HOW TO WIN (Getting more Zombies in your Game)

Roland

12 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

As a small tidbit of a suggestion, one could also add more challenging types to nighttime spawns for the forest biome. :) I personally add in feral wights, cops, feral cops, soldiers, and feral soldiers, but one could easily add in radiated zombies for the extra scare factor (cops, soldiers, bikers, etc.). Heck, you could gut the entire list and replace it with nothing but rad zombies if you're a masochist.

That's pretty much what happens in Darkness Falls. You at least get radiated zombies, and some ferals, during the very first night of a game.

Ok, so i went in, and changed both the spawn values and the max spawn to 65 for all the wondering hordes in war of the walkers with the fist of the north star modlet. Tons of zombies. tons of beatings, tons of exploding heads. Also added that mod that throws screamers into the mix, so i get the infinite screamer loop. So far the computer has not crashed, and the beatings will continue until morale improves.  Horde night is set to max and it is now a break from things. 

So yeah, looks like changing those variables is the way to go, unless there are some mod shennigans afoot on my end, but regardless i am having the time of my life. 

Edited by SenpaiThatIngnoresYou (see edit history)

Ok further update. I have a darkness falls instance and a war of the walkers instance. i screwed something up with wotw and it scrubbed my fist of the north star mod. I suspect it is not compatible with DMT. further investigation is required. 

So i shame quit and started playing darkness falls. now the XML for that i have configured where the variables are increased for horde spawning, but i left the max size alone. The result? Small hordes. almost as if they are the minimum size. I suspect that the max size has to be increased. 

<gamestage stage="03"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS5" num="65" maxAlive="30" duration="09"/></gamestage>

So this gets me in the darkness falls instance 9 to 15 zombies

<gamestage stage="03"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS5" num="65" maxAlive="65" duration="09"/></gamestage>

This gets me in the war of the walkers instance a hard time. 

I will modify the xml with the darkness falls instance to 100 for max alive, and see what happens. If it stays the same, then it means that my massive battles were the result of an infinite screamer loop. 

My end goal is a game mode i call "hard times" where the horde night is random with now warning, and zombie hordes are big. 

12 hours ago, Roland said:

I believe that 64 zombies is the hard-coded ultimate max number of entities there can be. Changing the number to 65 or 100 probably won't do anything beyond 64 zombies. Of course, if those modders somehow cracked the code to allow more then it might work.

I have a modlet installed with 16x zombie hordes and I can tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there are far more than 64 zombies in these hordes. It's to the point where until I kill off a good 20 or so of them, their AI pathing is a bit wonky.

22 hours ago, Roland said:

I believe that 64 zombies is the hard-coded ultimate max number of entities there can be. Changing the number to 65 or 100 probably won't do anything beyond 64 zombies. Of course, if those modders somehow cracked the code to allow more then it might work.

Hmm.... So 64 entities period, does that count the players, animals or the zombies, or is it just the groups? If it is just 64 per group, then the trick would be to have  a line of code that spawns three hordes in at once, like an n!=3 statement. 

Anyway, started the apocalypse now mod, it plays well with that fist of the north star mod, so i set all the numbers to 64. 

<gamestage stage="03"><spawn group="wanderingHordeStageGS5" num="64" maxAlive="64" duration="09"/></gamestage>

Gonna see what happens now.

Edited by SenpaiThatIngnoresYou (see edit history)

Hi guys,

Frenchie so sorry for my english. 

I'm new on this forum, I play to this game since a couple of weeks and I understand I can mod it to have a unique experience. 

I would like to have random horde, but anytime, like Jawoodle in these videos 

I pasted the files in the video description "Random giant horde Mod" but it doesn't work, I think a file miss. 

It's a Romero Mod part, the random horde works well with Romero Mod but I want just the random horde.

The random part is in block.xml... 

