Backpacks not on radar, and missing damage indicators

zootal

Fired up a brand new server a18.4(b4). Spawn in world. Make stone axe. Start chopping tree. I notice that the damage the tree is taking no longer appears. Is this a new thing, we can no longer see how much damage is being dealt the things as we try to harvest them?

While I'm marveling at this, a zombie walks up to me and kills me. Respawn. Find my way back to the tree I was chopping, where my backpack is lying on the ground. I notice my backpack did not appear on the radar. While I'm marveling at this, another zombie kills me. Respawn. No backpack on radar. Backpacks seem to no longer appear on radar, even though they are in world where we died.

Is this a new thing, or is there a setting I'm missing that controls this?

I am seeing the damage I do to trees and boulders when I whack em with my stone axe. When I die my backpack location shows up on my radar too.

Check your settings, sounds like you have somethings turned off

I'm pretty sure there is no setting that controls that. Tried it again today after server restart and client reboot and it works. Go figure <shrug>...

TBH backpacks and radar has never been all that reliable. I usually go into the console and LE to list all entities to see where my backpack is. That is 100% reliable - if it shows a backpack somewhere, you can be sure it's there. If it's not on the entity list, then your backpack is either gone our out of range.

• 2 weeks later...

So a week later, I find that about half the time, my backpack won't be on the radar. I can usually find it, but no thanks to the radar cause it just doesn't appear. If I can find a way to duplicate this reliably, I'll log a bug report.

Archived