general Questions about A18

The Loooser

3) If you come from the overview page, click on the two small arrows on a white background behind the date of the Last Post to go directly to the last post on the last page.

If you are already in the thread, scroll down to the end of the page, you see buttons for "previous" and "next" but also always buttons for the number of the first (naturally always "1") and last page (in this thread "4" at the moment)

Noooope. (Edit: not at the top of the thread, anyhow; see meganoth's post next) Entirely new forum software coming at some point, so I guess they're not going to bother re-enabling some of the features we used to have.

Pretty much any good function we used to have was a mod written for vBulletin. What we have now is vanilla because there just are not very many mods created for this newest version. The old version was no longer supported by the company and the new version has to be minimalist because nobody stuck with it to create add ons. Even if we had decided to stay with vBulletin most of the old functions would not have come back.

Next question is:

I shot a Demolisher dead very fast, but it still exploded. Now I read that it ALWAYS explodes if you shoot into that green trigger device and also ONLY if you shoot it there.

In other words: It will never explode, if you punch it with your fists in the face or on the legs (?)

Also it will never explode if he stands near a blade trap, that is constantly hitting him and he will always die without explosion (?)

If this is true, then what about the following:

Let's say I have a base with shotgun turrets. When the demolisher comes and the turrets shoot at it, they shoot with more than 1 projectile and also with a spread and also not controlled at a certain point of the zombie.

That means that shotgun turrets are like the box of pandora, because they MAY or MAY NOT trigger the explosion, I cannot control it and everytime it will be a 50/50 if the Zombie will just die or if the Turret will ultimately cause my Base to get destroyed, without me having any impact on it (besides killing the zombie so fast, that it is not faced by the Shotgun Turret) ?

That would mean that in this alpha those Shotgun turrets are a high risk, as I would need to control 200 % that demolishes will never reach the turret, otherwise there is a (high) chance that he will still destroy my base, even if I do not trigger the effect myself?

THXXXX

If you can't turn off forges your installation of the game may be seriously fubar. I have not seen any other players complain about such a thing happening.

The demolisher is a relatively new thing and its behaviour changed a few times. In its current incarnation you can trigger the bomb and the bomb won't explode if you kill the demo fast enough (this was not possible in 18.2 I think). Blade traps used to trigger the bomb quite often no matter how you set them up, but this might have also changed for the better !?

You say you can trigger it (making it red and counting down to explode) but it will NOT explode if you kill him.

But if it starts ticking, then the demolisher always falls down and looks dead already ... so how can I "kill" it then?

Actually one Demolisher died and I kept shooting at him. It still ticked further, but then it did not explode.

So I did damage on the (seemingly) dead Demolisher and it prevented the explosion.

Next time a Demolisher "died" I also shot at him with the same Weapon (Q6 AK-47 so the damage was also super high) but this time it exploded! I am 10000 % sure that I did "enough" damage to prevent him, because AK has the highest DPS and I did it exactly like this the time before.

So could you plz explain how to really prevent him exploding? Otherwise that giant new base with 1000+ concrete and steel and 1 week work is completely useless now : /

Normal or AP ammo?

The Demo has 1000 hitpoints and lots of armor. I don't know what an AK47 does against the demo, but it surely is much less than the damage it shows you on the AKs tab.

Now if one of your first shots against the undamaged Demo turns on the timer then you will have a VERY hard time to kill him before the time is up.

But lets say, you whittled him down to 300 hitpoints and oops, you hit the timer. Now we're talking. A salvo, including a few headshots, should save you from the explosion.

AFAIK the timer lasts for 2 seconds?

If you want to test it, turn on the hitpoint display for zombies, either with a mod or through the debug menue. You should be able to see how much damage your AK does to the demo in relation to his total hit points

About the falling down: Often Zombies fall down before being dead and stand up again. They are knocked down by the damage like a boxer. This should have nothing to do with the timer, it would be a coincidence if he falls at the same time the trigger gets hit.

Now I get it: The Demolisher was in this kind of ragdoll moment when he was lying on the floor, looking like he was dead.

He was in constant Shotgun Turret fire so I thought he MUST be dead. Actually then he was still really alive and kept exploding.

So you say: I just have to bring his HP to 0 and then any countdown is directly vanishing?

