Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ChrisWoodward

ChrisWoodward

Adding more information

I have attempted to add a sniper rifle to the game. The pink mesh was standing up on its nose, so I scaled and positioned accordingly. I exported the .unity3d file.

The path is Mods>My Rifle Attempt>resources>the unity file

What is happening is I'm getting the object not set to reference of an object error. I am also getting the error that says there is no transform called "Attachments".

I did create an empty object for the prefab. I went back after the first round of errors and created another empty object called "Attachments" and added that to the prefab to store the scope. The scope is the only attachment. I am just trying to get the gun in the game and rotated properly. I was going to start with that and then add attachments and whatnot.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong at this point.

It does show up in the game. I just used a tinted icon from the regular sniper rifle in the game. When I try to pull it out, I get the error. The player is holding an invisible gun that does nothing.

<item name="SniperRifle_SS">
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="gunRifleT3SniperRifle"/>
            <property name="CustomIconTint" value="#50C878"/>
            <property name="Tags" value="weapon,ranged,holdBreathAiming,reloadPenalty,gun,barrelAttachments,sideAttachments,smallTopAttachments,mediumTopAttachments,largeTopAttachments,stock,magazine,firingMode,bottomAttachments,attPerception,perkDeadEye,attachmentsIncluded,canHaveCosmetic,rifleSkill"/>
            <property name="DisplayType" value="rangedGun"/>
            <property name="HoldType" value="77"/>
            <property name="Meshfile" value="#@modfolder:Resources/SniperRifle_SS.unity3d?SniperRifle_SS"/>

Maybe the path for my Mesh file is incorrect? I got this from another mod that added an axe to the game and just tried the path, so it is likely my own fault, but I'm not sure how to do this at all.

Edit:

I also tried this:

<property name="Meshfile" value="#@/Mods/My Rifle Attempt/resources/SniperRifle_SS.unity3d"/>

ChrisWoodward

ChrisWoodward

I have attempted to add a sniper rifle to the game. The pink mesh was standing up on its nose, so I scaled and positioned accordingly. I exported the .unity3d file.

The path is Mods>My Rifle Attempt>resources>the unity file

What is happening is I'm getting the object not set to reference of an object error. I am also getting the error that says there is no transform called "Attachments".

I did create an empty object for the prefab. I went back after the first round of errors and created another empty object called "Attachments" and added that to the prefab to store the scope. The scope is the only attachment. I am just trying to get the gun in the game and rotated properly. I was going to start with that and then add attachments and whatnot.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong at this point.

It does show up in the game. I just used a tinted icon from the regular sniper rifle in the game. When I try to pull it out, I get the error. The player is holding an invisible gun that does nothing.

<item name="SniperRifle_SS">
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="gunRifleT3SniperRifle"/>
            <property name="CustomIconTint" value="#50C878"/>
            <property name="Tags" value="weapon,ranged,holdBreathAiming,reloadPenalty,gun,barrelAttachments,sideAttachments,smallTopAttachments,mediumTopAttachments,largeTopAttachments,stock,magazine,firingMode,bottomAttachments,attPerception,perkDeadEye,attachmentsIncluded,canHaveCosmetic,rifleSkill"/>
            <property name="DisplayType" value="rangedGun"/>
            <property name="HoldType" value="77"/>
            <property name="Meshfile" value="#@modfolder:Resources/SniperRifle_SS.unity3d?SniperRifle_SS"/>

Maybe the path for my Mesh file is incorrect? I got this from another mod that added an axe to the game and just tried the path, so it is likely my own fault, but I'm not sure how to do this at all.