Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies

Snufkin

14 hours ago, lasse11121 said:

Hi i love this idea of the mod with bosses, but could it be possible to have only 1 boss at horde nights so it gets more special and awesome loot in maybe buff health on them?

1. For the purpose of spawning one boss during a Blood Moon event:

This is possible by manually editing the entitygroups.xml file. There is a long long section at the end which specifically tells the host what to spawn, when to spawn it, and what chance of probability it will have to spawn. For example, in the very first line:

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS1']"><entity name="ZombieArchon" prob="0.1"/>

This tells the host that during a Blood Moon, for Game Stage 1, the Archon character has a probability of about a 1 in 10 chance, in relation to itself and the whole default game list of other zombies, of appearing. You can delete and edit entries in this list to specify which single special zombie you would like to appear.

2. For the purpose of ensuring the selected boss zombie drops special loot:

This is possible by manually editing the entityclasses.xml file. If you look under the <entity_class name="ZombieArchon" extends="zombieWightFeral"> area, there is a property with the following properties.

<property name="LootDropEntityClass" value="EntityLootContainerBoss"/>

<property name="LootDropProb" value="1"/>

The game already appears to feature a loot drop option. In this case, Archon will drop a 'boss' type loot offering at a probability of once (100%) when eliminated. A setting of 0.5 would be 50% of the time.

3. For the purpose of buffing health on the character:

In the same area as for number. 2, but further up, you will see.

<passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="2000"/>

Changing this value allows us to specifically set a character's health.

4. If you are going to buff the character's health you may also want to give players more XP for completing the elimination:

In the same area as for number. 2, and just below you will see.

<property name="ExperienceGain" value="5000"/>

This property can be changed at a level proportional to the increase in health to maintain balance.

If there are any errors in this short instructional, I'm sure other community members will provide corrections.

All the best with your tweaks to customise the settings to your liking.

lasse11121, I definitely agree with arramus about tweaking the settings and doing a bit of experimenting to get the results you want. It can be a lot of fun to change things and see how it impacts the in-game experience, plus with the helpful tips arramus listed above you should be able to modify the zombies into the boss-like experience you're specifically looking for. On our server we've changed the Juggernaut into a real force of destruction who is basically a server-wide raid boss. He can blast through 3+ layers of steel blocks in less than 30 seconds if you're unlucky. He's also capable of one hit melee killing fully decked out steel armor players that have full points in heavy armor. Not to mention his 15,000hp, enormous aggro radius, etc. He gives out 2,500,000xp to whoever takes him down, though as of yet absolutely no one has achieved this feat. 😆 That's what's so awesome about what Snufkin, Slawa, arramus, et al. have built here, since it's based on in-game assets it's super customizable and you can really go all out on some boss scenarios if you want!

10 hours ago, BubbaJoe said:

lasse11121, I definitely agree with arramus about tweaking the settings and doing a bit of experimenting to get the results you want. It can be a lot of fun to change things and see how it impacts the in-game experience, plus with the helpful tips arramus listed above you should be able to modify the zombies into the boss-like experience you're specifically looking for. On our server we've changed the Juggernaut into a real force of destruction who is basically a server-wide raid boss. He can blast through 3+ layers of steel blocks in less than 30 seconds if you're unlucky. He's also capable of one hit melee killing fully decked out steel armor players that have full points in heavy armor. Not to mention his 15,000hp, enormous aggro radius, etc. He gives out 2,500,000xp to whoever takes him down, though as of yet absolutely no one has achieved this feat. 😆 That's what's so awesome about what Snufkin, Slawa, arramus, et al. have built here, since it's based on in-game assets it's super customizable and you can really go all out on some boss scenarios if you want!

Haha Sounds insane XD, we didnt had any changes to the mod, so day 5 horde night, game stage 39, we had like 10 bosses at the same time doesnt really work with lvl 2 hunting rifles :D

12 hours ago, arramus said:

1. For the purpose of spawning one boss during a Blood Moon event:

This is possible by manually editing the entitygroups.xml file. There is a long long section at the end which specifically tells the host what to spawn, when to spawn it, and what chance of probability it will have to spawn. For example, in the very first line:

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS1']"><entity name="ZombieArchon" prob="0.1"/>

This tells the host that during a Blood Moon, for Game Stage 1, the Archon character has a probability of about a 1 in 10 chance, in relation to itself and the whole default game list of other zombies, of appearing. You can delete and edit entries in this list to specify which single special zombie you would like to appear.