Guess that s where I have to get the AP Ammo, I guess they are especially made for them.

Another questiosn:

1.) What does it mean when a Zombie is blinking on the radar?

This is of course just the case when doing a Quest to clear stuff:

Then Zombies are red on the minimal and some of them are sometimes blinking - what's that?

2.) I have a pistol that does 52 damage and I have handguns 0/5.

Then I increased handguns to 5/5. Now the pistol still does only 52 damage, but it is stated that I now get a 50 % damage increase ...? So where is that increase?

3.) is Rad remover worth it? I mean I get what it does ... but weapon mod slots are scarce and there are so many good things to put in. Therefore my question is basically:

Is the Rad Regeneration SO HIGH that it would justify using the remover on a weapon, where it not even has a usage all the time (as Rad zombies are the least one that you encounter).

So I have an AK-47 with 80 DMG that also kills Radiated Zombies in 2 seconds. Now if I would shoot on them 1x and then leave them for 1 minute, I guess that shot is healed. But of course I never to such thing and head straight for the kill, so if I focus on a Zombie, would this even make a difference in killing them? I actually can not believe it is worth it, as I may take down a rad Zombie in 6 shots and would it only be 5 with the mod or what? Like I said, it is dead in 2 seconds nevertheless.

4.) I tried to increase the Mod Slots of Ghilie Suit Hood to 4 (as it is with other helmets - otherwise with 0 mod slots the Ghilie Hood is pretty useless, as you would have to carry a 2nd Head Piece all the time anyways to have your light with you).

But when I go in game, then it is still at 0 (except colour slot). Did I do something wrong? I just made:

<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="4"/>

5.) The sad thing about Ghilie Suit is that you cannot wear College Jacket anymore and as it is 10 % more walking speed this is just superior to everything. Therefore I tried to migrate that effect over to Ghilie Suit by adding 5 % of walking speed to both parts, but it did not work. I looked at College Jacket and after the Hypothermal Resist there is the line with the Walking Speed. I added that line to the Ghilie Outfit at the same position and made:

<passive_effect name="RunSpeed" operation="perc_add" value=".1"/><display_value name="dRunSpeed" value=".05"/>

It is not displayed in the window, but it works - as setting it to .5 will greatly increase speed, even if you dont see it. So I just want to report here that it seems to be a bug that it will not show up, even if there is a line "diplay_value name"

A line "diplay_value name" won't work since "display" is misspelled. Naturally I don't know whether you only disspelled here in the forum or also in the code.

A lowest quality ghillie suit should have 1 mod slot not 0.

Rad remover is almost useless in some situations. I once started a test game and turned on hit points to actually see how fast their regeneration really is and it was only relevant if you give the zombie time off. If you keep concentrating your fire on single zombies until they are dead, regeneration won't make much of a difference.

Still, shooting at a glowy that gets one heal tick in before being killed (and I would guess usually he gets at least one) often means that a bullet more is needed. So however small it is, a rad remover gives the equivalent of a small damage increase against glowies, and we all want mods that give damage increase :wink-new:

Rad remover is great if you have a horde base with lots of traps. Shoot any glowy from afar and they will get damaged by the traps like everyone else. Also if you use dart throwers with their relatively low DPS.

A line "diplay_value name" won't work since "display" is misspelled. Naturally I don't know whether you only disspelled here in the forum or also in the code.

How do you misspell "misspell"? That's either the greatest pun I've seen for some time or the greatest typo I've seen in a very long time. :-)

*A line "diplay_value name" won't work since "display" is misspelled.*

That misspell ist just as I wrote the extract from that line by hand - the copied line is of course copied and it shows the real line. And there is no misspell so this cant be the reason - does this mean it is bugged then and can never show off?

*A lowest quality ghillie suit should have 1 mod slot not 0.*

But as Ghilie Suit is tagged as clothing and not as armor it can never have a quality and therefore it will also always have the same equip slot amount. And the hood indeed has 0, the other 2 have 1 (in every case + 1 color mod slot).

Or is there a skill to increase quality of clothing? I guess it is static and can never be changed normally (and seemingly also not by code editing).

New question is:

How do I fly around with the camera?

Here is the video guide:

It tells me to press P in debug mode and then press the button right of P, which is [

But not for me: The button right of P is Ü and it does not work.

So what now?

Archived