When did you start playing the game?

Roland

When did you start playing the game?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. When did you start playing the game?

I remember i was watching some youtubers playing the game solo and in groups, a time when i watched many different games, widening my interests. Thought it was one of the coolest concepts for a game and wanted to check how i do in it.

Bought the game a couple months in and started my own adventures, strictly on random A14 (or A15) maps. Started using mods in A16, as well as the first playthrough of Navezgane in late A16. Tweaked my configs in A17 for the first time and played more mods, especially the more hardcore ones.

I can't say i'm a hardcore player, nor that i had very long playthroughs, but been in the game for a few years now :)

Was watching gamingonlinux group play the game. Looked interesting.

The more I watched, the more interesting (and hilarious) it got.

Then they invited me to join the silliness if I got the game.

Bought it, joined them, and an epic get my ass outta the desert run began.

(I was clueless on what to do)

That was Feb 2018. 2522hrs later, not so clueless (in game. IRL.. well...) ;)

I am kinda new. A friend bought it for me in the beginning of 2017 promising I would like it. First look was like meh and I was of course skeptical, but after a little while I started to absolutely love it. I got addicted and played as much as I could the whole year. I started out playing the vanilla version, then I tested out Spiders True Survival, which I really liked. One of the funniest thing in this game is to mod it to your taste and create stuff.

Was watching gamingonlinux group play the game. Looked interesting.

The more I watched, the more interesting (and hilarious) it got.

Then they invited me to join the silliness if I got the game.

Bought it, joined them, and an epic get my ass outta the desert run began.

(I was clueless on what to do)

That was Feb 2018. 2522hrs later, not so clueless (in game. IRL.. well...) ;)

Damn, that is insane! You have so much more hours than me. I have only 1608 hours and I started out a year before you. xD

I only just bought and started playing the game today... I swear. :p

Ignore the Original Survivor Kickstarter logo below my name, that doesn't mean anything.

It seriously doesn't mean a thing. I am a kickstarter supporter too, but I ignored the game for the first years. I started playing with A15.

It seriously doesn't mean a thing. I am a kickstarter supporter too, but I ignored the game for the first years. I started playing with A15.

All you have to do is show me proof of your kickstarter participation and I can fix you up with one of those meaningless things too. The badge is for kickstarter supporters not whether you stood by Aslan at the dawn of the forums. :)

No one will believe you as a kickstarter unless we see that "meaningless" badge as anyone can make that claim. It's why it exists in the first place.

No one will believe you as a kickstarter unless we see that "meaningless" badge as anyone can make that claim. It's why it exists in the first place.

For my point it still is meaningless, because if you had done the same as me, you would have to klick on A15 as well to answer truthfully, irrespective of whether you are a backer since aeons or not.

But to be allowed to sit at King Arthurs backer table, I'l make the effort now :cocksure:

I started playing around Alpha 14 and have been hooked ever since. Sure there were times where I hated the game mechanics and swore to never play again, but something about the game always calls me back. Then theres modding... now thats my forte and where I spend most of my time with 7 Days. Trying new mods from the community and manipulating xmls for world generation is great fun to me... yeah, yeah coding is boring most would say but I find it exciting when you finally get everything to work together perfectlly.

Now that I have a new PC (XMAS GIFT FOR SELF) this game runs like a wet dream and Im having so much fun playing even, not just modding.

Cheers

I started playing around Alpha 14 and have been hooked ever since. Sure there were times where I hated the game mechanics and swore to never play again, but something about the game always calls me back. Then theres modding... now thats my forte and where I spend most of my time with 7 Days. Trying new mods from the community and manipulating xmls for world generation is great fun to me... yeah, yeah coding is boring most would say but I find it exciting when you finally get everything to work together perfectlly.

Now that I have a new PC (XMAS GIFT FOR SELF) this game runs like a wet dream and Im having so much fun playing even, not just modding.

