Inserted Prefabs only appear as ghosts...

Tried loading in a few prefabs into a RWG that I'm playing, looks like it all went well and I can walk around them in the editor with no problem.

However, when I load the game up 'for real' I only have those prefabs loading as distant terrain. I get close, they vanish and leave me with the default world terrain.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Me and a good friend finally figured this out.

When inserting a prefab into an existing world, you need to do it in a place no other player has discovered so that it loads in first time. Other wise, you will get the POI load as distant terrain, then vanish once you are close enough to it for it to be loaded properly.

If you have placed it somewhere you have already been (like I did) then you will need to re-load the area it is in. Stand in the spot your POI is supposed to be and press F1 to bring up the console. Type "cm" and hit enter. It should (if you are in the right spot) reload the POI according to the edits you made.

Remember when editing the world to save often and not go too far away from the unsaved edits as bits may disappear or get replaced by the original world (which is why I have a mountain in my football stadium...)

Archived