Snukfin's Server Side vehicleS

Snufkin

• 2 weeks later...

Big small update. Changed the code to be more stable. In technical terms, the vehicles no longer depend of the player to load the physics and the models, it turns out they accept the "Buffs" property, so now they load the necessary buff themselves. The ATV is there to play around but isn't craftable (yet).

Big small update. Changed the code to be more stable. In technical terms, the vehicles no longer depend of the player to load the physics and the models, it turns out they accept the "Buffs" property, so now they load the necessary buff themselves. The ATV is there to play around but isn't craftable (yet).

Thank you for the update. I had some trouble with the vehicles before, not sure if this is what was fixed now, but I managed to fix that, I guess it was a mod load order problem or incompatibility with a different mod in my case. But honestly with more than 100 mods installed it's almost impossible to check out every little possibility for me, so whatever it is that you fixed in this last update, I hope it will prevent any similar issues in the future.

If it works, can you do the same for the weapons? Not often but sometimes can you see the single-parts of the models xD

Thats a very specific problem. Please upload a screenshot when you see a problem and I will fix it in no time

It's strange, but I haven't even touched the vehicles from this mod yet when this error showed up (lack of materials), but honestly, since then I spent long hours of playing and I didn't catch that error again, but I do play with some other mods installed and updated couple of them recently. Maybe there was some temporary issue or incompatibility that was fixed, but I will keep watching for this error and when it shows up again, I will let you know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/1/2020 at 9:44 PM, EZ2Remember said:

Is this mod still active? I like the vehicle models and would love to try out the jetpack.

I believe Snufkin is really busy at the moment with some stuff away from the game and can't dedicate the time on these projects but...

Here is a tentative update to restore compatibility for A19.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Custom-Vehicles-A19-Test

I tested this on a dedicated server and received the following load out messages.

This is a good thing. It wasn't always like this.

vehiclemod.thumb.jpg.1597d95be41d1485fcd70b60fe78ef62.jpg

The updates so far are as follows:

Issue 1
recipes.xml
meleeThrownSpearSteelParts

The dedicated server produces this warning:

2020-10-09T15:20:45 111.077 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'recipes.xml' failed
2020-10-09T15:20:45 111.077 EXC No item/block/material with name 'meleeThrownSpearSteelParts' existing
Exception: No item/block/material with name 'meleeThrownSpearSteelParts' existing
  at RecipesFromXml+<LoadRecipies>d__1.MoveNext () [0x00499] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0
  at ThreadManager+<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40.MoveNext () [0x00044] in <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<>c__DisplayClass50_0:<loadSingleXml>b__2(Exception)
<CoroutineWrapperWithExceptionCallback>d__40:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename: <9f04a0ee08f84f3794a7468a839f2bb0> Line: 0)

As the 'meleeThrownSpearSteelParts' no longer exists, it is commented out and replaced with 'meleeToolAllSteelParts' in

recipes.xml
recipe name="HellBeast"

from

<!--ingredient name="meleeThrownSpearSteelParts" count="10"/--> to
<ingredient name="meleeToolAllSteelParts" count="10"/>

--------------------------------
Issue 2
recipes.xml
meleeToolWrench

As with Issue 1 and with the same resolution.

Issue 3
recipes.xml
gunJunkTurretParts

As with Issue 1 and commented out and changed to:

<ingredient name="gunBotRoboticsParts" count="40"/>

Issue 4
Xui warning about inventory for "CustonVehicles"

2020-10-09T15:20:55 121.098 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "CustonVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='inventory']/@rows"
2020-10-09T15:20:55 121.098 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "CustonVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='inventory']/@cols"

Commented it all out.

There are probably other things to tweak but this gets it to being dedicated server stable and all the best if you can take it further or test it on your dedicated server.

Just a few pikkies.

The jet pack bugged a little at first spawn.

20201009161707_1.thumb.jpg.876c335c7e8ddebe01e81b12b2ff1b54.jpg

And then stabilised on next attempt. I shall watch the particles for issues as they can cause issues and we saw in some other mods.

20201009162324_1.thumb.jpg.bdc1c69ec56f4516c18f6d1ff36d6429.jpg

20201009161832_1.thumb.jpg.868aaaed04c2c827da89d2eaad373547.jpg

20201009162152_1.thumb.jpg.582ac96660cc9cb956d9f74e2b175458.jpg

20201009161241_1.thumb.jpg.8d4fa5650af80ff4e8aca38195fdfa93.jpg

I need a parachute instructor. I wonder if it has been implemented.

20201009162401_1.thumb.jpg.fa15e296ba6d4d18180fc4aed8aa7e0e.jpg

The recipes are taking well.