Cheers

Hand this guy a beer. Early Access is all about the journey not the destination.

I'm always a little nervous of the journey because I've seen far too many abandoned early access games over the years. Luckily for me, I was able to avoid most of them, but there's always a few that sneak by and grab my money (and steam couldn't care less about refunds no matter the circumstances). So for me, I can't wait for the day this game finally gets it's ass into beta and starts focusing on optimizations and stops pointlessly changing game features all the time because Alpha 100 just doesn't sound appealing to me. Though, obviously there's no denying that I got more than my money's worth with this game over the years, in spite all the issues that took place.

It is interesting to see the make up of our forums thus far with 66 responders. I believe that this game's development has three distinctive eras.

Alpha 1-10:

The game was just purely survival and exploration. There was zero xp or tool or player progression. You just built bases, explored, mined, collected loot and killed zombies. PVP worked the best during this era and the game felt the most like a sandbox because the structure was so basic and there were no RPG elements involved. Alpha 10 was the culmination of this era and is well remembered and loved.

Alpha 11-16:

The game started adding progression of tools and weapons in Alpha 11. Over the next alphas different ways of progressing the quality of gear and eventually the player character as well were experimented with. Passive progression of gear stats and player skills (LBD) was a key feature of this era. This era culminated in Alpha 16 which is well remembered and loved.

Alpha 17 - Present:

The game added more RPG elements. Zombie behavior was changed drastically. LBD was dropped as a design choice and a point economy was chosen for player progression. The current era is dominated by a "Push to Gold" attitude from the developers that includes heavy emphasis on streamlining gameplay, polishing existing features and assets, and optimizing performance.

----------------

I'm glad to have been able to witness all these changes. Not every change has resonated with me well but watching the progress of it all is what I signed up for and I'm glad I have memories of each era.

It is interesting to see the make up of our forums thus far with 66 responders. I believe that this game's development has three distinctive eras.

Alpha 1-10:

The game was just purely survival and exploration. There was zero xp or tool or player progression. You just built bases, explored, mined, collected loot and killed zombies. PVP worked the best during this era and the game felt the most like a sandbox because the structure was so basic and there were no RPG elements involved. Alpha 10 was the culmination of this era and is well remembered and loved.

Alpha 11-16:

The game started adding progression of tools and weapons in Alpha 11. Over the next alphas different ways of progressing the quality of gear and eventually the player character as well were experimented with. Passive progression of gear stats and player skills (LBD) was a key feature of this era. This era culminated in Alpha 16 which is well remembered and loved.

Alpha 17 - Present:

The game added more RPG elements. Zombie behavior was changed drastically. LBD was dropped as a design choice and a point economy was chosen for player progression. The current era is dominated by a "Push to Gold" attitude from the developers that includes heavy emphasis on streamlining gameplay, polishing existing features and assets, and optimizing performance.

----------------

I'm glad to have been able to witness all these changes. Not every change has resonated with me well but watching the progress of it all is what I signed up for and I'm glad I have memories of each era.

Agreed, though if you consider some of the larger core game changes, you might set it up more like this...

Alpha 1-9

Alpha 10-14.4

Alpha 14.5-16

Alpha 17-18

I might have something more serious going on here.

But i remember it well.

not sure what server i joined but me and a longtime friend bought the game.

we ran around and it became night.

he was trying to build a wooden block or door or hatch lol.

all i know is i was scared ♥♥♥♥tless lol as zombies were trying to kill us and we had no light at all.

dark and scary place in a attic they broke part of the floor and we died multiple times just running around trying to not die lol.

after that i was hooked and i rented my first game server from ping perfect.

and i am still here 5 years later.

i heard of the outside. but i don't entertain that, youtube knows all.

p.s yes i really have that many screen shots lol

and i started alpha 9.

1852336850_RipLif.jpg.a5b3604bf7b1043647326d030cc35018.jpg

Archived