Do you Turret cheat? or use any other exploits? Eg cheese ai base strats etc.

Scyris

So much drama for something that has just been introduced and needs some fine tuning as most of the new things do. In a PvE game. Where you could just not use it until the balancing for the game is done properly. Amazing.

I wonder why no one considers the sleepers going back to sleep once you die so you can easily get your backpack back without beeing disturbed cheating. I mean if you consider this cheating, than exactly knowing wich zombie is where and how much of them is even worse....

Also repeating how much someone considers this cheating doesn´t make it true.

I don't use it for that reason. It is not balanced. Using it as is feels like a cheat to me. I guess I just refuse my compromise my "gaming standards" that way.

This stagger effect is overestimated. Run some tests on a Q1 junk turret and a bunch of zombies. You will notice that the Junk Turret doesn't constantly switch between the zombies but keeps on firing at a single zombie until he falls over, is dead or is covered by another zombie. So you can't keep several zombies in check at once with the Junk Turret.

I know they only target one zombie, but the stagger practically disables this one zombie at that firing speed.

And yes, you can't select which one. But since you still have another weapon (melee or ranged) in hand to deal with another one it still means you can handle unskilled one more zombie than previously and skilled often 2 more. It doesn't automatically mean the turret is overpowerded, but in any analysis of the weapons this fact has to be given a value as well.

You get the turret damage on top of the M60 damage. I thought that was obvious. Not sure why you think I was comparing the two...

**I** was comparing the M60 and any other weapon to the turret. And ALL of them are not hindered in any way by your body. And that is why the turrets ability to shoot through you is nothing to write about. .

In other words: The ability of the turret to act in addition to another weapon is an important advantage, its stagger effect is an important advantage, its ability to shoot through you is not. It makes using the turret much easier though.

Using it as is feels like a cheat to me. I guess I just refuse my compromise my "gaming standards" that way.

That is the same exact reason I refuse to nerd pole. However, that will never be removed from the game as it is too useful to too many people. It is just one of those things I have to decide not to do for myself to keep my integrity as a gamer. You probably will have to make the same choice about the turret since instead of nerfing it they have gone and added a junk sledge and a junk drone as tier 1 and tier 3 versions of the soon to be tier 2 junk turret. Happily for you the junk turret will be more rare and easier to ignore as a tier 2 weapon than it has been. Alas, for me, nerd poling is still just a stack of eight wood frames away....

I don't use it for that reason. It is not balanced. Using it as is feels like a cheat to me. I guess I just refuse my compromise my "gaming standards" that way.

You do realize that your main concern is fixed now? It doesn´t shoot trough your character anymore. Just tested this. If you stand in front of it it stops shooting if you are in the line of fire now.

And if you don´t put a lot of points in INT and the perk (you can´t level that perk before INT 6) it isn´t that powerfull. There is no clearing a POI with a turret only when you dont´´t have the perk leveled. Even then it is not just putting it down and letting the turret do the work, because, like said before already, it shooting at one zombie at a time only and doesn´t stop until it´s dead or blocked by another one. And meanwhile other Z´s will go past it.

**I** was comparing the M60 and any other weapon to the turret. And ALL of them are not hindered in any way by your body. And that is why the turrets ability to shoot through you is nothing to write about. .

In other words: The ability of the turret to act in addition to another weapon is an important advantage, its stagger effect is an important advantage, its ability to shoot through you is not. It makes using the turret much easier though.

Go stand in front of a shotgun turret and not get shot. Go stand in front of the 9mm turret and not get shot. They shoot you, the junk turret does not.

Go stand in front of a shotgun turret and not get shot. Go stand in front of the 9mm turret and not get shot. They shoot you, the junk turret does not.

Stand on a mine and it will explode. Lots of examples of stuff that hurts you. But the junk turret counts as a personal weapon, like a pistol, shotgun or sniper rifle. None of them have a mode where they hurt you (even though in real life you could just point the gun at yourself and definitely shoot yourself).

This is just a simplification of the game to make the junk turret usable day to day as a personal weapon for pois etc. If it could shoot you it would be a pita to use for the INT player.

One thing to consider about using the JT is how crappy specializing into INT is. Stun batons and play-wielded JTs don't really compare to other weaponry. I really only spend points there for the bartering stuff until I have a LOT of points.

-Morloc

I usually use my time machine and watch the battle a week ahead watching their every move and then go back and use that data to my advantage. Some would say that's cheating but I say it is just very convenient tool to use on the enemy, I have also been known to put tracking devices on them, yeah its dirty but its a useful tool to use against them as well. If only I could use a host poison to make them weaker and REALLY easy to fight, but alas they are immune to poison, probably because they are not really living creatures to begin with. I thought of just calling in some alien backup and destroying the planet, that'll get 'em for sure it will, those buggers. Any of those bastards get by me it will be a miracle, or maybe a glitch in my time machine data, or a glitch in the matrix in general.

Seriously though, only day 28 and I got my ass kicked. I went through 500 rounds of 7.62 and I had spiders jumping on to my platform over my iron bar guard rail, seems they have greater range in A18. So without my junk turrets and my lone SMG turret my horde defense base would be rubble.

I usually use my time machine and watch the battle a week ahead watching their every move and then go back and use that data to my advantage. Some would say that's cheating but I say it is just very convenient tool to use on the enemy,

That's all very well when it works, but when you skip ahead to watch the battle and see yourself lose it can be a real pain trying to then win without causing a temporal paradox.

