UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

So after some experimenting I was able to get the batch process working to extract most of the bundles. I've gotten my series of .asset files and they are loading in the extractor and giving me the listing of all of the contained files.

However when I try to use the plugin to export sound, I get an error saying...

ERROR!

Unable to open the streamed data file!

this error occurs on every single audio file. the image files can be exported without issue though.

Am I doing something wrong?

Have you used the -keepnames option for batch export? The name of the exported .resS/.resource files should be exactly the same as in the bundle. Please report back in case it still fails, so I can take a look at it. I'll update the Usage.txt file so it mentions this option.

not work with Unity 2018.2.11f.

unable to find any script assemblers!

It's a known bug, the hotfix I posted in this issue should solve it.

Hello, will there be a Mac version of this? I posted this question back in April, and I got no response. Please respond to me this time, it would be very appreciated. :smile-new:

I don't think I'll ever make a native Mac version. But since Wine also has a Mac version, you may still be able to run it.

Hello,

I usually use UABE for game moding purpose, for changing the skin of the game exactly. I simply edit the text asset inside the game directory.

Now I can't do that anymore or I don't have an idea how to do it again, since the developer of the game update their game.

I usually edit this 3 files, mark with red stroke:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25221[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25222[/ATTACH]

as you can see all I do with that is just edit it with number that i want.

and now those 3 files become more complicated to edit, because the red mark that I need is transform to a symbol that I didn't know

what it means. This is the file after update :

1890317372_Resaltau.jpg.02c1c0ec8971ec224af1ce1f86c3b150.jpg

I forgot to take screenshoot on herocostume textasset. As you can see the text become somthing like encrypted.

so is there any solution how to edit those 3 files? I'm kinda very beginner about script/programming btw.

if you want to take a look the file click here

Sorry for bad english :(

1865273568_HercosORIGINAL.jpg.89928a746993fbe0d5b0da111bb5170f.jpg

Hercos-ORIGINAL.jpg.611e2c0ce1e18cf2453705717fa1745b.jpg

Resalt-ORIGINAL.jpg.0a2c79c683fcb12df583cf424614539f.jpg

Rescon-ORIGINAL.jpg.b4ee10c5ee637bef22dbf09bc7b19744.jpg

Edited by keteksemut
missing 1 attach file (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for this amazing tool! I'm using it for some time to extract/remplace assets :)

I have 2 questions :

- Is there any options other than -removetypetree and -keepnames available with command lines ?

- Is there any documentation about AssetsToolsAPI ? I want to extract sounds from multiples assets files that are updated really often and I wonder how I can do it more quickly and efficiently..

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Fournisseur0
spelling (see edit history)

I need help,I can't open these two files. I think is encrypted? https://pan.baidu.com/s/1yaN5FyEjTKVLTWyrNlT7VA

Unfortunately, your file hosting creates a lot of obstacles to download. I'm ready to check your files but I doubt that the encoding will allow me to do it...

Hey, friends! try to use international Internet-resources :).

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Sorry, this is a new link.https://mega.nz/#!ibABiAAa!zHZkPBZM2Z7efu2Y2cdGHN-ZtRRkOu8h6XQw_y0POo4

- - - Updated - - -

https://mega.nz/#!ibABiAAa!zHZkPBZM2Z7efu2Y2cdGHN-ZtRRkOu8h6XQw_y0POo4 I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, your file hosting creates a lot of obstacles to download. I'm ready to check your files but I doubt that the encoding will allow me to do it...

Hey, friends! try to use international Internet-resources :).

https://mega.nz/#!ibABiAAa!zHZkPBZM2Z7efu2Y2cdGHN-ZtRRkOu8h6XQw_y0POo4 I'm sorry.:miserable:

I also could not open these files available to me means.

I suspect they're not assets. It doesn't look encrypted....

But, i tried it with "Unity Web Player".

(check this method -

this is in Russian, the essence of the video is that it is a cache-file and it needs to change the extension then open some way) Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

I also could not open these files available to me means.

I suspect they're not assets. It doesn't look encrypted....

(but, ш haven't tried it with "Unity Web Player". check this check this method -

)

they're is assets,not Unity Web Player file. is Assets Bundle file.But thanks!:smile-new:

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this. I don't have most of the problems i've read here. The plugins are working for me. I even use it to extract and updated the Uma textures. The streaming error that i saw posted above , I only got when i had removed a file from the folder prior to opening. The internal index was trying to reference the .res file. so i open the file from the original location, export and edit all from another folder, import, but i save twice, the first is when i hit ok, for resourceassets it gives a second menu, for blocks and others it doesn't. So for blocks i ok "save" yes, then file save blockstextureatlasescomplete is name i use. On gup discord i wrote a tut for mumpfy to import to uma. the one constant ive seen between questions re it not working properly. Is version and plugin they usually have a different one. I use the same format for export and import in my ambient lighting tutorial.

I'm trying to add a new MonoBehaviour with a nested class to an assetbundle. Sadly uabe always revert the file type (in my case 0xFFFFFFF8) back to the the default MonoBehaviour (0x00000072) and cutting have of the data with it.

Exporting and importing from and to existing MonoBehaviours with nested classes of that sort works fine. So uabe must know those types.

Can anybody tell me how to create new MonoBehaviours with nested classes?

@ libaibaba the files do seem to be encrypted, the decryption is likely done in one of the game modules.

I'm trying to add a new MonoBehaviour with a nested class to an assetbundle. Sadly uabe always revert the file type (in my case 0xFFFFFFF8) back to the the default MonoBehaviour (0x00000072) and cutting have of the data with it.

Exporting and importing from and to existing MonoBehaviours with nested classes of that sort works fine. So uabe must know those types.

Can anybody tell me how to create new MonoBehaviours with nested classes?

Just in case others are interested, I've just answered on github : https://github.com/DerPopo/UABE/issues/238

@ libaibaba the files do seem to be encrypted, the decryption is likely done in one of the game modules.

Just in case others are interested, I've just answered on github : https://github.com/DerPopo/UABE/issues/238

Sadly it does not work.

No mater what I try, UABE still reverts the MonoBehaviours to 0x72. The most successful approach so far is to enter the file type UABE shows (0xfffffff8 in my case). At least UABE then creates a file that is shown as "0xFFFFFFF8 (MonoBehaviour)". Yet viewing the data of this file shows that it is a standard 0x72 type and importing dumps/raws of the 0xFFFFFFF8 type doesn't change that anymore.

Edited by Fhav6X (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Saving a modified bundle from changing a texture(import), then loading that bundle in game.

I tried changing the zombie texture in the asset(resources.assets) and the game loaded it successfully...

(i use for it - beta4)

You can give me the file and i will try to integrate it to check.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but, beta4 have problem with export meshes:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor&p=842982&viewfull=1#post842982

Unfortunately i have the same results. (with Bundles terrain/block)

Export works, but after importing the game can not load Bundles...

upd:

Thank you for inviting me.

Sorry guys, i'll join the discord if he doesn't ask for my phone number to register.