<configs>
<append xpath="/blocks">
<!-- Wandering Horde Config -->
<block name="WHConfigBlock">
<property name="Extends" value="terrDesertGround"/>
<property class="WHConfigLoad">
<property name="Logging" value="false"/>
<!-- This mod generates a random number based on what the user specifies below. WHHoursMin is the minimum value. WHHoursMax is the max value. So WHHoursMin=4 and WHHoursMax=8 means the wandering horde can occur every 4 to 8 hours -->
<property name="WHHoursMin" value="4"/>
<property name="WHHoursMax" value="8"/>
<!-- This mod generates a random number based on what the user specifies below. WHZombiesMin is the minimum value. WHZombiesMax is the max value. So WHZombiesMin=10 and WHZombiesMax=30 means the wandering horde can have 10 to 30 zombies. It is recommended not to exceed 60 as the max zombies for FPS reasons -->
<property name="WHZombiesMin" value="20"/>
<property name="WHZombiesMax" value="50"/>
</property>
</block>
</append>
</configs>

Until I find the solution, I apply your technic, modify maxcount and delay.

So, if you know how work this random horde Mod, thanks to share the solution 😁

Edited by Regaone
Add block.xml code (see edit history)

@Regaone I thnk JaWoodle is using a custom modlet that he (or someone for him) created.  I looked at the first video and it lists the modlet but not available  yet.  The name of it is Random Giant Hordes mod.

Edit: nm, I saw on the last video he has a link for it.  You would need to post your console log to see what errors are occurring for someone to help you

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Regaone said:

The random part is in block.xml... 

<configs>
<append xpath="/blocks">
<!-- Wandering Horde Config -->
<block name="WHConfigBlock">
<property name="Extends" value="terrDesertGround"/>
<property class="WHConfigLoad">
<property name="Logging" value="false"/>
<!-- This mod generates a random number based on what the user specifies below. WHHoursMin is the minimum value. WHHoursMax is the max value. So WHHoursMin=4 and WHHoursMax=8 means the wandering horde can occur every 4 to 8 hours -->
<property name="WHHoursMin" value="4"/>
<property name="WHHoursMax" value="8"/>
<!-- This mod generates a random number based on what the user specifies below. WHZombiesMin is the minimum value. WHZombiesMax is the max value. So WHZombiesMin=10 and WHZombiesMax=30 means the wandering horde can have 10 to 30 zombies. It is recommended not to exceed 60 as the max zombies for FPS reasons -->
<property name="WHZombiesMin" value="20"/>
<property name="WHZombiesMax" value="50"/>
</property>
</block>
</append>
</configs>

Until I find the solution, I apply your technic, modify maxcount and delay.

So, if you know how work this random horde Mod, thanks to share the solution 😁

I looked at it again.  You need to do two things:

One, remove the entity groups in the mod as it calls for a group called animalSpiders.  That is not in the Romero mod, this is a special for JaWoodle so unless you have his exact version, the mod is not going to load properly when it hits this config file.

Second, you need to adjust the values to get random hordes based on your preferences.

Details on what each value does is in the description on that file.

EDIT:  Also note that the mod uses Harmony so you need to make sure you have all the files necessary to run it properly.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

Thanks a lot  BFT2020,

I had remove entitygroups.xml yet

I had keep in config folder : "Block.xml" and "Gamestage.xml" ; in Harmony folder "Harmony-Wandering Horde Frequency.dll" but even I copy/paste all dll from Romero Mod, it doen't work ...

anyway, it's not a big deal ... just in case anyone used this random spawning horde ^^

thx a lot

10 hours ago, Regaone said:

Thanks a lot  BFT2020,

I had remove entitygroups.xml yet

I had keep in config folder : "Block.xml" and "Gamestage.xml" ; in Harmony folder "Harmony-Wandering Horde Frequency.dll" but even I copy/paste all dll from Romero Mod, it doen't work ...

anyway, it's not a big deal ... just in case anyone used this random spawning horde ^^

thx a lot

Heads up, i think the entity count also means animals too, so the more animals you get, the less zombies. I too was inspired by his playthrough to have those massive hordes. But i also have horde nights, with no warning and a random interval... 

• 1 month later...

I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart @Roland this is the best and the most clear steps I’ve ever seen anywhere!!

and I wish I knew this 1000 hr ago !

it is amazing! Just wonderful how this will change my gameplay!!! I needed this! Cities crowded and infested by zombies! So when you want to go scavenge, it really becomes a challenge and makes every bullet count! 

No more dead cities and no souls.. now it’s nightmare time and you better not run out of gas while you passing 100’s of hungry angry zombies muhahahaha and now to test my 12th Gen pc setup lol 

@Rolandyou are the best XD