UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

Could you be more specific? Which files did you open for the screenshots (if possible, upload it somewhere and send me a link via PM), which texture did you replace (name, file id, path id)? The file in the second screenshot looks like a single .assets file without dependencies, and it doesn't look like anything is missing. The first file looks like a different one.

Thank's for your reply.. I just send you a PM..

When I export a 100KB MonoBehaviour (contains UI strings), edit anything, then attempt to import it, I get a massive memory leak. Causes my system to lock up before the process is killed entirely.

Have you also tried .json export/import? Anyway, could you send me a dump that causes the issue so I can reproduce it?

Hmmm....do work properly feature of loading textures with MIP-map now ?

I tried to replace 2Dtexture in asset, but the Game (7DtD A16.4(b8)) crash when trying to load the texture (or asset?).

This happens if the checkbox "Has Mipmap" enabled. If you do not enable this checkbox - then everything works fine, but without the Mip-map of course.

I haven't done any of the settings Utility, do not choose the type of database or type of package.

I something missing?

PS: If i understand correctly, enabling this checkbox causes the generation of MIP-levels from the UABE?

that is - i don't have to load a texture with contains MIP levels?

UPD:

Now it Work!

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Hi!

Great tool, very useful :)

I have a question (or feature request?..):

Is there any way to add "int_plastic_brown" into container "materials\int_plastic_brown (Base)" like others assets on this pic?:

a5d40e39b8d507a5087ef822dc47d7dc.jpeg

Easier (and more reliable) than manually editing of "unnamed asset-globalgamemanagers-13-ResourceManager"...

2.2 beta 2 (Happy New Year edition) is out with Unity 2017.3 support and bug fixes!

______

Is there any way to add "int_plastic_brown" into container "materials\int_plastic_brown (Base)" like others assets on this pic?

Currently, the best way is to edit the json dump of the ResourceManager asset (Export Dump, select json instead of txt). Locate the ResourceManager_Dependency that belongs to the asset with (Base) by searching for the Path ID (make sure it also appears under m_Container with the same m_FileID and the correct name), and add your asset to the container by inserting a new entry to m_Dependencies with your asset's Path ID and the proper File ID.

You can look up the File ID of your asset by looking at the View->Dependencies dialog. The drop down list lists absolute File IDs (matching those in the main dialog) and the matching .assets files. Then look up the relative File ID by selecting globalgamemanagers and adding 1 to the number next to the .assets file name you looked up. Use the relative File ID for the entry in ResourceManager.

Hmmm....do work properly feature of loading textures with MIP-map now ?

PS: If i understand correctly, enabling this checkbox causes the generation of MIP-levels from the UABE?

that is - i don't have to load a texture with contains MIP levels?

There was an issue with crunched texture mip maps. They should be working now.

UABE generates the mip maps on its own from a single texture, always combining four pixels to one for each mip map level. Crunch uses a different filter, I haven't touched the settings for it.

So... Der. Can we get the ability to extract animations? Also, what are the .dat files for? Thanks!

Not yet, but .fbx Mesh & AnimationClip export is on my TODO list.

The .dat files contain the asset data in one of Unity's own asset formats. They are only useful with a hex editor or when copying some assets to another project built with the same Unity version, since they don't have any indication which file format and version they have.

2.2 beta 2 (Happy New Year edition) is out with Unity 2017.3 support and bug fixes!

Currently, the best way is to edit the json dump of the ResourceManager asset (Export Dump, select json instead of txt). Locate the ResourceManager_Dependency that belongs to the asset with (Base) by searching for the Path ID (make sure it also appears under m_Container with the same m_FileID and the correct name), and add your asset to the container by inserting a new entry to m_Dependencies with your asset's Path ID and the proper File ID.

You can look up the File ID of your asset by looking at the View->Dependencies dialog. The drop down list lists absolute File IDs (matching those in the main dialog) and the matching .assets files. Then look up the relative File ID by selecting globalgamemanagers and adding 1 to the number next to the .assets file name you looked up. Use the relative File ID for the entry in ResourceManager.

"Currently" means it can be enhanced in future? :)

There's no hurry - it can wait for monts easy...