2. For the purpose of ensuring the selected boss zombie drops special loot:

This is possible by manually editing the entityclasses.xml file. If you look under the <entity_class name="ZombieArchon" extends="zombieWightFeral"> area, there is a property with the following properties.

<property name="LootDropEntityClass" value="EntityLootContainerBoss"/>

<property name="LootDropProb" value="1"/>

The game already appears to feature a loot drop option. In this case, Archon will drop a 'boss' type loot offering at a probability of once (100%) when eliminated. A setting of 0.5 would be 50% of the time.

3. For the purpose of buffing health on the character:

In the same area as for number. 2, but further up, you will see.

<passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="2000"/>

Changing this value allows us to specifically set a character's health.

4. If you are going to buff the character's health you may also want to give players more XP for completing the elimination:

In the same area as for number. 2, and just below you will see.

<property name="ExperienceGain" value="5000"/>

This property can be changed at a level proportional to the increase in health to maintain balance.

If there are any errors in this short instructional, I'm sure other community members will provide corrections.

All the best with your tweaks to customise the settings to your liking.

This is just what i needed to understand how to change it, thanks a ton.

This mod also changes the normal zombies or?

49 minutes ago, lasse11121 said:

Haha Sounds insane XD, we didnt had any changes to the mod, so day 5 horde night, game stage 39, we had like 10 bosses at the same time doesnt really work with lvl 2 hunting rifles :D

This is just what i needed to understand how to change it, thanks a ton.

This mod also changes the normal zombies or?

The normal zombies will have their own regular default settings based on the standard game files, although there is one more useful action you can take in entitygroups.xml

At the top section, you can see a variety of groups that will spawn in specific biomes during the day and night along with their probabilities.

By using <entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNightHard"> as an example, it's possible to increase the challenge.

For example, change <entity name="ZombieUndertaker" prob="0.01" /> to <entity name="ZombieUndertaker" prob="0.1" /> to increase the chance of spawning from 1 in a 100 to 1 in 10 for its own individual chance of spawning within the parameters of all the other zombies in the list as well.

And to spice things up even more, add <entity name="zombieDemolition" prob="0.3" /> to the bottom of the list and this will allow the Demolisher to pay you more frequent visits during non Blood Moon gameplay. Ya, as BubbaJoe says, tweaking these settings can really mix it up and keep your server regulars content.

I like to drop the BM block damage down to about 75% but increase the probability of hard hitters proportionally so that the base remains about the same while only the players are going to really suffer.

3 hours ago, arramus said:

The normal zombies will have their own regular default settings based on the standard game files, although there is one more useful action you can take in entitygroups.xml

At the top section, you can see a variety of groups that will spawn in specific biomes during the day and night along with their probabilities.

By using <entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNightHard"> as an example, it's possible to increase the challenge.

For example, change <entity name="ZombieUndertaker" prob="0.01" /> to <entity name="ZombieUndertaker" prob="0.1" /> to increase the chance of spawning from 1 in a 100 to 1 in 10 for its own individual chance of spawning within the parameters of all the other zombies in the list as well.

And to spice things up even more, add <entity name="zombieDemolition" prob="0.3" /> to the bottom of the list and this will allow the Demolisher to pay you more frequent visits during non Blood Moon gameplay. Ya, as BubbaJoe says, tweaking these settings can really mix it up and keep your server regulars content.

I like to drop the BM block damage down to about 75% but increase the probability of hard hitters proportionally so that the base remains about the same while only the players are going to really suffer.

Okay i see, i just tried puzzling with the mod, but cant seem to make it work, maybe you could help me? 

i am trying to get only 1 of the bosses spawn on the horde night. so i tried this code: <entity name="zombieScarecrow" prob="1" maxcount="1"/> at gamestage 62 as i was in game. but no bosses showed up everyone else was set to prob=0.

10 hours ago, lasse11121 said:

Okay i see, i just tried puzzling with the mod, but cant seem to make it work, maybe you could help me? 

i am trying to get only 1 of the bosses spawn on the horde night. so i tried this code: <entity name="zombieScarecrow" prob="1" maxcount="1"/> at gamestage 62 as i was in game. but no bosses showed up everyone else was set to prob=0.

