UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

I know this will sound like I did not do a search and or did not look at the asset browser before my eye were going bad.

But I cannot find the scrap log spike 2D texture or the upgrade to steel which is what I want, or at least the texture that will upgrade a block to steel on a reinforced concrete 1x1x1x1 block

Does anyone know the actual name of the scrap log spike 2D texture or even the main block steel upgrade.

Please!!!

Please With a Cherry on top!!!

Pretty Please with a cherry on top!!!

here is what I working on, and why I need the spike textures:

https://lookimg.com/image/gEWFU

Exporting .OBJ is amazing, your program is amazing and I am jealous I because I have no programming or scripting (LUA, Python) skills what so ever.

Still searching

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

I have a file with name "data.unity3d" and i used UABE to unpack and replace some image inside. Then I save it with another name. Unfortunately, this file not compressed. Please show me, how can do with UABE to unpack and repack this Unity Bundles file. Thank you so much!

I know this will sound like I did not do a search and or did not look at the asset browser before my eye were going bad.

But I cannot find the scrap log spike 2D texture or the upgrade to steel which is what I want, or at least the texture that will upgrade a block to steel on a reinforced concrete 1x1x1x1 block

Does anyone know the actual name of the scrap log spike 2D texture or even the main block steel upgrade.

Please!!!

Please With a Cherry on top!!!

Pretty Please with a cherry on top!!!

here is what I working on, and why I need the spike textures:

https://lookimg.com/image/gEWFU

Exporting .OBJ is amazing, your program is amazing and I am jealous I because I have no programming or scripting (LUA, Python) skills what so ever.

Still searching

if I understand you correctly - then you need to look at:

\7 Days To Die\Data\Bundles\BlockTextureAtlases

there textures of block.

PS: but keep in mind that these textures are common(mutual) to many blocks. After edit - it affect to all. In addition, now is no support MIP-map, means that after you edit the textures will not look so good.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

This tool was exactly what I needed! Amazing that you made this, and thank you very much!

I wanted to ask, if anyone else has problems extracting multiple Texture2D assets and converting them to .PNG via Plugin? I have no problems loading up a couple files and then extracting the Texture2D assets from them, I've done it once and only once where it converted up to 100 files in .PNG, but that was the last time it worked.

The problem is I'll load up the files I want to extract, highlight them all, click the plugin conversion to .png and set the destination folder but nothing shows up inside the folder. Could it be that I am trying to extract and convert too many files at once?

edit: I also tried doing the same with .tga plugin and no result with mass converting

Edited by highknee (see edit history)

2.2 is mostly finished and only needs a final bit of polishing and testing. I'll probably release it as beta first and remove that tag once it has proved stable and major-bug-free for long enough.

It'll be by far the biggest update with 34467 changed lines of code in 40 commits (vs. 19 for UABE 2.0) so far. I don't want to imagine how long it will take to write the changelog :p

2.2 is mostly finished and only needs a final bit of polishing and testing. I'll probably release it as beta first and remove that tag once it has proved stable and major-bug-free for long enough.

It'll be by far the biggest update with 34467 changed lines of code in 40 commits (vs. 19 for UABE 2.0) so far. I don't want to imagine how long it will take to write the changelog :p

DERPOPO FOR PRESIDENT!!! Thank you for your hardwork :star::first:

if I understand you correctly - then you need to look at:

\7 Days To Die\Data\Bundles\BlockTextureAtlases

there textures of block.

PS: but keep in mind that these textures are common(mutual) to many blocks. After edit - it affect to all. In addition, now is no support MIP-map, means that after you edit the textures will not look so good.

I have found it and I will use a UVW modifier to adjust the texture at a resolution I will need. The base I am working in is just a 3D simulation of the game with textures on or off but as applied will provide me with a flyby or info that will make a more realistic representation of my next plans.

Yeah I take this a bit too far, but that's just the way I do things in almost every RPG or similar complicated games.

Thank you again.

I can't export .assets files to image file.(both of .png and .tga)

Only image files(audio type file or others are good)

I think it's because no type database matches my version.

How can I extract image file from .assets?

Whenever I open the .assets file, I have to select a type database.

It reads "No type database matches the player version 2017.2.0f3. Select one out of this list and press OK."

Thank you very much!

I can't export .assets file to image file(both of .png and .tga). Others can but only image files can't.

I think it's because its version is 2017.x.

Whenever I open .assets file, I have to select a type database.

It reads "No type database matches the player virsion 2017.2.0f3. Select one out of the list and press OK."

How can I export .assets file to image?

Thank you very much !!!

UABE 2.2 beta1 is out with support for 2017.1/2, batch import, MonoBehaviour dumps for non-bundled assets, massive performance improvements and almost 101% of the changelog.

Sadly, I had to cancel lootboxes due to the Battlefront II disaster.

I'm no expert, but...

Your QR-code seems non-standard, it makes sense ? :)

It's actually just there to hide a space invader on the 7dtd forums.

UABE 2.2 beta1 is out with support for 2017.1/2, batch import, MonoBehaviour dumps for non-bundled assets, massive performance improvements and almost 101% of the changelog.

Sadly, I had to cancel lootboxes due to the Battlefront II disaster.

It's actually just there to hide a space invader on the 7dtd forums.

Thank you very much for your hard work DerPopo!

