Disable zombies from digging?

• 2 weeks later...

Not a modder yet (looking for info to work on my own mod now) but I'd think that if you remove all the block damage in the various "weapons" (items.xml) that the zombies use that would prevent them from doing block damage and thus digging. But they'd still do the action. I'd imagine that to stop them doing any digging task you'd have to mod the actual AI which I think is outside what you can do in a modlet.

I have used a mod called "Zombie Digging Modified" says author is "wp". You could look that one up in mods section.

EDIT:Here are couple I found that might be useful to you...

https://7daystodiemods.com/no-digging-zombies/

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/game-modification/mods/116232-no-digging-z-s

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Picklefart said:

Yea it appears the no digging mod doesn't work. Installed it and they are still digging down. I still want block damage just looking to disable the ability for them to dig down into terrain.

Did you try my one (the second link above) 

In gamidas lost. They do the digging animation but no destroying blocks. 

The first one linked in gamidas has 1 damage per block

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Did you try my one (the second link above) 

In gamidas lost. They do the digging animation but no destroying blocks. 

The first one linked in gamidas has 1 damage per block

I will give that one a try as well, the main situation I'm having is i happen to run alot of forges and normally the screams spawn a massively large group of zombies. So say 30 zombies in a cluster all digging down at the same time. Even 1 block DMG each seem to be still digging a decent bit. I believe as well when zombies are clustered that hit a bonus? Could be wrong, I'll give it a try. So the second mod being your mod you said they don't even do the 1 DMG against ground type blocks?

Edited by Picklefart
Edited few times typing on phone. (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Picklefart said:

I will give that one a try as well, the main situation I'm having is i happen to run alot of forges and normally the screams spawn a massively large group of zombies. So say 30 zombies in a cluster all digging down at the same time. Even 1 block DMG each seem to be still digging a decent bit. I believe as well when zombies are clustered that hit a bonus? Could be wrong, I'll give it a try. So the second mod being your mod you said they don't even do the 1 DMG against ground type blocks?

try the no digging zs found here updated to A19 B163 -

if not i have 2 other zombie modifications that remove total block damage in

zombie modifications no block damage at all, no jumping, no digging, they all drop loot

and

zombie modifications 2 all vanilla except, no block damage no digging no jumping.

• 9 months later...
56 minutes ago, HauntedHaggis said:

Hi,

Regarding the No Digging Zombies mod, it doesn't work. I have removed all mods, even started a new game, went into cheat mode and built a small 5 x 5 containment (from dirt) and the zombies are still going at least 1 damage to it.

Any ideas? 

Thanks.

Answered in my thread.