Food for Thought on Perks and Balancing

Genthro1

Or I'd complain that it was moved to INT rather than AGI which is where I believe it belongs. :laugh:

Actually I am surprised that MasterChef is not in Fortitude. A Fortitude player can harvest meat and crops but doesn't know what to do with them because he can't cook :)

Actually I am surprised that MasterChef is not in Fortitude. A Fortitude player can harvest meat and crops but doesn't know what to do with them because he can't cook :)

Charred meat fills you up easy if you have an endless supply of meat. Nothing in fortidue says it has to taste good :wink-new:

Another useless skill: Lock Picking. It can be removed and integrated inside Lucky Looter, or maybe create a new perk who take it and treasure find.

I find it interesting that you brought up lock picking, If I am not mistaken in earlier editions you use to be able to pick the locked doors, that made this skill very valuable for sneak style builds. I am also uncertain as to why the lock picks take Mechanical parts as for a lot of locks a bobby pin works just fine. I appreciate the addition of skills that are sub par to this discussion thank you.

Note: Doors have never been able to be picked at any time in the game's development. Furthermore, the developers are very resistant to allowing doors to be picked. Lock picks from their inception were always for opening safes.

The perks are changing for A19. At this point the developers aren't going to be interested in changing the A18 versions because that is a dead end. Once you are able to play with the new configuration of perks and see how it feels much of this feedback will have a better chance of gaining traction with the developers than it does from the context of A18.

The perks are changing for A19. At this point the developers aren't going to be interested in changing the A18 versions because that is a dead end. Once you are able to play with the new configuration of perks and see how it feels much of this feedback will have a better chance of gaining traction with the developers than it does from the context of A18.

Appreciate your thoughts, however I would be a fool to believe the developers are not looking at feedback from the current version of the game that people can play. Some of the things that are said may very well be addressed in A19, but there is possibility that something that is given as feedback sparks a idea in the Devs or highlights something they did not think about. Until A19 hits and even after we as players in their world owe it to them to give them feedback on the current build, and even the past builds so they may build a world as best as possible.

Yes, what I posted were just some thoughts I had. I’m glad they are appreciated. Carry on!

My point wasn’t that feedback shouldn’t be given, it was to not expect Alpha 18 to be adjusted further. Alpha 18 is what it is at this point. All changes are now solely going into Alpha 19. A18.4 is the last planned update for Alpha 18.

The attribute trees were designed by madmole so that every attribute has at least one perk in areas like weapons, hit points, looting so that each attribute is somewhat self sufficient. Master Chef is the hit points perk of strength (because eating regenerates hit points) while lucky looter is the loot-oriented perk of percecption.

Now you either have to make a case why this attribute rule should be broken or suggest switching some other perks too to keep this balance.

They should just get rid of calling each perk tree an attribute and go with a build. Strength = Miner Joe, Perception = Mr Sniper, etc. People get too hung up on terminology.

They should just get rid of calling each perk tree an attribute and go with a build. Strength = Miner Joe, Perception = Mr Sniper, etc. People get too hung up on terminology.

Exactly. But madmole says that isn't necessary, the attrbiutes would work well.

SP vs MP balance. If T6 were only craftable, in an SP game you'd get access to very few T6 items, whereas a well balanced MP team would gain access to many.

The way I see it, T6 is a reward for dedicating some points to crafting. Prefer not to? Then T5 weapons are the limit with the caveat that T5 weapons must be powerful enough to handle all game stages. That is, T5 are the top-tier standard weapons, T6 are the hand-crafted artisanal guns that take significant training investment to learn how to make.

Note that my argument is in no way biased due to me typically playing the crafter in our 2-person team. Nope. Completely objective and obviously correct. /s

Archived