wrathmaniac

7d2d Mod Creator (Xml/Xpath)

Just wanted to throw a link to my application for generating xml amd xpath for 7 days to die. Currently the application has quite a few features to assist in modding the game. It has support for searching the existing xml files easier. And while doing so provides the ability to perform any Xpath command on any in game object, while only needing the bare minimum from the user to create the xml.

My goal was to make creating the xml much easier by providing an interface without needed to look through those heavy xml files.

I'm hoping to make it be sort of a norm for modders ;)

The link is here: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/754

Let me know what you guys think!

Just wanted to let you know with v 1.6 I find the app to be a full on XML modlet editor. If you want to come check it out one more time it is quite a bit better than when I originally wrote this post. I have also added some tutorial videos on how to use it. Let me know what you think and if you like it be sure to tell your friends!

Hey there. Saw this tool, it's definitely a solid idea. Do you have a git repo for it?

Posted (edited)

I do! It can be found here:
https://github.com/corvettelover66/7d2dModXmlXpathGenerator

Everything is written in c# WPF.
Honestly, it is a bit of a mess. I really need to refactor and I'm sure there are things that could be done better. I've only worked on it solo and there are tons of things I still want to add to it but I don't have the time.

Edited by wrathmaniac (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1