very difficult to get the right information from you, and you probably think the same about me :)

:crushed: dont worry dude ..thanks anyways .. the problem is is difficult to explain ...more if my english is bad ....but another way is if you download the game and you try to mod textures then you can see the problem in first plane but ..you are doing a lot know trying to understand and help me ...:smile-new:

Hi,

I was able to run the extractor, and just downloaded the latest Unity free version. When I try to import extracted assets in Unity, it tells me the file uses a newer version and serialization format are not compatible. I am new to Unity.

Any idea ? Thank you !

I'm new to this so excuse my stupidity (I also don't know how active this thread is) but is there any plugins to extract material's into tga's like with textures? Thank you for this tool btw I have no idea what I'm doing but it's worked really well for me

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to mod a game (injecting VR), and to do that I need to edit globalgamemanagers and inject the supported VR devices in there. I would like to be able to do that through my own code. It seems like UABE is the only tool for that, and it isn't open source. I have no idea where to start with this.

Is there any chance the source code for UABE could become available? Or that I could get a hint on how to edit this globalgamemanagers file myself?

• 1 month later...

Hello.

Sorry for my bad English.

Thank you for your software.

I added a new asset but I don't know how to add the container :distrust: I'm just an amateur.

Help me please.

Thank you so much!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-tempid":"temp_28351_1582615117858_825"}[/ATTACH]

I didn't quite understand what it means to "add a container".

Note that UABE only edits and extracts ready-made assets.

You can only add an element (such as a texture or a new entry similar to those that already exist.

(perhaps the author will correct if I use the terminology incorrectly)

What exactly do you mean by "container"?

I didn't quite understand what it means to "add a container".

Note that UABE only edits and extracts ready-made assets.

You can only add an element (such as a texture or a new entry similar to those that already exist.

(perhaps the author will correct if I use the terminology incorrectly)

What exactly do you mean by "container"?

Thank you so much!

I can overwrite an exist entry, but I don't know how to duplicate an exist entry to a new entry, or add a new entry (I used the button "add" but the field "container" was null).

Edited by htlinh90
grammar (see edit history)

ahhh....things have changed a lot since I did this....

I added separate elements once, but now there are more options for this, but most likely i can't help...

But still - where is this container in the screenshot?

YUDNrZ3.png

I probably don't even know what a container is now. What exactly do you want to add ? text, texture, sound? or is this "container" a set of files?

ahhh....things have changed a lot since I did this....

I added separate elements once, but now there are more options for this, but most likely i can't help...

But still - where is this container in the screenshot?

I probably don't even know what a container is now. What exactly do you want to add ? text, texture, sound? or is this "container" a set of files?

I'm trying to duplicate an exist entry, in this case, the file type is AnimationClip (0x0000004A) (I'm trying to export raw an exist entry, add a new blank entry then import raw)

The "Container" is the second column.

I1gJ4jo.png.5bb180d837df40a234bcde19ab9a6046.png

Yes it's possible - I did it, I don't remember how ....if I remember, I will update the post.

I remember that it's not very obvious but it's definitely doable.

UPD:

Yes, here, in this thread, there is an answer to this question:

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...523#post916523

it seems that earlier this was due to the fact that this path was stored in another asset , and some operations had to be done through it.

Yes it's possible - I did it, I don't remember how ....if I remember, I will update the post.

I remember that it's not very obvious but it's definitely doable.

UPD:

Yes, here, in this thread, there is an answer to this question:

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...523#post916523

it seems that earlier this was due to the fact that this path was stored in another asset , and some operations had to be done through it.

Great! Thank you very much! It works! :encouragement::applause::cheerful:

Hello.

Sorry for my bad English.

I'm trying to import a new mesh (.obj) to an asset bundle of a game.

I'm using this way:

1. Use Unity (2019.2.0f1) to open the .obj file then build an asset bundle.

2. Use UABE to open the asset bundle I built and "export dump" the mesh.

3. Use UABE to import that dump-file to an asset bundle of a game.

And the problem is:

When I opened the asset bundle I had built and clicked "view data" of the mesh, It was still good:

4G1yWou.jpg.e160bd7e3d1cce74c5bd40f20551ccc8.jpg

But when I imported that dump-file to an asset bundle of a game then clicked "view data" of the mesh, It was an error, and of course when I ran the game, It did not work:

QUe7NFP.jpg.e322e68b7313a4aa6357c72682edd44b.jpg

I guess It was because of the "Streaming Info" in the end of the dump-file:

0 StreamingInfo m_StreamData
0 unsigned int offset = 0
0 unsigned int size = 916680
1 string path = "archive:/CAB-e1e5d51db885da383e5604e5a3c99c0a/e1e5d51db885da383e5604e5a3c99c0a.resS"

The "string path" above is the path to the asset bundle I built. I tried to replace with the path of the asset bundle of the game, but It still did not work.

I compared with the meshes in the asset bundle of the game, and they did not have the "Streaming Info" like the mesh I built.

So is It a way to solve this problem?

Please help me!

Thank you so much!

Yes, i can confirm that i did this with a static object in the game. There seem to be no secrets, you just need to carefully do everything correctly - but this does not guarantee success.

In addition, there are a lot of side problems: texture mismatches, colliders, animation, materials...

I just want to suggest you another way - using an offset pointing to another asset. But I'm not sure that this will work for meshes - i did this for an audio file.

In this thread, somewhere, this method is described. If I find it, I'll give you a link.

(you can go through this thread yourself, paying attention to the author's posts and mine)