Btw, thanks for detailed explanation, it's very close to my thoughts - not very hard but have a lots of digits and counters to care about.

And my wishes of Happy New Year from Russia! :)

A0fHuAZ.gif

Oh! :) I think I found something under the tree ! :D :D :D

Happy New Year!!!

UPD:

!!! mip-maps work...

I have a already-made list of what I going to do with this! :)

Greatest Gratitude!

UPD:

IgypxwA.jpg

works well with blocks, terrains and zombie models!

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see Searialize value of MonoBehaviour Component

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23795[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23796[/ATTACH]

like the picture,i want to know values of Scroll Rect Component,but in the view asset of UABE,i can't find anything.my job is to reconstruct Unity Scene.how can i do?my English is poor,forgive me.

AssetData.png.17b503000d4a37e4614a0d3e8f184fd8.png

ScrollRect.jpg.944cbac483345a05e92bf5005de5f507.jpg

can't read values of Monobehaviour component

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23795[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23796[/ATTACH]

like the picture,i want to know values of Scroll Rect Component,but in the view asset of UABE,i can't find anything.my job is to reconstruct Unity Scene.how can i do?my English is poor,forgive me.

I want to see Serialize Values of MonoBehaviour Component

ScrollRect.jpg.d438c772972f1d438cdcb2bb91dbc713.jpg

i want to see Serialize Values of MonoBehaviour Component,like Scroll Rect Componnet,i want to know values of Scroll Rect Component,but in the view asset of UABE,i can't find anything.my job is to reconstruct Unity Scene.how can i do?my English is poor,forgive me.

AssetData.png.9206666dcab8560dce0a3ad333bd2f82.png

Please help me

Hello, I'm the other one unityGame player Please allow me to express gratitude to your tools.It helped me a lot. But now I have a problem. When I use it export dump the *.txt It's perfect. But I'm right now import dump this *.txt and save.When you open it again and export the obj It said "Unable to read the mesh asset!(unknown asset format)" I don't know what's going on ,Please help me Please allow me to thank you again for what you have done And forgive my grammar I'm using translation software This is a document https://pan.baidu.com/s/1kWTZRNL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I use this wonderfull tool since june 2017, the best so far !

But since a new update, I can't mod anymore (the game has changed to version 2017.3.0p3). I wonder : Does the tool (beta 2.2) support this version ?

By the way, I found a bug while exporting 2Dtextures. Exporting in TGA format : the texture name is pre-loaded with CAB name file when saving. Exporting in PNG : the texture name isn't pre-loaded when saving.

Thx DerPopo for your amazing work ;)

Have fun all !

Edited by Caskou (see edit history)

Here it is :

mirror 1

mirror 2

Or as an attachment :

[ATTACH]7188[/ATTACH]

The instructions on how to use it are in the readme.

If you want to add a new texture using UAE, open the Add dialog (menu : Asset->Add).

1. Write your texture's name into Asset Name, write 0 into Asset Index Offset and write 0x0000001C into Asset Type.
  2. Once you have it added, right click an existing texture (like snow) and export it somewhere to a .data file. Right click your new asset and import the exported file.
  3. Click your new asset and select Plug-in. Then right click it and import the texture you created. Make sure the formats of your texture and the new asset match (most likely it should be DXT5).
  4. Select the unnamed asset of type AssetBundle and add the new asset like described in the readme.
  5. Create a normal map of your texture and repeat steps 1-4 to create an asset ending with _n. You can also create a specular ending with _s.

7dtd seems to use grayscales as normal textures.

If you want to use transparency, you have to insert your texture in one of the ta_ files in BlockTextureAtlases.

I realize the instructions are 3 years old, but I managed to get all of these feats done in v2.2, except I get an error when loading the game.

