Wyatt

Will there be a console update?

I have a question about consoles when are they gonna get updated because we are being left behind, because pc is on 18 getting ready for 19 but you guys havent updated console in 3 or 2 years 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 minute ago, Wyatt said:

I have a question about consoles when are they gonna get updated because we are being left behind, because pc is on 18 getting ready for 19 but you guys havent updated console in 3 or 2 years 

that stuff has been told 1000s of times

no, its due to money and publisher issues, it may come during the next gen on consoles but thats a maybe! 

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

that stuff has been told 1000s of times

no, its due to money and publisher issues, it may come during the next gen on consoles but thats a maybe! 

Ok but theying getting for alpha 19 whats up with that 

you should ask in the console forum, this is a thread about a19 

but long story short (for what i know and remember) TFP sold the right for a console port to Telltale, Telltale stopped updating  and then went titty up, TFP after a legal fight win the rights backs(or buy back, don't remember), maybe after gold TFP could think of porting to console (emphasis on maybe)

updates were all responsibility of Telltale, not TFP

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

Ok but theying getting for alpha 19 whats up with that 

I think TFP is not responsible for the game on consoles, but it is on PC. (I'm not sure)

30 minutes ago, Sakurambo said:

you should ask in the console forum, this is a thread about a19 

but long story short (for what i know and remember) TFP sold the right for a console port to Telltale, Telltale stopped updating  and then went titty up, TFP after a legal fight win the rights backs(or buy back, don't remember), maybe after gold TFP could think of porting to console (emphasis on maybe)

updates were all responsibility of Telltale, not TFP

I already asked tell tale and they said ask you guys 

4 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

https://7daystodie.com/console-news/

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wyatt said:

So we might not get updates on console at all 

Don't be pessimistic! I think you guys will have, maybe after gold. Have some trust! :)

Sadly, Very unlikely.  All the details is on the console forums stickys.

2 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

Don't be pessimistic! I think you guys will have, maybe after gold. Have some trust! :)

Yeah how many years is that

1 minute ago, Wyatt said:

Yeah how many years is that

That I cannot answer my friend, I strongly recommend buying the game on PC, I think the experience is much better and you'll always have the latest version of the game.

It is impossible to update that version they won't allow broken saves. Best we can hope for is after we go gold on PC we can get it ported to the new consoles.

Please do not post console questions in the A19 Developer Diary. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Wyatt said:

I already asked tell tale and they said ask you guys 

in an ideal world they should take responsibily for their action and explain to you why you cannot  get an update

but this is the real world, where noone is responsible for nothing, is always someone fault

10 hours ago, Sakurambo said:

in an ideal world they should take responsibily for their action and explain to you why you cannot  get an update

but this is the real world, where noone is responsible for nothing, is always someone fault

To be fair, the TellTale Games publisher that released this on the console, doesn't exist anymore.

19 hours ago, Sakurambo said:

The people who bought the name "Telltale" in an auction are linked to "7 Days to Die" in about the same way as the company who rented the office suite of telltale after that company went bankrupt. 😁

People need to be patient and have some faith. I play on console myself and I would love an update just as much as anyone else. I know it sucks but, you have to keep in mind that The Fun Pimps have to clean up the mess that Telltale Games left behind which takes time. And this is just common sense, but I highly doubt that The Fun Pimps would of spent money on getting back the publishing rights for console if they didn't care or didn't have plans for the future. 

17 minutes ago, II Blittz II said:

People need to be patient and have some faith. I play on console myself and I would love an update just as much as anyone else. I know it sucks but, you have to keep in mind that The Fun Pimps have to clean up the mess that Telltale Games left behind which takes time. And this is just common sense, but I highly doubt that The Fun Pimps would of spent money on getting back the publishing rights for console if they didn't care or didn't have plans for the future. 

"Clean up the mess" is about right. Just don't assume that there is any work being done on the console port at this time. AFAIK (and I don't have any inside knowledge, so just guessing from public information) the clean up is essentially waiting for the PC version to be finished, because only then

1) do they have a version that is stable enough to be ported to console without actually running multiple alphas on the console side (we've seen how well that worked with the telltale port, I don't think they'll ever do that again)

2) the time is right to hire a publisher/developer combo to do the port for some fixed price.  The alternative would be doing the licencing thing again, but that needs a willing publisher on the other side that (obviously) isn't available at the moment.

I know they ain't working on console, it's why I never ask because I'd just be wasting my breath, lol!

Posted (edited)

I personally think they have dipped out on the console players an don’t intend to ever update it or reboot it it’s been 3years and yet they could have simply made a better deal with another company to do the ports heck they keep closing all the console pages and that says a lot so all of us console gamers have effectively been given the bird 🙁

Edited by Jokrwild
Misspelled word (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jokrwild said:

I personally think they have dipped out on the console players an don’t intend to ever update it or reboot it it’s been 3years and yet they could have simply made a better deal with another company to do the ports heck they keep closing all the console pages and that says a lot so all of us console gamers have effectively been given the bird 🙁

Have you read this?

https://7daystodie.com/console-news/

Its pretty clear  to me on what happened and why a console update before the PC version is completed is most likely not going to happen.  Regardless, I understand the frustration console players have experienced.   Hopefully the majority of console players have gotten their money's worth from the version that they do have currently have...

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)
  • Like 1

😞 Ah, man. It's painful to see console players still hanging around hoping there will be new updates. Not as many of you left now...

As someone who used to be in the same boat, I can understand your pain and despair. The way I see it, you guys on consoles have two options. You can either wait until the next gen consoles arrive later this year and hope a new fully updated version of 7DTD gets ported over, or you can put that money you're saving up for a next gen console towards a gaming PC instead. 

Personally I recommend the latter option. You can buy a decent mid-range gaming PC for around £500-700 now, which is only slightly more than what a next gen console will probably cost. And you'll earn that money back because games are much cheaper on PC (especially if you wait for sales), and you also don't have to pay for online subscriptions either. It's by far the best option! Plus, you'll be able to play all the other great survival games that PC has to offer as well.

I know it's not what you guys want to hear, but unfortunately, this is the reality of the situation. You ARE much better off switching over to PC this generation, and as someone who just did the same thing I highly recommend it. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

They could at least put a few resources toward eliminating shutdowns and world deletion. That’s the worst of it really.

11 minutes ago, Galupa518 said:

They could at least put a few resources toward eliminating shutdowns and world deletion. That’s the worst of it really.

Again, doing so will cost literally several million dollars.