what is the one thing you want to loot the most when you start?

ElCabong

I try to let the winds decide. I don't want anything in particular. I want each "adventure" to stand on it's own. I horde loot in the beginning and just throw it in a chest if I don't need it right away and mark it on the map. When I get a minibike/motorcycle, I drive around and grab that loot eventually and show it in my stores. There's enough canned food and water, I feel like I don't have to cook right away as long as I keep moving. If anything, a helmet light mod is a big relief and books are a lure that I can't resist.

• 3 weeks later...

I hit up every car in whatever town I find. They usually will give you at least one tool. If I were to have only 1 tool it would be a pickaxe, iron or steel. I hate gathering materials with the stone axe. For one thing, the stone axe takes forever but that isn't even the worst part. You get less materials as you don't get the bonuses. Every time I collect materials with the stone axe that thought keeps going through my head over and over, "I'm losing too damn much by using a stone axe."

If I could pick only one thing, the nerd glasses (based on their rarity) would probably be my pick. For overall utility on day 1 though, I'll take a mining helmet. If I planned to play in a snow biome, that hat is much less important, so maybe a duster or puffer instead.

-Morloc

Who need a fire weapon when you have a club and bow? Who need tools when you have a stone axe? Who need build when you can claim any house for some time?

For me the most precious thing to loot from the start is a COOKING POT, cause it allow me boil water and cook my food to heal and survive.

Archived