Jump to content

Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, The Frankman said:

My death was definitely a humbling experience since I hadn't died in at least 30-40 days.

It certainly takes a BM event or even a venture to the Wasteland to a whole new experience. My greatest deaths have been a combo assault. First the Banshee got my vision, then the Mantis screwed up my perception, the Wrestler drew me closer, and the Geist phased through the ceiling and finished me off. One of ones are simple adaptive learning strategies but these dynamic combos are something else. I don’t know which entitygroups.xml you selected but the Snufkin Party one brings all 15 into a BM event and can be very testy at times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely mod, but I have a few questions ever since I installed this mod into my game:

 

I: I added it halfway through my local server save (around day 23 I'd say), and it's been about two in game weeks, and I've yet to see a special zombie apart from when they show up during blood moons. Is this the intended behavior, or me adding it halfway though the save is causing this?

 

II: How would I go about stopping certain zombies from spawning at all? Based on my limited coding knowledge, I guess I must edit a file/files inside the mod's config folder.

 

III: This question pretty much goes in hand with II, how would I go about editing the HP of certain zombies?

 

Thanks for your time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, benedu3095 said:

Lovely mod, but I have a few questions ever since I installed this mod into my game:

 

I: I added it halfway through my local server save (around day 23 I'd say), and it's been about two in game weeks, and I've yet to see a special zombie apart from when they show up during blood moons. Is this the intended behavior, or me adding it halfway though the save is causing this?

 

II: How would I go about stopping certain zombies from spawning at all? Based on my limited coding knowledge, I guess I must edit a file/files inside the mod's config folder.

 

III: This question pretty much goes in hand with II, how would I go about editing the HP of certain zombies?

 

Thanks for your time.

for HP: find the xml entityclasses (open with note pade or notepad ++) and change the value for Maxheath (change the value= line, thats the HP. Leave the "") <passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="2500"/> 

 

for more spawns open entity groups XLM:     <entity name="zombiePsycho" prob="0.05" /> 

 

Change the prob="0.05" (or whatever it is). Higher number = more of them. A 0.00 = none. A 0.3 = 30% chance 

 

 

You can also edit the "spawning" xml to make more then one appear at at time on normal days/nights etc. Edit "max count" number

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 7:12 PM, Dre said:

for HP: find the xml entityclasses (open with note pade or notepad ++) and change the value for Maxheath (change the value= line, thats the HP. Leave the "") <passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="2500"/> 

 

for more spawns open entity groups XLM:     <entity name="zombiePsycho" prob="0.05" /> 

 

Change the prob="0.05" (or whatever it is). Higher number = more of them. A 0.00 = none. A 0.3 = 30% chance 

 

 

You can also edit the "spawning" xml to make more then one appear at at time on normal days/nights etc. Edit "max count" number

Worked like a charm, and was even able to add in the psycho instead of the scarecrow during blood moon nights, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Slawa and @Robeloto 

 

I understand you have  a mod similar to Snukfins?  

 

any chance you can look at adding a new version of Grace the Boss Boar?  maybe something like Grace Boar with lightning when hit and acid puke is well within their capabilities. maybe she could be given lots of attachments to make her look like a battle boar.

 

if you have your own threads or Discord please share!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 6:17 AM, Lonestarcanuck said:

Can  you make a BOSS version of Grace the Boss Boar?  like 10K HP,  shoots flames or spits acid like the cops? 

 

Testing Grace's big sister, Mittens. Set to 5K which was more than enough on my own.

20201124001540_1.thumb.jpg.f46e367a497c9ee9aac46c0da932636f.jpg

 

Mittens uses the radiated cop's settings for the most part for the acid projectile and hit features.

20201124005225_1.thumb.jpg.c2566afe6446a0ce8fe783a93f911aaf.jpg

 

After testing, this will be released as a stand alone mod that will be set up to be integrated into the Snufkin Mod. It currently contains 3 entities: Mittens,

 

Paindeer

20201123175726_1.thumb.jpg.4c384ba633c73d5c13f465151d13bae2.jpg

 

20201123175828_1.thumb.jpg.3be4dc8b42450f596dcd36486a495c2c.jpg

 

Motorhead

20201123224500_1.thumb.jpg.ba49840047ff4469c476cdaf9f153d06.jpg

 

20201123224511_1.thumb.jpg.44fbe0bf5d9f819f83e6cb5427274025.jpg

 

20201123224521_1.thumb.jpg.c4938017a4cdbbc0de722ac85c2c4f0d.jpg

 

Lacking the depth and sophistication of a Snufkin entity as they are simply modified versions of existing zombies but will add to the variety.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaltedHQ said:

Is it possible to remove zombie types or reduce their spawns for servers? We had a bloodmoon and couldn't do a thing because there were like 6 banshee's constantly keeping our screen's greened over.

Look at the post Wed 4pm further up in thread. 