My advice is that if you're going to use chronomismatics to determine results you need to keep at least three and a half Quongs of uncertainty at all times to avoid prejudicial predestination.

Stand on a mine and it will explode. Lots of examples of stuff that hurts you. But the junk turret counts as a personal weapon, like a pistol, shotgun or sniper rifle. None of them have a mode where they hurt you (even though in real life you could just point the gun at yourself and definitely shoot yourself).

This is just a simplification of the game to make the junk turret usable day to day as a personal weapon for pois etc. If it could shoot you it would be a pita to use for the INT player.

So you're trying to tell me my buddies shotgun won't shoot me? After all, it's a "personal weapon" also. You're wrong. UNLIKE the junk turret his shotgun will shoot me just fine. Somehow tho the junk turret is the only weapon in the game that will not shoot me if I stand in front of it. A "personal weapon" that fires from the other room? C'mon man, you're really stretching now trying to find a way to explain it away. It's broken, period.

Doesn´t try to explain anything away, as it works like intended now. Why would he want to explain away when it works like it should? Also you might be shocked to hear that you can actually turn off friendly fire. Time for the next rant about something you just could avoid by not using it?

Somehow tho the junk turret is the only weapon in the game that will not shoot me if I stand in front of it. A "personal weapon" that fires from the other room? C'mon man, you're really stretching now trying to find a way to explain it away. It's broken, period.

Correct. Shotgun turrets are technically traps. The junk turret is technically a personal weapon. You can tell this because of the skills you need to make and use them - The junk turret is Intellect's ranged personal weapon (every stat has one) and has its own stat to match, while the shotgun turret requires the same skill to build and use as dart traps and blade traps..

I also understand that you've put so much effort into this argument and stretched so many reasons up to and beyond the breaking point (while criticizing others for it, amusingly) that there's no way you will ever realize that you're not saving us from a giant, you're just tilting at windmills. Ride on, brave knight. Just don't get your lance stuck in the sails.

So you're trying to tell me my buddies shotgun won't shoot me? After all, it's a "personal weapon" also. You're wrong. UNLIKE the junk turret his shotgun will shoot me just fine. Somehow tho the junk turret is the only weapon in the game that will not shoot me if I stand in front of it. A "personal weapon" that fires from the other room? C'mon man, you're really stretching now trying to find a way to explain it away. It's broken, period.

Not on my server. as friendly fire is off. You got a point though, the junk turret should shoot at anything that is not you if pvp is on. But I really thought that was already the case, file a bug report if it doesn't.

Doesn´t try to explain anything away, as it works like intended now. Why would he want to explain away when it works like it should? Also you might be shocked to hear that you can actually turn off friendly fire. Time for the next rant about something you just could avoid by not using it?

But can you turn ON friendly fire on the junk turret? If you are in front of it, and it's firing it should hit you, period. Like any other gun or turret or trap in the game. I don't know where you got the idea that I wanted friendly fire turned off, maybe just reading comprehension is hard for you?

No, it stops shooting if you stand in front of it. I still wonder why this does bother you that much. Don´t like it? Don´t use it. It´s not like this game has a competitive side to it. Yes, PvP exists because people demanded that it stays after beeing released on accident, but it´s clearly not made for PvP.

But can you turn ON friendly fire on the junk turret? If you are in front of it, and it's firing it should hit you, period. Like any other gun or turret or trap in the game. I don't know where you got the idea that I wanted friendly fire turned off, maybe just reading comprehension is hard for you?

I can give that compliment back, where did I say that you wanted friendly fire off?

EDIT: Damn, I'm guilty as not charged that my reading comprehension wasn't up to the task. Thanks, pApA^LeGBa for the correction

That's all very well when it works, but when you skip ahead to watch the battle and see yourself lose it can be a real pain trying to then win without causing a temporal paradox.

My advice is that if you're going to use chronomismatics to determine results you need to keep at least three and a half Quongs of uncertainty at all times to avoid prejudicial predestination.

Yeah, paradox is always something that will exist as well and the idea that when you see something you can never un-see it. I would really never want to see 1 minute into the future anyway, its not a good idea really.

As far as the difficulty of the recent bloodmoons I have chosen to go turret and trap crazy on my next temp base. The usual spike traps are almost useless now, so starting with a dual concrete base floor to keep the demolishers from blowing massive holes in my base floor, a row of 48 blade traps along the concrete floor (thanks to a guy on YouTube for that idea), a row of 20 dart traps about head high, about 20 turrets, spike traps on the walls and the inside protected with bars to keep the birds and the spiders at bay. I was a bit over-confident that bloodmoons would be easier in A18 so it kind of upset my pride, I kind of felt like an idiot actually.

I still keep the tower base thing going and I have no idea how the tunnel thing works really, I mean I have seen videos of course but the idea never caught with me. I like to go to and all 4 sides and shoot over the railings being in the action, so I may never try any other way.

@meganoth He was talking to me.

@JCrook1028 I never said you want friendly fire gone. I suggested that this could be your next rant, because it´s unrealistic in the same way like a junk turret shooting trough your body. Talking about reading comprehension. Maybe read that post again?

And yes, if friendly fire is on, the junkt turrets does shoot everyone in front of it. Except yourself, it stops if you are in the line of fire.

As long as we have zombies which can, with their bare hands, burrow through reinforced concrete and steel within seconds, I will continue to have ZERO qualms about using turrets, however OP they seem to be.

Other things too, like pit base and loops. It's not cheating - zombies breaking through rock and stone with their fleshy appendages is the real cheating. I just respond in kind.

Archived