UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

guys, hi all, first, thank you @derpopo , amazing tool.

I have a doubt, I'm modding an app and it has many assets, each asset has only 1 image texture (1 country flag), that app is updated periodically (1 month) and when this occurs it is compiled with different unity version by its creator but asset files have same name.My doubt is if I have modding all asset again (all flag) due unity version compatibility every time that app is updated.

Just try... it often happens that i have compatibility for some time between versions...

(if i understand what this is about)

guys, hi all, first, thank you @derpopo , amazing tool.

I have a doubt, I'm modding an app and it has many assets, each asset has only 1 image texture (1 country flag), that app is updated periodically (1 month) and when this occurs it is compiled with different unity version by its creator but asset files have same name.My doubt is if I have modding all asset again (all flag) due unity version compatibility every time that app is updated.

As n2n1 mentioned, the files may be compatible in some cases (especially with bundle files).

If the files are not compatible, it should at least be possible to simplify this process a lot :

- If the files are bundles (which is the case if can press Info on the main window), you can use the command line batch export option (see Usage.txt) to export the .assets files to a specific directory. Otherwise, copy the existing .assets to a new directory.

- Open the exported .assets files all at once (select all in the Open dialog), click the Type column and select all Texture2D assets. Then, use the texture batch import option (Plugins) to import all textures at once. You'll have to batch export the images from a modded set of game files first so it can find the images properly.

- Save the modified .assets files to a new directory (for bundles) or to the directory they were in before.

- (Bundles only) use the command line batch import option to get the new bundles.

Of course, this requires the Texture2D Path IDs to be stable across updates, which I they should be if the files only contain one asset, each.

This also requires the file names to be stable (in case of bundles, CAB-<hash> names must not change).

The file formats are varying. 000e26... is a text file containing a material definition, 00e769... is a 7z file containing some kind of mesh and the others may be encrypted and/or compressed.

The game seems to be locating its files through 16 bytes hashes (e.g. name hash). Could be MD4 hashes but could also be anything else with >= 16 bytes cut to 16 bytes.

I'm not sure if these files are from a Unity game since there are custom file formats for things that could as well be packed into a Unity bundle file with engine file formats.

As n2n1 mentioned, the files may be compatible in some cases (especially with bundle files).

If the files are not compatible, it should at least be possible to simplify this process a lot :

- If the files are bundles (which is the case if can press Info on the main window), you can use the command line batch export option (see Usage.txt) to export the .assets files to a specific directory. Otherwise, copy the existing .assets to a new directory.

- Open the exported .assets files all at once (select all in the Open dialog), click the Type column and select all Texture2D assets. Then, use the texture batch import option (Plugins) to import all textures at once. You'll have to batch export the images from a modded set of game files first so it can find the images properly.

- Save the modified .assets files to a new directory (for bundles) or to the directory they were in before.

- (Bundles only) use the command line batch import option to get the new bundles.

Of course, this requires the Texture2D Path IDs to be stable across updates, which I they should be if the files only contain one asset, each.

This also requires the file names to be stable (in case of bundles, CAB-<hash> names must not change).

wow very easy! it works, I have imported all new image texteres for each asset in 10 seconds!

HI master @DerPopo, bro ...I need something... I think it is easy to add in your tool.

example

I have 3 assets, again, each asset has 1 image texture.

assets names are:

00000000000000000000000000000001.assets it has 1 image texture named "texturename1"

00000000000000000000000000000002.assets it has 1 image texture named "texturename2"

00000000000000000000000000000003.assets it has 1 image texture named "texturename3"

ok, I open 3 assets ( All at once) and export and I get:

texturename1-00000000000000000000000000000001.assets-1.png

texturename2-00000000000000000000000000000002.assets-1.png

texturename3-00000000000000000000000000000003.assets-1.png

ok, I need rename texture names inside the assets, example

"texturename1" to "texture1"

"texturename2" to "texture2"

"texturename3" to "texture3"

So, I using a software rename png files to:

texture1-00000000000000000000000000000001.assets-1.png

texture2-00000000000000000000000000000002.assets-1.png

texture3-00000000000000000000000000000003.assets-1.png

then using batch import I select folder where new renamed png image files are

texture1-00000000000000000000000000000001.assets-1.png

texture2-00000000000000000000000000000002.assets-1.png

texture3-00000000000000000000000000000003.assets-1.png

images are imported fine, but texture name not, I need import new texture names too...

Can U add a check box option to select new texture name o keep old texture name in assets?

Edited by GOALARG (see edit history)

First of all, thanks a ton for this. Its been a big help in modding some games.

Im having an issue with using my creations in a game though (when it hits the modded texture the game just crashes), and the only thing i can think of is that the size of the modded file is too big to use. Most of the files hover around 2.5-3mb premodded, but if i take 2 files, switch tenures for them (doesnt matter if its a TGA or PNG it gets exported/imported to), and then save them, the filesize jumps to 12mb. Is there something i can do to bring the filesize down to see if that fixes the problem?