Try this one. lasse11121_entitygroups.xml with it renamed to remove your username.

This is just an edit of one I'm testing now with a few deleted in batch using Notepad++ to get just the Scarecrow listing. It covers the whole list of game stages but the default settings related to the GS you're close to look like this:

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS59']"><entity name="zombieScarecrow"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS64']"><entity name="zombieScarecrow"/></append>

Not adding any probability at all gives the Scarecrow a 100% probability of spawning in rotation with the other default zombies for that gamestage. I didn't add a maxcount setting because it is typically taken care of in the spawning.xml or serverconfig.xml (for BM) files for the whole group. I have never attempted to use maxcount="1" in the entitygroups.xml for an individual and your feedback on that will be helpful if it noticably keeps things balanced in case a group of scarecrows overwhelmed the horde numbers. As BM count is based on each individual player it will be good to note if that maxcount="1" applies to everyone or each individual.

5 hours ago, arramus said:

Try this one. lasse11121_entitygroups.xml with it renamed to remove your username.

This is just an edit of one I'm testing now with a few deleted in batch using Notepad++ to get just the Scarecrow listing. It covers the whole list of game stages but the default settings related to the GS you're close to look like this:

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS59']"><entity name="zombieScarecrow"/></append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS64']"><entity name="zombieScarecrow"/></append>

Not adding any probability at all gives the Scarecrow a 100% probability of spawning in rotation with the other default zombies for that gamestage. I didn't add a maxcount setting because it is typically taken care of in the spawning.xml or serverconfig.xml (for BM) files for the whole group. I have never attempted to use maxcount="1" in the entitygroups.xml for an individual and your feedback on that will be helpful if it noticably keeps things balanced in case a group of scarecrows overwhelmed the horde numbers. As BM count is based on each individual player it will be good to note if that maxcount="1" applies to everyone or each individual.

Thanks man!

i still need to understand how GS work, can i only set feralhordestagegs1, gs 30, gs50 etc or do i not get any bosses if say i have gs 26 ingame? and do u write all the stages by hand or do you generate it?

i have testet maxcount in entitygroup and it doesnt work. so now i am trying this in spawning:     

<append xpath="/spawning/entityspawner[@name='NightHorde']">
        <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="yourbossgroup" />
 </append>

but do you have a tag for the all bosses, or how do i create one?

also this respawndelay, what does value 1 means?

Edited by lasse11121 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, sechsterversuch said:

Hello Snufkin a question with the zombie shark comes a lot of red console error messages. Could you help us there? Thank you.

PS: Well you can't do anything in the game and it has to be ended.

shark.jpg

The shark does not work anymore sadly. Wanted sharkboy in my mod too. I have tried with different shark mesh, but nope.  Tip: You do not have to close the game if an zombie has error. You can write in console: killall and the error will stop. Make sure to write it 2 times.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:53 PM, lasse11121 said:

Thanks man!

i still need to understand how GS work, can i only set feralhordestagegs1, gs 30, gs50 etc or do i not get any bosses if say i have gs 26 ingame? and do u write all the stages by hand or do you generate it?

i have testet maxcount in entitygroup and it doesnt work. so now i am trying this in spawning:     

<append xpath="/spawning/entityspawner[@name='NightHorde']">
        <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="yourbossgroup" />
 </append>

but do you have a tag for the all bosses, or how do i create one?

also this respawndelay, what does value 1 means?

GS

I believe Snufkin did a combination of copying over the default from the game and editing it to the mod as it does share the same patterns. Either way, it can be a long and arduous process and I certainly appreciate the base one provided.

You will get a boss even if your GS is not exactly the same as the one in the list. You will get the boss from the GS number that comes just below your personal GS.

An example:

1. GS 22 - Scarecrow (only the Scarecrow from GS 22 to gs 27 but he will appear for 23, 24, 25, 26, and 27)

2. GS 28 - Scarecrow / Archon (both the Scarecrow and Archon from  GS28 to 32)

3. GS 33 - Archon (only Archon from GS 33 to 38 as the Scarecrow takes a tea/coffee break)

4. GS 39 - Scarecrow / Archon / Undertaker (from GS 39 onwards until the next listing is this trio)

However, if a friend suddenly joins you and you battle together as a party, you will see a combined GS group. It is calculated on a few factors and will not just be a combination of your two current GS values added together. It also rounds things down. More on this can be found in the explanation added to the '7 Days To Die\Data\Config\gamesstages.xml' in your default game folder. Regardless of how this works, it makes things more of a challenge to accommodate both players but still keeps a balance.

