steamclient.so not found?

imbalimba420

Hello,

I've got a problem with my 7d2d server. It started , but it gives me this error:

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

dlopen failed trying to load:

steamclient.so

with error:

steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.

The steamclient.so does exist in the main 7d2d server folder.

I've found this: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

Unable to locate a running instance of Steam

You may get the following error when starting a server with Linux:

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.dll.

Resolve the issue by linking steamclient.so to the ~/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so directory:

ln -s steamcmd/linux32/steamclient.so ~/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so

^^^^^

Should I still copy linux32/steamclient.so, because my startup file looks like this:

./7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -configfile=serverconfig.xml -logfile logs/output_log.txt $@

output_log: https://pastebin.com/tyAk6urt

and if I'm supposed to use steamcmd/linux32/steamclient.so , and create a shortcut to here: /home/steamcmd/steam/sdk32

or where am I supposed to link the steamclient.so file?

At /home/steamcmd/steam/sdk32 there are no files, I just created that folder and linked the shortcut using

Thanks in advance :)

The steamclient.so in your 7d2d directory or the one in steamcmd/linux32/ (if there is one) should be ones you can use AFAIK. Essentially 7D2D just needs to find the lib, so linking to anywhere it looks for libs should be fine

I know that /usr/lib/ is definitely looked into for libraries, so you might try that. Maybe ~/.steam/sdk32/ as target works too, maybe try that too. You can't really break something serious short term if you make the library findable in a few more places.

The last person I gave this advice to got a different error message though about "Too many levels of symbolic links". I suspect he failed at creating the right link and made it refer to itself, i.e. he made an endless loop. Make sure you use absolute paths for the source file when you are linking. i.e. "ln -s /home/[insert the right path]/steamcmd/linux32/steamclient.so ...", not "ln -s steamcmd/linux32/steamclient.so ..."

(If you want to use relative paths instead you would probably need to cd to the exact same directory that the executable is when it is started and then create a relative link from there.)

If my advice isn't working you could try linking without the "-s". Or remove the link again and try something else.

I'm refering to this thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?156232-Starting-up-a-new-dedicated-server-fresh-install-crashes-upon-starting . He eventually solved it by using LGSM

Thanks for your quick response. I fixed my problem by linking the file without an "-s".

Server is online.

Now I wanted to import an existing savegame to my server. But there is no "saves" folder in the 7d2d folder.

What I did is simply create a folder called "saves" and put there my savegamefolder called "Nitro8k" in this case.

wiQjaab.png

Edited the serverconfig.xml:

<property name="GameWorld" value="Nitro8k"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="asdf"/>

<property name="WorldGenSize" value="♥8192‬"/>

<property name="GameName" value="Nitro8k"/>

But now the server does not start anymore.

Logs: https://pastebin.com/WabNev1N

Archived