I hope you will continue with this project for a long time. I might as well donate some money to support the project!

Hello! Thanks for that great tool, but I've got a couple of questions here.

It was easy to figure out how export Texture2D as png as well as replace this with my own graphics.

But is there any way how I can easily export all images in a batch? e.g. if I dont know the name of resource and just trying to find him among all the rest of assets. Also, is there any chance to decompile/change monobehaviour script inside asset?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much for your hard work DerPopo!

I hope you will continue with this project for a long time. I might as well donate some money to support the project!

You're welcome!

I do consider UABE to be a long term project. However, I don't want to make myself feel obliged to it by accepting donations since it's hard to predict how much time I will have for it in the future. Still, thank you for the offer!

Hello! Thanks for that great tool, but I've got a couple of questions here.

It was easy to figure out how export Texture2D as png as well as replace this with my own graphics.

But is there any way how I can easily export all images in a batch? e.g. if I dont know the name of resource and just trying to find him among all the rest of assets. Also, is there any chance to decompile/change monobehaviour script inside asset?

Thanks in advance!

You can select multiple assets either by dragging with the mouse or through ctrl+click / shift+click.

If you're referring to the game assemblies such as Assembly-CSharp, you can either use dnSpy or tools such as ILSpy or JustDecompile with the Reflexil plugin. If you've got a bundle file with .dlls embedded (e.g. some older web builds), you can export and import these files as well.

In case you mean MonoBehaviour assets (these contain default values used to instantiate a MonoBehaviour object), you can export a dump, allow UABE to extract the script information, modify the dump and import it back.

You're welcome!

I do consider UABE to be a long term project. However, I don't want to make myself feel obliged to it by accepting donations since it's hard to predict how much time I will have for it in the future. Still, thank you for the offer!

Fair point. But I do think people wouldn't mind. It's like paying $50 for a Season Pass and in a few years, no one plays that game anymore. Game won't be supported anymore or have any updates. That's how I see it basically.

One more question: I search for specific keywords (using total commander) and it shows that it's contained in globalmanagers file. I try to extract the resources, but is there any way how can I search for that specific resource? also still not clear is there any chance I can edit monobehaviour script?

Missing Save File

Hi Dude... I just found your great tool...

i was trying to edit the image and save them.. ( use 2.2 betta version)

but the result of new file is missing..

this before saved / original file

1164943125_Image2.jpg.9f4734fa57dfa5a2c16b623002306493.jpg

and this after saved / after edit texture2D

1392873429_Image21.jpg.32d7e2fb51e77a7b089bb5bcd717eae5.jpg

thanks You... and sorry for bad english :(

Edited by dev388 (see edit history)

Hello

How can i export materiel type ? ps: i can export texture 2d but materiel no :upset:

You can export a dump of materials, and the textures belonging to it. Exporting the materials to a compatible format (which?) would require a new plugin and support for exporting the shader linked to that material (and there are three or more different shader formats across the Unity versions supported by UABE).

Is there a way to add more new file into asset?

for example, if my asset file have File ID 0, 1 and 2.

then if i use "File -> Add" and set File ID 3, the app will crash.

any help? :x

That crash is a bug and will be fixed.

It automatically assigns a Path ID for the new asset (which you can change), and you can enter the File ID from the drop-down list in View->Dependencies.

Note that you can only add a single asset through File->Add, not a new .assets file.

This file

How to use UABE unzip?

can't open this file

version 2.2

In case you are not the same person, please refer to https://github.com/DerPopo/UABE/issues/169#issuecomment-352243453 .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23562[/ATTACH]

Is there a way to add more file into this list?

I try to edit its binary but not work, any idea? :'(

Currently there is no option to do that in UABE. You could do it with a hex editor (though you need to resize the dependencies list, manually insert the new dependency entry, apply 4-byte alignment for the first asset, then update the metadata size, total file size and first asset offset in the file header) or through the UABE 2.1 API (which still has a bug saving .assets files that might be an issue in some cases). I'll get 2.2 API ready when I find time for it.

One more question: I search for specific keywords (using total commander) and it shows that it's contained in globalmanagers file. I try to extract the resources, but is there any way how can I search for that specific resource? also still not clear is there any chance I can edit monobehaviour script?

You could select all assets in globalgamemanagers (i.e. if you open globalgamemanagers in UABE, select all assets with File ID 0) and do a raw or dump export, and find out which exported asset the search term is in.

I'm not sure what you mean, since there are MonoBehaviour assets and MonoBehaviour type classes. The first one is listed in .assets files and can be edited with UABE (export dump, allow UABE to extract script information or use "Tools->Get script information" first, do whatever you want to the dump file, import dump). The second one is in assembly files which you can edit with tools like dnSpy or ILSpy+Reflexil, or compiled il2cpp on some restrictive platforms such as iOS afaik, which probably are far more complicated to edit.

Hi Dude... I just found your great tool...

i was trying to edit the image and save them.. ( use 2.2 betta version)

but the result of new file is missing..

this before saved / original file

and this after saved / after edit texture2D

thanks You... and sorry for bad english :(

Could you be more specific? Which files did you open for the screenshots (if possible, upload it somewhere and send me a link via PM), which texture did you replace (name, file id, path id)? The file in the second screenshot looks like a single .assets file without dependencies, and it doesn't look like anything is missing. The first file looks like a different one.