DbpLAES.png

XML code in ta_terrainxml

<uv  id="571" x="34" y="34" w="119" h="119" blockw="8" blockh="8" color="0,0,0" globaluv="False" material="stone" texture="test.tga" />

blocks.xml

<block id="15" name="test">
	<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev" />
	<property name="Material" value="Mbedrock" />
	<property name="Shape" value="Terrain" />
	<property name="Mesh" value="terrain" />
	<property name="Texture" value="571" />
	<property name="DropScale" value="2" />
	<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />
	<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="true" />
</block>

As you can see there doesn't seem to be a container file specified, but the files are there, I edited the xml in blocktextureatlases to reference the file in terraintextures, and the error message I get is:

Exception: TextureAtlasTerrain: couldn't load diffuse texture 'test.tga'

So my request is, can you update the instructions on adding additional files? Thanks!

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

I think I will create a plugin for asset tables since tinkering around with asset dumps isn't very convenient. Directly editing assets in the asset view, navigating to a PPtr reference and having a modeless view dialog (similar to the container list) also are things I'd like to add.

By the way, I've created a Collada exporter for the Mesh plugin along with skeleton and blend shape support for SkinnedMeshRenderer assets using the assimp library (and modifications). It works fine so far, so it might be in the next beta release. Since I've got lots of other things to do, I can't tell when that release is ready though.

Hi, I downloaded recently this tool, and I've a problem, because when I try to export a model, it appears me a screen that says "Invalid shader channels (vertex position doesn't have 3 floats)!".

How can I solve it?

The game possibly uses 2D meshes, while the mesh plugin only supports 3D meshes.

Hello, I'm the other one unityGame player Please allow me to express gratitude to your tools.It helped me a lot. But now I have a problem. When I use it export dump the *.txt It's perfect. But I'm right now import dump this *.txt and save.When you open it again and export the obj It said "Unable to read the mesh asset!(unknown asset format)" I don't know what's going on ,Please help me Please allow me to thank you again for what you have done And forgive my grammar I'm using translation software This is a document https://pan.baidu.com/s/1kWTZRNL

Thanks for the sample file! I've identified the issues with .txt and .json dump import and it will be fixed in the next release.

Hi there,

I use this wonderfull tool since june 2017, the best so far !

But since a new update, I can't mod anymore (the game has changed to version 2017.3.0p3). I wonder : Does the tool (beta 2.2) support this version ?

By the way, I found a bug while exporting 2Dtextures. Exporting in TGA format : the texture name is pre-loaded with CAB name file when saving. Exporting in PNG : the texture name isn't pre-loaded when saving.

Thx DerPopo for your amazing work ;)

Have fun all !

Which problems occur when you try to mod the game? I haven't found any issues with a 2017.3.1f1 project.

The other critical bug you've mentioned will be fixed in the next release. ;)

Huh....

I think I will create a plugin for asset tables since tinkering around with asset dumps isn't very convenient. Directly editing assets in the asset view, navigating to a PPtr reference and having a modeless view dialog (similar to the container list) also are things I'd like to add.

By the way, I've created a Collada exporter for the Mesh plugin along with skeleton and blend shape support for SkinnedMeshRenderer assets using the assimp library (and modifications). It works fine so far, so it might be in the next beta release. Since I've got lots of other things to do, I can't tell when that release is ready though.

The game possibly uses 2D meshes, while the mesh plugin only supports 3D meshes.

Thanks for the sample file! I've identified the issues with .txt and .json dump import and it will be fixed in the next release.

Which problems occur when you try to mod the game? I haven't found any issues with a 2017.3.1f1 project.

Huh........It is 3D meshes,This is a 3D mobile game .....Like this https://www.bilibili.com/video/av18886225/555294768_G6PFQUPDMQC88@I(LWX.jpg.da5499eed9592734757e6f0401d0f2da.jpg

413217799_O__HNH_Z5D()EZ00@N)YMI.jpg.f6186c848a9de2085b9c04ceb6b6ecfe.jpg

7745998_Q1OD4WVE)H(SY3SRA(X.jpg.4f2767117bca31397e381f8dbc173633.jpg

I tried to replace 3 textures from the game, and now all textures from this file are not displayedSS4.jpg.c88b6677bc4622e97808f4bc3609dd85.jpg.

My game now uses v. 2017.3.0p3, and you are talking about v. 2017.3.1f1. Is that my problem ?

Changes in 2.2 beta2 :

Add 2017.3.0f3 support (new class database, updated Texture and Mesh plugins).

:)