Trader needs to updated for Co-op.

Guest phearfactor

Guest phearfactor

Really annoying and a time waste that the NPC traders can't have more than one person looking at his inventory.

Yes, I understand why it is done that way. Still needs to change.

So I see two options:

Make it so each player has it's own Trader inventory list so they can access the trader without waiting for someone to be finished. Or... have the same list and update live with each player buying and selling at the same time.

Ironically, each player already DOES have their own personal list at a trader and you still cannot access trader inventory at the same time as your buddy.

Wait wat? Possibly our server is misconfigured or we are both hallucinating, but when me and my friend are in co-op we always see exactly the same list of items, even down to stuff we've sold into the trader's inventory. I.e. I sell two iron picks and he will then see the two iron picks for sale. Likewise we will both see the Bunker Buster mod in trader's inventory, but if he buys it I won't see it when I talk to the trader.

Is it supposed to be independent lists?

I have no idea, but we definitely get independent lists of items for sale. We always have done. It's a royal pain in the behind in A18 to be honest because we buy a lot more things from the trader than we ever did in previous alphas (books, mods, AP ammo etc). He has to look through his trader inventory, buy what we need, give me all the Dukes then wait while I look through my list. Takes longer than we'd like.

We play on a standard co-op private server with little mods (we only tweak vehicle speeds and zombie spawn rates).

Guest Baratan
Me and my wife always play coop and we have ALWAYS had the same list. If I sell something it shows up on hers. If I buy something it is removed from hers. Been this way since traders were added.

Same experience here. It's possible for one player with a gyrocopter to hit all the traders and buy all of the good stuff as soon as they reset before anyone else has a chance.

I assure you ours is different. We are at a stage where we have 8 traders on our map so we are each doing ~16 quests per day (2 each from each trader, flying around in gyros flitting from quest -> quest -> trader -> etc depending on what's next nearest). We are also at the point where we are filling in the skill books we do not have, as we have about 60% of them all. We are having to read each other the list of books on sale to us at each trader, while we each check if we need that book. We absolutely, positively, have different lists of books available for sale to each of us.

Can not agree, we also always had the same lists. Maybe different prices, because of the players better barter skills... and one may access the secret stash because of the skill and others don't but the items offered are exactly the same.

That applies to vanilla without any mods. Maybe you are using some Mods?

BTT: It's the same why only one person can open any inventory at a time, no matter if it is a trader, a storage crate in your base or a pile of garbage you want to loot.

If players could open the same inventory at the same time, there has to be a realtime sync between each player that has the inventory opened. If player 1 takes one item from the stash it has to vanish immediately also from the view of player 2. Otherwise that would open ways for item duplication or in worstcase cause bugs where items even vanish.

Some other games do such stuff... 7d2d seems not to do it. But it is not simple "allow players to open inventories simultanously", because it is not just disabled because of "because". There is a technical limitation why it is not possible.

I run a dedicated server on my LAN for 2 players. The trader's inventory is identical for both of us. I know because we fight over who gets the ammo. :p

However, to the OP's point, ARK and Minecraft allow multiple players to use storage chests simultaneously. I imagine a trader would work similarly.

we are each doing ~16 quests per day (2 each from each trader, flying around in gyros flitting from quest -> quest -> trader -> etc depending on what's next nearest).

A) that sounds fun; I look forward to getting gyros in our game

We absolutely, positively, have different lists of books available for sale to each of us.

B) But how u do that tho? Are you a wizard?

Dude who cares, just wait for your friend to stop looking at the trader. Funny enough you shouldn't buy anything from the trader anyway. Most of his stock is things you'll come across naturally and the cash is much better spent making ammo for horde night.

Most of his stock is things you'll come across naturally

Yeah, of course. But when?

Last game i completed my sniper books on day 90... by buying the last needed book from the trader

For our INT-Player we haven't found the 4x4 chassis book for a long time. So around day 60 we bought a 4x4 from the trader. Of course two days later we found the skillbook (and then even two of them in the same POI).

So yes, basically everything (except the secret stash items) you can buy from a trader can be found naturally. But there is no guarante to ever find one specific item. So better buy them from a trader if he has some and you can afford it, then searching days or weeks for a book and still not find it. Woudn't waste for books you never need, but if you play e.g. a sniper build and the trader has a sniper book you haven't read yet -> instabuy.

Buying books from the trader is nothing. I almost always do that, unless it's a book i really doubt i'll use it.

Compare 1k to 1.5k coins to 40-60k for the best vehicles. On the other hand, crafting and selling vehicles seems like a valid tactic to get rich...

I've come with a different resolution concerning buying things from a trader, with the prime example being BRASS, as it's required the most and hardest to find (i don't like smelting coins for brass, at least so far ;) ).

When you have problems obtaining BRASS there are a few ways to work around the problem:

1. Dismantle cars hoping to get radiators. The number of cars is finite and they don't provide as many as needed. Also, it' very useful if you have Salvage Operations (don't know for sure if it pimps up the chance to obtain the radiator or not).

2. Go through every trash bag you can find. There is a small chance of finding Brass Knobs/Cups inside. An alternative is to raid homes seeking Brass Faucets, but they are rare and more often than not you'll find Iron ones.

3. Buy any Brass items, as well as Bullet Case you can find. Sadly they come in rare and in small quantities.

4. Buy any bullets you can find. Considering they don't cost as much as some high tier weapons, just start making big money by crafting some things and sell them for profit. Worst part is, you'll have a surplus of various types of ammo, but surely will find the type that interest you the most.

SO! Buying ammo is an additional way for obtaining it, not using the precious BRASS, especially considering you could buy advanced types (if they are on sale), which you can't craft yet. That's how i got a lot of 9mm AP ammo ;)

I modded radiators into refrigerators and ice machines. That has helped, though I'm still not sure if we'll have enough 7.62 for horde night. We don't even have any SMG turrets yet so the big ammo suck is still in our future. Co-op partner refuses to let me smelt coins.

My friends and I always have the same list with the exception of the final panel on the right. Those have always been personalized.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't understand how so many folks have brass deficiencies. There are so many ways to get brass if you know what you're looking for. In addition to the list above, there are books that allow you to harvest brass from standard home doors, but you can also harvest brass from household radiators.

My friends and I always have the same list with the exception of the final panel on the right. Those have always been personalized.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't understand how so many folks have brass deficiencies. There are so many ways to get brass if you know what you're looking for. In addition to the list above, there are books that allow you to harvest brass from standard home doors, but you can also harvest brass from household radiators.

I am yet to encounter that book to obtain doorknobs from doors and i'm mostly hunting cars for radiators (household ventilators and air conditioning machines also, but that only after clearing each POI, not available everywhere). As much as i don't have an abundance of Brass, i think i have enough for now, although i expect the usage to go up with further HN, even though i plan making my arena riddled with traps.

Archived