Sign in to follow this  
Tahaan

Post something interesting!

OH! Sacred. I almost forgot about Sacred. Hidden gem that one. Sacred 2 was complete shit though.

• Like 1

I'd a) try never to get anyfreakingwhere near a zombie, ever, and b) if that fails, swing for their knees with the shovel. The only goal would be to slow them down so I can escape. No trying to re-kill them if all I've got is a shovel. In a no-escape fight it would be take out the knee, then spear them with the shovel head right at the jawline.

Not directed at you specifically, but I find it hilarious when people get upset when survivors are killed by zombies in any number of movies as if they think they would make much better decisions.

With that said.....this is what would probably happen to many zombie survivor know it alls lol.....

OH! Sacred. I almost forgot about Sacred. Hidden gem that one. Sacred 2 was complete ♥♥♥♥ though.

except for the video of Blind Guardian

i pretty much buyed it for that :D

OH! Sacred. I almost forgot about Sacred. Hidden gem that one. Sacred 2 was complete ♥♥♥♥ though.

I played both sacred and its sequel. Yeah number 2 Wasnt as good.

You guys ever play dungeon siege 1 or 2? Man I swear the shear number of skills in that game was insane.....

Posted (edited)

Have you tried Arx Fatalis, its similar to Ultima Underworld but with a modern interface and graphics and one of the coolest spell systems out there. It has the same dungeon level type game world, with a city on one level and all kinds of things to find on other levels. https://www.gog.com/game/arx_fatalis...xoCk_kQAvD_BwE

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I played both sacred and its sequel. Yeah number 2 Wasnt as good.

You guys ever play dungeon siege 1 or 2? Man I swear the shear number of skills in that game was insane.....

I tried Dungeon Siege 1 but after leaving it for a week I realized it was just too linear and with nothing really interesting, I like to go off the beaten path in games and being a modern game and not being to do this or even backtrack the path you followed was the reason I stopped playing. I know the designer is famous for making great games but designing a good RPG may not be his thing, Of course this is just my opinion, there are lots of people who really enjoyed the game.

I hope the Fun Pimps are not getting irritated talking about games other than theirs, but I heard MadMole was into classic RPGs so he may dig this.

I just found out that Wasteland is has a remaster https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...nd_Remastered/ This was the fisrt RPG I ever played on my C64 in 1988.

Sorry to the OP for going off the rails of the post and into talking about classic RPG games. There is probably only a handful of guys that could be into this and to the others its probably not very interesting at all.

I tried Dungeon Siege 1 but after leaving it for a week I realized it was just too linear and with nothing really interesting, I like to go off the beaten path in games and being a modern game and not being to do this was the reason I stopped playing. I know the designer is famous for making great games but designing a good RPG may not be his thing, Of course this is just my opinion, there are lots of people who really enjoyed the game.

Was more like a diablo game then a true rpg.

Posted (edited)

Was more like a diablo game then a true rpg.

Well it is categorized as an Action Role Playing Game and I did not like Diablo too much either but at least you could get back to the towns and exploring was more enjoyable in Diablo. I am not into the hack and slash RPGs before games like Gothic and Morrowind too much. Gothic and Morrowind changed the action RPG genre into something I like. Its the topdown or isometric perspective action RPGs like Diablo, or Dungeons Siege I am not too in to. that's not to say the Baldurs Gate Infinity engine games were not great, even Neverwinter Nights was cool too,

I have Dragon Age 1 & 2 as well as The Witcher 1 & 2 sitting on my hard drive and I have heard good things about them, even though I prefer the more realistic action RPGs in third and first person perspective, I know the Witcher is somewhat third person perspective but it still resembles an isometric perspective to me.

I found a dead puma I suppose it starve to death because I wasn't there for it to eat me. It didn't need its meat and hide anymore but I needed its meat and hide so I butchered it up.

I found a dead puma I suppose it starve to death because I wasn't there for it to eat me. It didn't need its meat and hide anymore but I needed its meat and hide so I butchered it up.

WTF? Are you serious.

I'd like to eventually get into dragon age inquisition as I have heard alot of great things about it.

WTF? Are you serious.

Yes I am, this happened to me this morning in the snow biome. I suppose it could have been recently killed by a z but I didn't see any nearby.

Perhaps it would have degraded into a pile of bones that you see all over the place but I got to it just in time.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"display.jpg","data-attachmentid":1726036}[/ATTACH]

I love spam with some buttered vegetables on the side.

I'd like to eventually get into dragon age inquisition as I have heard alot of great things about it.

The gameplay was good, but the story didn't really keep me interested.