I would like to get some help please. I am trying to 3D print an item from a game and I need to figure out how to combine files to make a complete image. I have extracted 2 .obj files and 3 .png files and I need to put the files together so the image is not just a "low poly" .obj file. Any help would be appreciated please! End file needs to be either .obj or .stl

Here are the files I have extracted

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zifVyggxAI3Q-vZFqZMIRWeMt3yaXs19

Here is the full asset folder in case there is something I have missed

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ON02G5N-oGj8SMNlCmnxdzW0r90Pj8zx

Edited by Syc0Maniac (see edit history)

I would like to get some help please. I am trying to 3D print an item from a game and I need to figure out how to combine files to make a complete image. I have extracted 2 .obj files and 3 .png files and I need to put the files together so the image is not just a "low poly" .obj file. Any help would be appreciated please! End file needs to be either .obj or .stl

Here are the files I have extracted

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zifVyggxAI3Q-vZFqZMIRWeMt3yaXs19

Here is the full asset folder in case there is something I have missed

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ON02G5N-oGj8SMNlCmnxdzW0r90Pj8zx

UPD:

I advise blender3D or 3dmax, for manipulations with models and texture. Later, the work there can be saved in the desired format.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

You just want to see a textured model ?

Wm5EwEX.jpg

you'll need a 3D-editor (blender3d, 3dsmax) or 3D-Viewer, or, the easiest way to use the Unity3D engine.

I'm not sure how you're going to use it. You have two obj-files. One low-poly model is another high-poly model. Just choose one of them.

--------------------------------

facecover_shatteredmask_d - this file contains color information (diffuse)

facecover_shatteredmask_nrm - this file contains information about bumps (normals)

facecover_shatteredmask_g - (???) glossy ?

you can use all three or any of them depending on the task.

I am trying to 3D print the model.The obj is just the mask with basic shapes. Is there a way to combine the mask with all of the layers and then export THAT as either .stl or .obj? The obj files do not have the markings ON the mask. just the outer cracks and breaks :( Also if there is a way to "increase" poly count or smooth out the mask?

.obj currently looks like this for printing

Shattered.jpg.4844a6807b5bd8249c80547f8d3af060.jpg

But would like it to have the scarring and "smoothness" on it like this

Shattered2.jpg.32f1f3c81f96e5d26b6c607b3670d657.jpg

I want to extract this audio file in the unity3d file. But i have no clue how I do that.

All I did is just open this unitIy3d file with uabe. but im stucked because I dont know what is this :(

I tried to extract the asset to txt file but this file is not readable i tried to open it with RAR, MPC, KMplayer and still cant :(

so could someone help me in this situation :(

if you want to take a look at the file use this link link :)

btw this asset file is from Android game called Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Thank you for ur help :)

I want to extract this audio file in the unity3d file. But i have no clue how I do that.

All I did is just open this unitIy3d file with uabe. but im stucked because I dont know what is this :(

I tried to extract the asset to txt file but this file is not readable i tried to open it with RAR, MPC, KMplayer and still cant :(

so could someone help me in this situation :(

if you want to take a look at the file use this link link :)

btw this asset file is from Android game called Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Thank you for ur help :)

Hmmm....This file does not contain any audio data - i didn't find anything either, you may be mistaken. Try to look for the sound in a different file.

Hmmm....This file does not contain any audio data - i didn't find anything either, you may be mistaken. Try to look for the sound in a different file.

I believe that file is compressed.

that file is from Audio folder.

This file is loaded in the loading screen of the game.

sorry for bad english btw :(

I believe that file is compressed.

that file is from Audio folder.

This file is loaded in the loading screen of the game.

sorry for bad english btw :(

Yes the asset is compressed, but its contents do not contain audio data. The audio data is definitely labeled Type=0x00000053 (AudioClip). If it were the assets from 7DTD i would tell you with full confidence that they are not there.

(maybe it just has a link to another asset)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Yes the asset is compressed, but its contents do not contain audio data. The audio data is definitely labeled Type=0x00000053 (AudioClip). If it were the assets from 7DTD i would tell you with full confidence that they are not there.

(maybe it just has a link to another asset)

unfortunately its not from 7dtd

its from android game.

so i haven't chance to get audio file? :(

unfortunately its not from 7dtd

its from android game.

so i haven't chance to get audio file? :(

Of course it exists, but just - it's elsewhere.

This is not the only asset. Try to search in the largest files.

Among your files there are files with extension ".res" or ".resS" ?

So, I'm not sure if I'm doing something very inefficient here with this tool but basically... I need to extract a few dozen compressed bundle files for their assets.

Is there a more streamlined way then what I seem to have to do at the moment which is...

1. Open the Compressed bundle

2. Save the uncompressed bundle

3. Open the uncompressed bundle

4. Save the asset file

5. Open the asset file

6. Extract the files from the asset by group 1 at a time.

Repeat 100 times.

I am trying to extract audio files from all of the compressed bundles without having to do all of that for every single bundle, is that possible?

So after some experimenting I was able to get the batch process working to extract most of the bundles. I've gotten my series of .asset files and they are loading in the extractor and giving me the listing of all of the contained files.

However when I try to use the plugin to export sound, I get an error saying...

ERROR!

Unable to open the streamed data file!

this error occurs on every single audio file. the image files can be exported without issue though.

Am I doing something wrong?