Edited by Dre (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Snufkin and thank you for this amazing mod. I enjoy playing it singleplayer and i would like to install it on my server but i'am having some problems. Once i upload it to my Server and  unpack it, it creates a folder with mod folder inside instead of usual single folder type (see picture) and i cannot get it to work. Tried to unpack it to my desktop, getting the folder out and packing it separately but my server will not accept it after this and shows error 500. Sorry if this is something silly i'am just a noob in these matters. Would appreciate any help.

Capture.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rafael81 said:

Hello Snufkin and thank you for this amazing mod. I enjoy playing it singleplayer and i would like to install it on my server but i'am having some problems. Once i upload it to my Server and  unpack it, it creates a folder with mod folder inside instead of usual single folder type (see picture) and i cannot get it to work. Tried to unpack it to my desktop, getting the folder out and packing it separately but my server will not accept it after this and shows error 500. Sorry if this is something silly i'am just a noob in these matters. Would appreciate any help.

Capture.JPG

Hi Rafael81,

 

This is the 'Plus' version which has all of Snufkin's Zombies plus 10 new ones. Is that the version you wanted or do you prefer just the regular Snufkin versions?

Github adds folders to its own 'Repository' folder which gives that double layer. Instead of unpacking which makes an additional folder, can you extract which will should allow you to take only the inner folder and place it inside your Mods folder?

 

Does your server give your 'Desktop' access where you can perform the extract or is it just a server management control panel?

 

If you get lost with this, send me a PM and we can get this task completed together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OddJob001 said:

We are having an issue with the latest November update, where the Pumpkin dude doesnt take any damage.  Any idea on how to fix?

I’m currently running the Plus version of Snufkin’s Zombies which has exactly the same Pumpkin character and settings. I wasn’t able to replicate this issue in that build. This was a recent update and I wasn’t able to replicate it in this original version either and have seen the Pumpkin man many times since the Nov 3 release.

 

I wonder what other mods are in your Mods folder. This will help us consider potential conflicts/duplication/overlap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to get the mod to work for a server I'm hosting and I would very very much appreciate some assistance

I've extracted it to my mod folder and I'm looking at all the files but i can't seem to spawn it in my F6 entity spawn menu in my server

Neither do they seem to be spawning In multiple bloodmoons with 300~400 game stage. 

So I assume I've done something wrong

 

What should I do to ensure their spawn during at the very least bloodmoons?

 

I've installed bandit mods and I seem to be able to spawn bandits but I can't get these to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Romanji That should have done the job. If not, there is another single shell version linked to from the first post to the restored A19 version.

 

The default spawning setup is a nice introduction to the Snufkin zombies and is based on careful consideration to character and biome.

 

Should you want to increase the challenge at a latter stage as game stage and level increase, the same post also contains an alternative ‘Snufkin Party’ file for greater spawning and BM challenge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, arramus said:

@RomanjiThat’s correct. If you installed the Snufkin Zombies, vehicles, and weapons, they are all server side only. 

Thank you for all your assistance, I will certainly peruse for more. I only wish I knew how to mod as to be able to contribute to the list of mods the 7day community has. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im trying to get the research camera thing to work, but the research station is not working it seem, its just greyed out. Also do I need entityclass.xml in both the camera and the the zombie mod?

Edit 1:
I have the camera, I have film, I can use the camera but nothing happens. Someone said load the film, how can I do that?

The station seem to be working, but there is nothing to do at the moment. This feels more like a puzzle than a mod :D

Edit 2:
Ok the film loaded as ammo :D
Still no idea whats happening, no special sound, only a growl from shooting them with the camera, and I setup a photoshoot with juggernaut and wrestler here, they are starting to get impatient 😛

 

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2020 at 2:02 AM, xxx73 said:

Im trying to get the research camera thing to work, but the research station is not working it seem, its just greyed out. Also do I need entityclass.xml in both the camera and the the zombie mod?

Edit 1:
I have the camera, I have film, I can use the camera but nothing happens. Someone said load the film, how can I do that?

The station seem to be working, but there is nothing to do at the moment. This feels more like a puzzle than a mod :D

Edit 2:
Ok the film loaded as ammo :D
Still no idea whats happening, no special sound, only a growl from shooting them with the camera, and I setup a photoshoot with juggernaut and wrestler here, they are starting to get impatient 😛

 

I have only played around with it a little and here is what I found.

 

- Each zombie can only have their photo taken once. It has a shutter sound and after that a small impact sound.

- The research table shows nothing but occasionally this appears momentarily. fDGBB5k.png

 

If you tap around at the screen on the left side it seems to trigger the begin action and then the list of Snufkin Zombies appear.

 

20201209034758_1.thumb.jpg.2286c6badab13f634a0feaedc4d9b922.jpg

 

However, it doesn't matter how many Scarecrow characters I take pictures of or eliminate because the research bar isn't changing. It seems that some images and features are partially functional and responsive.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When you take pictures of about 25 of the same character you will hear a sound to recognise your achievement. This sound will continue to play for that character for any further photos taken. I believe this was to be traded in for a buff.

Maybe the issue is where the images are uploaded to for some part, but not all. It will take time to download them all and possibly add them to the mod manually in a resource folder and relink to them from within the XUi files.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...