which choice would you have made?

ElCabong

I just started a new game. On day two when I visited the traitor, I took a dig quest. I used to avoid those but thanks to the help I got from this board, I do a much better job of digging very near the treasure and those are great for somebody just starting out.

So I get the treasure and my choice of reward was antibiotics or iron gloves. I took the gloves and sold them because I need the money.

Which choice would you have made?

I am on about day 30 in A18b4 and I have yet to take a single antibiotics dose. I've been hit plenty of times, just no infection. IMO you made the right choice. Especially if you're playing cautious in the first few days and not getting into fistfights with the zombies. Pilfer a few medicine cabinets or a Pop-N-Pills and you'll have your antibiotics. And never need them...

Sure doesn't seem like it. IMO infection should be like a 5% chance on each hit. I want to live in constant fear of being infected. Back in A15-ish, I remember a couple of times where I got infected in late evening and was forced to hunt through POIs for medicine cabinets at night even though my low-level self did not really belong outside at night. I did not always find the medicine in time. Felt like a real zombie apocalypse, it did.

Yes it is working. I was infected the day before on day one. Lol

F****** :hororr:buzzards

Hahahaha, well at least it is working a little bit. Maybe the buzzards are more infectious. I've only had a dozen or so buzzard hits, but many dozens of zombie hits I'm sure. I'm the guy who wakes up the whole damn POI by stepping on trash...

I would have taken the antibiotics. I usually melee a lot and I get hit from time to time, also the vultures often get a hit in because I still have problems with their hit boxes. And when playing over the internet on a server there always are moments where a delay **** up my attack which can result in a hit as well. In general it means I get an infection at least once in the first week.

Infection on day 1 led me to raid the only PnP around, the hospital. I was ping ponging between near death and full health but infected. I'd cure the infection, and then be low health, search for more medical supplies, and get infected again. Sucked until I leveled up, and got the passive healing perk, and found a level 2 wooden bow.

I'd have gone with the antibiotics, but that's just me. It's kind of an erratic issue. The game is entirely hit and miss with infections. I've had playthroughs where I couldn't not get infected. Skippy0330 got infected early and then never again. It's an issue that doesn't happen often, but usually when it does it's early game. That's when it's really an issue since you collect gobs of honey and antibiotics which make infections later a non-issue.

I just started a new game. On day two when I visited the traitor, I took a dig quest. I used to avoid those but thanks to the help I got from this board, I do a much better job of digging very near the treasure and those are great for somebody just starting out.

So I get the treasure and my choice of reward was antibiotics or iron gloves. I took the gloves and sold them because I need the money.

Which choice would you have made?

I'd have sold the gloves as well for the money, honey is not that hard to find/get, just chop down tree stumps. Even then it takes a while for it to go from 0.1% to 5% which 5% is what honey can cure, I usually wait till its at about 4-4.5% before i'll even use the honey. There are no symptoms until it hits over.. 15% I think it was?

Now if it was between 5-10 first-aid bandages and those gloves, on day 1-2, i'd take the first-aid bandages without a second though over the gloves, those things are like gold at anypoint in the game... Until you can craft them anyway then their value drops more since you can make your own.

I follow a Priority system for my first few trader quests, I *always* do buried supply quests all thru tier 1 and 2, they are quick, and will set you up with a nice starting point of food/water and also get you a few recipes. Priority is as follows:a Gun (anything but a hunting rifle, Pistol, smg or any shotgun is best) then healing items, then anything else the first few days. Though if something like iron breaker shows up i'll grab that over the other 2. The buried supply quests will get you a decent amount of food, more than enough to survive on the first few game days. I often even do them at night, just need to be ready to nerdpole out of my hole and run like hell from the zombies that spawn when you loot the quest item.

Seriously what am I doing wrong that the zombies won't infect me?!? Am I not good enough for them? Do they not think I would be an effective zombie? I can eat brains as well as anyone, here watch...

Closer to max health you are (including "wounded health") the lower chance of infection, as your considered "healthy". Now if only it worked on bleed because I swear... I get bleeding landed on me pretty much anytime I get hit by anything, its actually more rare that bleed DOESN'T land on me. Supposedly the bleeding chance is 20% or less for most things but they still somehow seem to land it almost everytime I get hit by something. Especially the dogs and wolves and boars.

Archived