Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: Custom with most settings to Ultra

Game mode: SP and Dedi

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off? on

Bug Description: It is not possible to put more than one block in a single voxel space, even when the objects could realistically fit and have collision boxes that are smaller than the actual voxel.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug: Example #1

1) In the corner of a room, try to place a candle both on the left and right of the corner.

Actual result: The first candle occupies the whole voxel and the second cannot be placed there.

Expected result: Small blocks, like candles, bars (not centered), light switches, ladders etc should be able to share a single voxel as long as they are not on the same side.

Note: If implemented the way I hope, one would be able to put bars on both sides of a corner when making railings. The challenge would be about how to handle cases where two physical objects intersect or mesh. I personally would just let them mesh, but one can also be creative with the actual objects to make sure they don't mesh...

I dont think this is a bug but agree with you that it would be nice if certain blocks could overlap. ?

This is definitely not a bug. However...

Putting more than 1 thing in a square would be great! Not sure how they'd make it happen, but I'd love that feature.

I guess it might break some of the existing rules with block placement. Not sure what the side effects would be.

Some "bug reports" are classified as enhancements.

I hope that this would be easy-enough to implement to make it viable. You would in theoryhave a list of up to 6 "blocks" per voxel (where currently it is always one block per voxel) - one for each "side" of the voxel to which something could be connected.

Implementing it would not change the style or in any way take away from the game. It would open up many doors to builders...

I recall asking about microvoxels once, and I don't think the devs plan on doing that.

This is not the same thing.

My understanding is that microvoxels are just smaller. Each voxel still contain only one block.

I am talking about placing up to 6 blocks into a single voxel.

The implementation I would go for is to set on each block which "sides" of the voxel it would occupy. For example the ramp would occupy 4 of the 6 sides but there would still be 2 sides free in the voxel.

But I leave the implementation to the guys who understand the engine and its capabilities.