20201009160615_1.thumb.jpg.cef1569364198ba1b1751a8767ae6c2e.jpg

Yes, a bit of conflict at the moment with existing vehicles and needs a bits of work. And it's not like we can just remove the mod if we have brought the new entities into a world....

Make back ups and not on your main server. :)

Prior to this I was in the server for a good hour playing with the vehicles with a bud and looked good.

20201009205710_1.thumb.jpg.9e8703c7cc27b49dfd316ab260d02163.jpg

Update: Possibly a conflict from another mod setting as we really pushed it hard at this stage.

As long as you understand the basics of how these vehicles work, you should be able to make them compatible with A19. The real problem is that the base system was flawed: using buffs to deactivate portions of the vehicle didn't work consistently, that's why you got those vehicles that still show the original models. If you can't deactivate the colliders, you will use the old ones and the vehicles probably won't work. That's why I made the rollback, because I found the buff works different if you assign it on the "Buffs" property, you assign it on first spawn OR you make the player give the buff to the vehicle when it gets near. While ugly, I found the latter method to bee more reliable.

1 hour ago, Snufkin said:

As long as you understand the basics of how these vehicles work, you should be able to make them compatible with A19. The real problem is that the base system was flawed: using buffs to deactivate portions of the vehicle didn't work consistently, that's why you got those vehicles that still show the original models. If you can't deactivate the colliders, you will use the old ones and the vehicles probably won't work. That's why I made the rollback, because I found the buff works different if you assign it on the "Buffs" property, you assign it on first spawn OR you make the player give the buff to the vehicle when it gets near. While ugly, I found the latter method to bee more reliable.

I shall persevere for a bit longer. It feels like there is some some odd caching of data at times which introduces residual impact when it shouldn't really be there. As if there is ghost data that hasn't been fully purged on cleans and restarts. I may just be imagining it. Anyways, I'm going to work from almost vanilla with the Custom Zombies and Custom Vehicles in the mix and little else beyond a few players buffs.

I persevered for a bit longer.

I had backed up a World I want to use the Custom Vehicles and Custom Zombies on as primary mods and reinstalled everything. I only added in a few extra complementary mods which give larger inventory, stacking capability, a quest ammo buff, and a power generation buff.

I think peace is restored.

I feel this was already compatible with A19 vanilla and the server host just needs to be very careful about what is matched with it as they build their server modlets.

In my case, I found a conflicting vehicle entry being called on. Without that, the vanilla vehicles are back to default and very happy to meet the custom vehicles which take precendence.

Great fun Snufkin, and once again your imagination pays dividends.

20201010033755_1.thumb.jpg.c0d7d779a9f612594edfb301837a638b.jpg

I played with the new server setup for about 3 hours now and this included a Blood Moon event. I really pushed the server as much as I could but kept the mods balanced with Custom Vehicles and Custom Zombies are primary with buff mods as secondary.

The results were very decent indeed. I didn't experience any red warnings during that time, and any yellow warnings were things I've seen with vanilla default settings and they could have come from anywhere.

The only thing players and server hosts need to be aware of is that first spawns may need a moment or two for the code to become integrated. Once the data is cached things become smooth and further calls on the same code do not seem to be an issue.

There first placement was erratic but further placements were very comfortable.

20201010114501_1.thumb.jpg.c2dea358600da1dfde7e210ab34f29fc.jpg

20201010114414_1.thumb.jpg.e40daafc79f07c26ba21101e571a1caf.jpg

This supply box was like a thorn.

20201010114308_1.thumb.jpg.afada753e0da1f4ace59f310f770c76d.jpg

But as we can stand on deck..... A nice feature.

20201010114321_1.thumb.jpg.c11371b9c767f090c7bd6586d48f27f8.jpg

If this wasn't pushing the boundaries I don't know what is.

20201010132826_1.thumb.jpg.8be30f3c63e4f7a406bfad8b89198378.jpg

It was a stable and fun gaming session.

20201010134032_1.thumb.jpg.dc33c45b049fcb5f85a54af031790cb6.jpg

On 10/11/2020 at 9:55 AM, h0tr0d said:

Ya gotta rename the wrench item and steel spear parts within the recipes.xml.

Ya, the generic all tool steel parts did the job.

And I just had to look down a little more to get the parachute working just as if it was a bicycle. Cool stuff from the heights.

20201012153500_1.thumb.jpg.3ab063778f9d0a23423e4921d64385c9.jpg

Snufkin's Server Side vehicles has been on the server for a 3 days and still going strong. My thoughts on each vehicle so far.

Hell Beast - My vehicle of choice. It has the speed and mobility for all terrain. It can even hop over the Armored Car with a run up. It even drifts on sharp turns and this was something I really didn't expect.

