UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

So I am trying to use this great tool to mod a game that has 2d sprite objects that look 3d. I can change the textures with the assetbundle extractor, but I need to change the sprite objects themselves. Is this possible? Could there be a future plugin that could replace sprite objects? I can extract them with unity studio, but I can't upload new sprites. Is there a tool for that? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

So I am trying to use this great tool to mod a game that has 2d sprite objects that look 3d. I can change the textures with the assetbundle extractor, but I need to change the sprite objects themselves. Is this possible? Could there be a future plugin that could replace sprite objects? I can extract them with unity studio, but I can't upload new sprites. Is there a tool for that? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

You need to finish your sprite in unity ,Then use this tool to export TXT Modify pathid and import your game ,The premise is that you will be Sprite

You need to finish your sprite in unity ,Then use this tool to export TXT Modify pathid and import your game ,The premise is that you will be Sprite

Thanks for the quick reply. Not sure I fully understand. I make the sprite in unity. I understand modifying the TXT, but where do I place the sprite? I thought I needed to import it into the resources.assets file I am modding.

Thanks for the quick reply. Not sure I fully understand. I make the sprite in unity. I understand modifying the TXT, but where do I place the sprite? I thought I needed to import it into the resources.assets file I am modding.

Maybe I should be more clear. I am trying to mod Fire Pro Wrestling World. In the resources.assets file, there are sprites and textures for the weapons in game. Each weapon has 41 individual sprites and 41 individual textures for those sprites that allow the weapons to appear on screen and be used by the wrestler. Using this tool I can change the textures no problem and they appear in game, but the shape is wrong due to the sprite. So I need to change the 41 individual sprite images (they don't seem to use sprite sheets) so that the weapon is shaped correctly. So I thought all I would need to do is import a new sprite for each of the 41 sprite images in the file to say replace a baseball bat with a guitar or something of that nature. I just can't find a way to do that.

Which problems occur when you try to mod the game? I haven't found any issues with a 2017.3.1f1 project.

I realized that you were talking about 7 deyx to die game, but I use your tool for another game which uses Unity3D and works fine (unitl this new version).

I'll wait for an update of the tool (2017.3.1f1 or later)

By the way thx for your excellent work :)

Ok simple question:

If I export a dump of a sprite and then import the txt dump back in and then click view data there is no data there. Is this a bug? Works fine for a texture, but a sprite fails to work. I believe this is what is causing my problems. Anyone know why this doesn't work?

Due to the lack of proper streaming support compatible with the bundle format, LZ4 is not supported for compression. I don't want to load the complete file into memory either since it would cause a RAM footprint of ~1.5x the uncompressed file size, and bundle files can be 4GB+. It was already quite an endeavour to rewrite the original LZ4 decompression routine LZ4_decompress_generic for file streaming, and the compressor is way more complex.

For this reason, UABE only supports LZMA compression, which is much slower than LZ4.

we can put the texture files back but , how to put the modified ( mesh) .obj file back on ?

use it (mesh) in a Unity-project, compile it, and, from the resulting asset - import, and then export to your asset.

use it (mesh) in a Unity-project, compile it, and, from the resulting asset - import, and then export to your asset.

When decompressing we have a file .obj and how to convert the obj file to the original format?

When decompressing we have a file .obj and how to convert the obj file to the original format?

.obj can be directly used in Unity.

Drag this file into the asset window, after from there - directly into the scene.

When compile the project -you get the asset that contains this mesh. This mesh you want to Export Dump. (with help UABE). After - import this dump - to your asset.

because UABE can put it only in the form of Dump or Raw..

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)