Yes I am, this happened to me this morning in the snow biome. I suppose it could have been recently killed by a z but I didn't see any nearby.

Perhaps it would have degraded into a pile of bones that you see all over the place but I got to it just in time.

If you leave a chunk before an animal corpse despawns, and returns later, it will still be there. The de-spawn timer resets if the chunk becomes dormant.

So I assume this animal was killed the previous time you drove past.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":1728357}[/ATTACH]

First, I groom you. Then, the head-humping.

Reminds me of this:

• Like 1

Have you played the first 2 Dragon Age games?

Have you played the first 2 Dragon Age games?

Unfortunately no. However my brother did and he would always tell me about the series...?

A couple of other cool old school games that come to mind was Arcanum (steampunk/magic rpg) and jagged alliance 1 and 2 (turned base tactical mercenary squad series with alot of character)

Posted (edited)
A couple of other cool old school games that come to mind was Arcanum (steampunk/magic rpg) and jagged alliance 1 and 2 (turned base tactical mercenary squad series with alot of character)

I have both Arcanum and all of the Jagged Alliance games, Jagged Alliance 2 was one of the best games I ever played, I never finished it because the palace location kicked my ass and I just gave up. I did finish Fallout Tactics which was amazing as well. Some others are 7.62, Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge, Jagged Alliance: Back In Action, Brigade E5 - New Jagged Union and Silent Storm Gold but Jagged Alliance 2 and Fallout Tactics have yest to be outdone.

My favorite RPG on any platform was Wizardry 8, the thing with your favorite games is that you can remember how cool they were and then only wish you did not play it so you could play it now. I have boatloads of games I just don't have the right frame of mind to play any now, so discussing them is about all I can do now and hope someday I can get into one. They pretty much have be down to the point of where I just live day to day hoping to get my old life back and at the moment not really being able to accomplish anything other than just hanging around. I guess a lot of people can relate to that now and by the time they are done screwing around with control we may not have much of a world left too live in. I would also be willing to bet the survivalists in our country are not laughed at and called a bunch of paranoid lunatics anymore.

I have both Arcanum and all of the Jagged Alliance games, Jagged Alliance 2 was one of the best games I ever played, I never finished it because the palace location kicked my ass and I just gave up. I did finish Fallout Tactics which was amazing as well. Some others are 7.62, Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge, Jagged Alliance: Back In Action, Brigade E5 - New Jagged Union and Silent Storm Gold but Jagged Alliance 2 and Fallout Tactics have yest to be outdone.

My favorite RPG on any platform was Wizardry 8, the thing with your favorite games is that you can remember how cool they were and then only wish you did not play it so you could play it now. I have boatloads of games I just don't have the right frame of mind to play any now, so discussing them is about all I can do now and hope someday I can get into one. They pretty much have be down to the point of where I just live day to day hoping to get my old life back and at the moment not really being able to accomplish anything other than just hanging around. I guess a lot of people can relate to that now and by the time they are done screwing around with control we may not have much of a world left too live in. I would also be willing to bet the survivalists in our country are not laughed at and called a bunch of paranoid lunatics anymore.

So true, alot of the memories of old games will probably forever be just nostaligia. I've gone back a few times and it's never really the same but can still be fun at least for a short while still.

Speaking of jagged alliance, my favorite character was for some reason Ivan Dolvich. I think his character is forever etched into my memory lol...

...that game was a pioneer in it's time. More mercenaries then you could count with all unique character and voice overs (albeit many sterotypes...) and the sheer number of guns for realism sake and the game wasnt even a simulation. It was just done for fun...

There was also the community made 1.13? Patch that added more realism to the game....?

Posted (edited)

So true, alot of the memories of old games will probably forever be just nostaligia. I've gone back a few times and it's never really the same but can still be fun at least for a short while still.

Speaking of jagged alliance, my favorite character was for some reason Ivan Dolvich. I think his character is forever etched into my memory lol...

...that game was a pioneer in it's time. More mercenaries then you could count with all unique character and voice overs (albeit many sterotypes...) and the sheer number of guns for realism sake and the game wasnt even a simulation. It was just done for fun...

There was also the community made 1.13? Patch that added more realism to the game....?

The game was so full of things to do and like you say, guns, guns and more guns, that was the thing for me, but it was a lot of micro management and that itself could take most of your time.

Here is a printout of some classic RPG games I have collected via Abandonware, Steam, GOG, GamersGate and retail boxed games, this does not include Gothic, Witcher and Skyrim type games as these are more modern, these of course are only games I have not played yet or the list would be larger.

Hi Bob,

The file attachments don't look like they are working when clicked on.