SPAWNING

Any group you make in the spawning.xml file will require a partner group list in the entitygroups.xml to match conformity. And yes, this entitygroups.xml list will require a complete list of all the Bosses you want to introduce. The tag for the bosses is exactly the same for all other groups in the list with the boss name applied.

Example from Snufkin to show the match:

spawning.xml and its associated entitygroups.xml code for a totally new group made by Snufkin just built for this mod.

<append xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='wasteland']">
  <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNightHard" />
</append>
<append xpath="/entitygroups">
	<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNightHard">
		<entity name="zombieFarmer" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieStripper" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieUtilityWorker" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieNurse" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieSteveCrawler"/>
		<entity name="zombieFatHawaiian" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="ZombieUndertaker" prob="0.01" />
	</entitygroup>
</append>

Based on my experience, respawndelay is the amount of time it takes in seconds for a new zombie to appear after the last one is eliminated. If you set maxcount="2" respawndelay="2.9" then it should follow that 2 bosses/character will always be present and they will respawn every 2.9 seconds to fill the maxcount gap when one is eliminated.

5 hours ago, magejosh said:

Really excited to see these new zombies in action. Just installed them on my server when I went back and noticed the research camera addon in the first post. Is the base mod right above it just the zombie mod i got from github or something else?

The github top top link is for the latest October A19 compatible build. This is just the Custom Zombies 'base mod' without the camera addon.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-CustomZombies-A19.2-b3-2020Oct10

Snufkin's original base mod is here on dropbox and again it is only the Custom Zombies but it isn't the updated version and works on older builds on the game. (April/May 2020)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3jr3t4shjxyg3lr/AACyUpKQQqFv4h-Y2DlHqBR4a?dl=0

The research camera addon was built for Snufkin's original base mod for April/May 2020 and is here.

I haven't tested it on the A19 update from github and if you try it pleeeeeeeeeease share your feedback so we can see how it gets on.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6rzg5q1kmf180j7/AABfe5T0a8cN24ekggVjt8Wea?dl=0

2 hours ago, arramus said:

The github top top link is for the latest October A19 compatible build. This is just the Custom Zombies 'base mod' without the camera addon.

Snufkin's original base mod is here on dropbox and again it is only the Custom Zombies but it isn't the updated version and works on older builds on the game. (April/May 2020)

The research camera addon was built for Snufkin's original base mod for April/May 2020 and is here.

I haven't tested it on the A19 update from github and if you try it pleeeeeeeeeease share your feedback so we can see how it gets on.

2 hours ago, arramus said:

GS

I believe Snufkin did a combination of copying over the default from the game and editing it to the mod as it does share the same patterns. Either way, it can be a long and arduous process and I certainly appreciate the base one provided.

You will get a boss even if your GS is not exactly the same as the one in the list. You will get the boss from the GS number that comes just below your personal GS.

An example:

1. GS 22 - Scarecrow (only the Scarecrow from GS 22 to gs 27 but he will appear for 23, 24, 25, 26, and 27)

2. GS 28 - Scarecrow / Archon (both the Scarecrow and Archon from  GS28 to 32)

3. GS 33 - Archon (only Archon from GS 33 to 38 as the Scarecrow takes a tea/coffee break)

4. GS 39 - Scarecrow / Archon / Undertaker (from GS 39 onwards until the next listing is this trio)

However, if a friend suddenly joins you and you battle together as a party, you will see a combined GS group. It is calculated on a few factors and will not just be a combination of your two current GS values added together. It also rounds things down. More on this can be found in the explanation added to the '7 Days To Die\Data\Config\gamesstages.xml' in your default game folder. Regardless of how this works, it makes things more of a challenge to accommodate both players but still keeps a balance.

SPAWNING

Any group you make in the spawning.xml file will require a partner group list in the entitygroups.xml to match conformity. And yes, this entitygroups.xml list will require a complete list of all the Bosses you want to introduce. The tag for the bosses is exactly the same for all other groups in the list with the boss name applied.

Example from Snufkin to show the match:

spawning.xml and its associated entitygroups.xml code for a totally new group made by Snufkin just built for this mod.