Armored Car - It's fun and looking at the xml buff code shows it was quite experimental and needed some flexible coding to give it some parallel features.

Sled - It sure beats the bicycle and has a decent 'honk' as well. It fits right in with the snow biome.

Jet Pack - Takes a bit of getting used to but really comes in handy for Tier V skyscraper quests if you want to work your way down.

Parachute - And if you don't want to work your way down, you can just gently float back down instead. The paragliding element is certainly there.

Army Truck - A bit fickle to place but really feels good once it gets going.

Raft - Best to leave it at the water's edge as a permanent feature as you 'don't want to rock the boat' once it's nicely placed.

8 hours ago, h0tr0d said:

very nice man; I burnt out but you're picking up steam!

I wonder if those xui errors were due to the word being spelled Custon and not Custom.

I took a look into that. The spelling just comes from the ModInfo.xml file and there was no other reference for the Xui areas.

The default area has no reference to what the Xui is appending whereas other areas have it by default. I wonder if it's a hardcoding issue with the updates...

'windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='inventory']/@rows">10

29 minutes ago, Slawa said:

@arramus

Can you take a look at this, after you finished the vehicle mod?

Would be cool. Trying to fix it for myself in 19.1 but no chance, there is still a few visual bugs

Oh my word, these wonders never cease. I have never tried this mod before and will give it a good run through as well as read the thread in more detail to see the early stages and compare with what is available now.

I like the gyro, but even with a good few hours with it, I don't think I will ever truly master the controls.

I just don't have the precision motor skills to fly such a post zombie apocalyptic contraption.

By emulating portions of Snufkin's innovative approach to coding in new features with existing assets, here is a tentative vehicle based on the gyrocopter.

For want of a better name, The Whirligig

20201014001600_1.thumb.jpg.ae5edc149fa503502bf0dfd793cac46b.jpg

It is just a private thing at the moment, as without permissions to use the base code until Snufkin's say so, the intellectual property will naturally be honored. However @bdubyah was very kind to allow me to use the MD-500 helicopter code from Bdub's Vehicles.

I play on two servers, one very heavily modded with lots for clients to download and another with only server side mods. The MD-500 is always my vehicle of choice and getting back to the gyro in the server side mod server can be deflating and just reemphasize where I'm lacking in piloting skills. Getting the MD-500 balanced probably, but most likely definitely, took substantial time, and allowing me to use this code directly is very generous and will provide a lot of accident free flying.

What it has so far:

- Vertical take off and landing when properly levelled.

- Smooth helicopter controls.

- More gas capacity and efficiency as well as speed.

- 3 seater capacity.

- An attached nose lamp that is permanently on and illuminates close proximity.

- Vent blades to give the illusion of additional downward force and the speed that may come with it.

- Tires to give the illusion of blade shields and shock absorbers. These aren't 100% lined up but such is.

These features seem to give it more function and a useful purpose.

20201014002017_1.thumb.jpg.322b5a84c9d7170c795be2458c7be48c.jpg

20201014001640_1.thumb.jpg.6dfd0952dcfb1a21ba7726e72fda0d55.jpg

2 other players can join the pilot by sitting in reverse on the rear wing.

20201012164601_1.thumb.jpg.82a7b448352fad9c7714db24c12ec1f2.jpg

Attaching items to the gyro needed left/right, up/down, and forwards/backwards from the central point of origin.

Rotating items attached to the gyro needed forward/backwards, left/right 'twist' angle, and left/right lean angle.

I'll add the code and notes for doing this for the Whirligig so far as it will save you time if you want to try some out on your own creations which Snufkin has encouraged modders to do in the vehicles, zombies, and weapons server side mods.

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="#Entities/Vehicles?Car/car_tirePrefab.prefab" local_offset="-0.5,0.4,-0.7" local_rotation="0,0,0" parent_transform="Origin"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachParticleEffectToEntity" particle="#Entities/Vehicles?Car/car_tirePrefab.prefab" local_offset="0.5,0.4,-0.7" local_rotation="0,0,0" parent_transform="Origin"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="Entities/Appliances/vent_fan_doublePrefab" local_offset="-0,0.8,-0.7" local_rotation="0,0,0" parent_transform="Origin"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="Entities/Lighting/lanternPlayerPrefab" local_offset="0,0.55,2.05" local_rotation="70,0,0" parent_transform="Origin"/>

Local offset parameters attach the prefab onto the model - 0,0,0 - First expresses left to right from central origin. / Second expresses up and down from central origin. / Third expresses front to back from central origin.

Local rotation parameters direct the angle of the prefab onto the model - 0,0,0 - First expresses forwards/backwards angle. / Second expresses left/right twist angle. / Third expresses left/right lean angle.

Archived