Sign in to follow this  
Xendraw27

Random and Constant Crashing

Summary: Game crashes at random times. This is happening during any time cycle, indoors, outdoors, in and out of combat, driving, walking, pretty much at random. I am connected to a friend's dedicated server with similiar PC specs, and he is not experencing these issues. We usually play for 2-4 hours a night, and I usually experience 3-5 crashes per play session. Sometimes, the crashes are so bad, that it causes my entire PC to freeze, requiring a reboot of my system.

Game Version: A18.4 b4

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

System Memory: 16GB

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 2070 Super 8GB RAM

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: Medium, but crashes at any setting, even with Motion Blur disabled.

Game mode: MP Client, NAV

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Off

Bug Description: Random crashes

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Play the game.

Actual result: We expect to simply play the game. However, at this frequency of crashing, it is slowly becoming unplayable.

Expected result: The game not to crash.

Please help as this is becoming quite the nuisance. As previously stated, the game is becoming unplayable. We have tried changing various video settings, as well as disabling Anisotropic Filtering in nVidia's Control Panel for all applications. I see that there is some Unity error message in this log, related to Line 66 of a Detail Renderer that is unable to load. The attached log is from earlier tonight. When the game crashed, a pop-up window appeared, I believe labeled, "Unity Crash Handler." When I moused over the window, my screen turned black, and I was unable to perform any action at all, causing me to hard shut off my PC.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

output_log__2020-03-17__22-35-01.txt

Posted (edited)

You're running out of system ram.. 16Gigs should be enough so something else is going on. Check that your swapfile setting

is at the default. And run task manager while you're in the game to see what app is using up all the ram. Maybe your friend is running

a mod that causes a memory leak? Maybe you have a bad ram stick?

From your log.

Line 576: Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!

Edited by Beelzybub (see edit history)

The Detail Render issue you see is a benign Unity bug that can be ignored for the most part.

The most important part is the Null Ref you are getting while loading the game files.

Would it be possible to get the server side output log AND your log after a crash?

Schwanz9000

Posted (edited)
The Detail Render issue you see is a benign Unity bug that can be ignored for the most part.

The most important part is the Null Ref you are getting while loading the game files.

Would it be possible to get the server side output log AND your log after a crash?

Schwanz9000

I will submit this when I get home from work, later today.

And as far as my RAM goes, I dont have this type of issue with any other game. I'm currently playing Starcraft 2 and the remake of Tomb Raider, both video settings on Ultra, and have never experienced any crashes, nor halts.

EDIT: I am also seeing some references in the log about a failure to load x86 files, as it was expecting x64 files. Do I have the 32 bit version installed? How can I fix this?

Edited by Xendraw27 (see edit history)