<append xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='wasteland']">
  <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNightHard" />
</append>

<append xpath="/entitygroups">
	<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNightHard">
		<entity name="zombieFarmer" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieStripper" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieUtilityWorker" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieNurse" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieSteveCrawler"/>
		<entity name="zombieFatHawaiian" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="ZombieUndertaker" prob="0.01" />
	</entitygroup>
</append>

Based on my experience, respawndelay is the amount of time it takes in seconds for a new zombie to appear after the last one is eliminated. If you set maxcount="2" respawndelay="2.9" then it should follow that 2 bosses/character will always be present and they will respawn every 2.9 seconds to fill the maxcount gap when one is eliminated.

Thanks a ton again think i now have all i need to get it how i want, if i get it to work maybe i should post a version?

4 hours ago, lasse11121 said:

Thanks a ton again think i now have all i need to get it how i want, if i get it to work maybe i should post a version?

Yes, you will get it working eventually and I think it will be great to post it for everyone to enjoy.

There is a Blood Moon Horde generator linked to in the official xml files but the link is dead. Possibly when the forum changed over to a new format.

This looks to be the new location though and may help automate the process. It is an archived thread for earlier versions (A16-A17) but may still apply.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4137-gamestage-blood-moon-horde-generator/

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

8 hours ago, arramus said:

I will give it a shot soon as i get some time. Tried the one from github for a19.1 last night on my public server and it worked well. Had some conflicts with the server side weapons or vehicles mods so I disabled them, plan to go back through and test that out tonight if i can to figure out which one. Will leave feedback on the relevant thread.

Am 14.10.2020 um 21:01 Uhr sagte Robeloto:

Der Hai funktioniert leider nicht mehr. Wanted Sharkboy in meinem mod auch. Ich habe es mit verschiedenen Hai-Mesh versucht, aber nein. Tipp: Sie müssen das Spiel nicht schließen, wenn ein Zombie einen Fehler hat. Sie können in der Konsole schreiben: killall und der Fehler wird beendet. Achten Sie darauf, es 2 mal zu schreiben.

Das dachte ich, aber für andere Spieler, die es nicht mit dem Killall machen können, funktioniert es nicht. Und ich kann nicht immer auf dem Server sein. Kannst du es nicht einfach herausnehmen?

Was wanting to work on the weapons mod last night but dug deeper into this one instead. Noticed in the entitygroups.xml that the night spawns was missing the scarecrow. Added it in and tested it. Really love this weird little zombie and it's funny death animation wiggle. Thought about lowering the time it takes to despawn but it really is funny and decided to leave it alone. 

The death animation was a mistake but I ended up liking how it looks. Happens because the rag doll is missing the legs. I'm sure it's fixable by defining the legs as ragdoll only, no collision.

----

@arramus I was contacted by the author of MischiefMaker. They wanted to include this mod on the extension. I told them that, while they had my permission, they needed yours too, as you made the restoration.

35 minutes ago, Snufkin said:

The death animation was a mistake but I ended up liking how it looks. Happens because the rag doll is missing the legs. I'm sure it's fixable by defining the legs as ragdoll only, no collision.

----

@arramus I was contacted by the author of MischiefMaker. They wanted to include this mod on the extension. I told them that, while they had my permission, they needed yours too, as you made the restoration.

The scarecrow death animation is superb and causes no server hiccups at all. He can also squeeze through the smaller round upright columns and look like a rotary fan should his animation occur at the right time when eliminated.

Snufkin, for the record, you always have my permission for any choices you wish to make with Snufkin's Server Side Zombies regardless of anything I could assist with in restoring it for A19. I simply appreciated the chance to learn a lot more about xml coding hands on, and also bring it back to the servers to enhance game play.

6 hours ago, Snufkin said:

I concur with arramus, I love the Scarecrow's death animation. We've even had a few instances where it went spiraling up into the sky until it despawned. It's a lot of fun.

@arramusThat's really nice of you. I request I will make: since I'm linking a post on the first page of this thread, please post there any updates/new versions that you release.

9 hours ago, BubbaJoe said:

I concur with arramus, I love the Scarecrow's death animation. We've even had a few instances where it went spiraling up into the sky until it despawned. It's a lot of fun.

The spiraling to the sky was what sold it to me. It was too funny to fix.