Mount & Blade 2 - Bannerlords is out!!!

Laz Man

I bought the first game and never played it. Guess I should because it seems I'm missing out.

It's considered EA right now so campaign is a bit buggy. Had a few quest crashes already and inconsistent npc dialogue. Quests and such seem very similar to Warband, hopefully it gets more fleshed out.

Lots of sandbox stuff to play with though and there is also large scale MP siege which is also alot of fun.

The graphical overhaul over warband is probably the biggest improvement. I'm playing on medium/low settings and game still looks pretty good and decent FPS. (Gtx 960)

• 2 weeks later...
It's considered EA right now so campaign is a bit buggy. Had a few quest crashes already and inconsistent npc dialogue. Quests and such seem very similar to Warband, hopefully it gets more fleshed out.

It is... playable. Sort of. Early beta at best.

For a scale of how EA it is: just last week they fixed 20 different crash bugs. That means they are far from getting to the huge number of balancing and polishing items that must be on their list.

I liked #1 and I think this one could become awesome but realistically it will take no less than 6 months to get it to a reasonably playable state with some issues.

It is... playable. Sort of. Early beta at best.

For a scale of how EA it is: just last week they fixed 20 different crash bugs. That means they are far from getting to the huge number of balancing and polishing items that must be on their list.

I liked #1 and I think this one could become awesome but realistically it will take no less than 6 months to get it to a reasonably playable state with some issues.

Hey Gazz,

With 50+ hours sunken in I am enjoying it very much. Their team has cranked out a patch every day since release which has helped reduce crashes and severe balancing issues. I am willing to bet a big factor in this is their telemetry software.

I noticed they are using one during the game load screen.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought Mount and Blade back at 0.7 or something from the Taleworlds website and have a setup for version 1.0 along with a later Warband on Steam, its a great game but It lacks a real objective other than conquest of the entire land and in Warband it seemed impossible when you pick a side and end up going up against a king and 100s of troops. I tried to get to a level decent enough to pick a country to fight for and I could never get further than hunting sea raiders for extra money and really not accomplishing much. The combat is the key component that got me into it with the realistic mounted horse battles and you can get so addicted to it that you feel like a bloodlusting Genghis Khan picking battles just to wack guys off their horsed with your battle axe. I think Genghis Khan not only is represented here but the developers are based in Turkey where I believe old Genghis Khan may have had some battles if he went that far west, (although I am not really sure with my lack of education).

I may get Bannerlord someday, maybe after a boatload of patches, until then I have far too many other games that I can get into. Steam (although some may hate them) has allowed boatloads of Indy developers such as The Fun Pimps to sell their games at a good price and without the need for EA, Ubisoft and other mega-publishers backing, even before a gold version, back when we used to get Floppies, CDs or DVDs. I do miss the time when the media used to come with manuals and other garbage and you could put games on a shelf and enjoy a collection of games rather than a hard drive full of them as with GOG, Steam and other DD services. When Taleworlds' Mount and Blade came out, Steam was just coming out as well and they did not really have the advertising that it deserved, so not many people knew of it other than a small article in PC Gamer or on Gamespot, but they did have a demo back then so it was easy to check it out before buying it, which is another thing I miss as well, when you used to get playable demos on PC Gamer or Maximum PC or on a web based advertising like Gamefront and Gamespot. I still remember System Shock 2, Half Life and Doom demos, man those were the days (Archie Bunker come into mind smoking his cigar playing his piano and reminds me how old I am) when the PC kicked ass over the consoles, In my opinion anyway.

Before Al and Peggy we had:

Spoiler

Sorry, I could not help looking this up on YouTube.

Archived