Catering to New Players hurts Replayability for Experienced Players

stallionsden

I'm honestly just reading this thread, sipping my tea, really amused at all the people speaking for the vets who hate the game now.

As someone who started playing in A9 or A10 and who likes the game more with each iteration... y'know. Suck it. You don't speak for all of us.

I'm honestly reading it, sipping my coffee, really amused at people getting cought up in that word "all". I wouldn't even know where the "all old timers" was used only once. Wasn't it just so that "all new players" was used once..? 'Bout time to get over that one bloody hyperbole.

And I don't hate the game now. Didn't read everything, but I also never saw anybody say they "hate" the game now. It has lost it's replay value. Why not for you?

I'm honestly reading it, sipping my coffee, really amused at people getting cought up in that word "all". I wouldn't even know where the "all old timers" was used only once. Wasn't it just so that "all new players" was used once..? 'Bout time to get over that one bloody hyperbole.

And I don't hate the game now. Didn't read everything, but I also never saw anybody say they "hate" the game now. It has lost it's replay value. Why not for you?

I hated 17. I really don't like 18. So, improvement?

You like things more simple, I assume..? :-P

"All" is really just a hyperbole, not every word one leaves on the internet is well thoughtout, particularly when a text is written with a bit of passion.

Then again, and think about that for a moment, it's also a fact, that it's the or one of the head developer's who wants to "simplify" the game. One could interpret that as him thinking that "all" new players want a game that is much easier than what we had for the past ten years. Another hyperbole, I don't know the exact length of development so far.

Not at all, it's just the truth, if you only played since A17 or later, you really don't know what you missed.

Because what you missed is considered even better than what you consider hearting awesome right now. Even better. Why would you not want something that is even better?

But you don't know what you're missing. No offense.

That's very great, now imagine a game, that is EVEN BETTER than this. That is so damn good, that people who have played it say what we have now has no replay value. That's nothing you're even remotely interested in?

But this game did not loose excitement and the thrill, before the devs significantly changed the mechanics. That is how good it was. You have no idea, trust me, I have 1,500 posts.

No hearts this time since I was told not to. What a hypocrite you are! Here I am a new member of your community and you treat me like I'm a moron. You criticize others for attacking and making people look foolish but its all you do at least in this thread. I have nothing to say to you after this. The forum had some kind of technical difficulty and I had to try several times before getting registered. I like complex games. Your just a bully. I didn't agree to be a part of it.

I don't care about what you think I missed. I like what I'm playing now and that is fine by me. Your burned out on the game. Just admit it. Even if those old features were still in and had never been changed you would still be bored by this time. Its common sense.

And I'm out. Go ahead and take the last word to mock me some more. Back to lurking for me and continue replaying 7 Days to Die. I'm way way past 5 minutes and haven't loaded any mods and it is great fun. I won't say most are like me but I do wonder who else is like me but I don't blame them for not coming to this forum to say it!

Do you think Cardio is essential for normal melee combat or for "oh ♥♥♥♥" moments to run away?

If the former, players specializing in ranged combat get a free pass. Stealth players don't need much stamina at all. I haven't tested a heavy-armor-standing-around-in-doorways-and-hitting-everything-that-dares-approach-build yet, but it seems in "normal" difficulty settings at least you can only be seriously harmed if the zombies surround you.

If the latter, there are other ways in the game to get out of "oh ♥♥♥♥" moments. Like setting up a safety turret behind, good stealth or a safety gun with an always full magazine. Someone not doing (much) melee also has no need for Cardio since he can always use his full stamina budget for running. Maximum distance one needs is usually to where the bike is parked.

PS: Just for the thread title: https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/4/1742226629864818804/ . :cocksure:

Parkour is also good for escaping. Better than running even it could be argued. Just jump up on a roof.

No hearts this time since I was told not to. What a hypocrite you are! Here I am a new member of your community and you treat me like I'm a moron. You criticize others for attacking and making people look foolish but its all you do at least in this thread. I have nothing to say to you after this. The forum had some kind of technical difficulty and I had to try several times before getting registered. I like complex games. Your just a bully. I didn't agree to be a part of it.

I don't care about what you think I missed. I like what I'm playing now and that is fine by me. Your burned out on the game. Just admit it. Even if those old features were still in and had never been changed you would still be bored by this time. Its common sense.

And I'm out. Go ahead and take the last word to mock me some more. Back to lurking for me and continue replaying 7 Days to Die. I'm way way past 5 minutes and haven't loaded any mods and it is great fun so stallionsden is smoking something. I won't say most are like me like he likes to claim but I do wonder who else is like me but I don't blame them for not coming to this forum to say it!

Gotta love ppl who behave HYPERAGGRESSIVE but get a quadruple heart attack when they're slightly teased. :miserable:

Just want to point 3 stuff as what I consider myself : a new player.

Grid for building stuff (minecraft-like I guess ?) is not interesting. It's fun the first hour when you try stuff and ...that's all; afterward you know what is what and it's just time consuming in a bad way (my opinion). I much prefer to increase the time needed to make something as it was previously pointed by someone and even get a fight modifier which increase the amount of time required if in a combat situation.

For the recipes already there even if you don't know it ? I would like it to be hided : recipe still showing but not the stuff needed to build it. You need to get the skill-points or the book to see what are the components.

LBD: The concept is interesting but : you can increase your tool-crafting ability, get a skill-point and spend it in snipers. I'm sometimes using this in Skyrim : get a healer companion, find an enemy, put my back against a wall, raise my shield, go do other stuff IRL; come back later with shield, light armor and heavy armor at max; use all skill-points to increase my enchanting skills or whatever i want. I think it was the 'sit on a cactus and bandage yourself' version here ? Not really interesting :/

Actually MM said they don't want to bring it back LBD and some minors twerks are coming. The actual system is pretty good for me, books, recipes, skill-points and you can even don't use them if you want :D. Not that immersive but good in a gameplay perspective so ... Ok I guess ?

Last point is if I understand correctly : older player (1000+) almost know the map and POI to a point where they can explore a building eyes closed ? Seems pretty normal for me. Need more randomization ? Seems very good even for new players. Is it time consuming for the devs ? Don't know. But I prefer a functional house over something strange randomly done with holes in it. I'm looking at you RWG and your strange mountains/lakes.

See ya !

All your saying here is you cheese the game

Which is dumb, and any game is cheesable

You can’t constantly change development goals because the people playing the most are vocal about how they exploit your game

I'm honestly just reading this thread, sipping my tea, really amused at all the people speaking for the vets who hate the game now.

As someone who started playing in A9 or A10 and who likes the game more with each iteration... y'know. Suck it. You don't speak for all of us.

Need to learn to read lol.

And I'm out. Go ahead and take the last word to mock me some more. Back to lurking for me and continue replaying 7 Days to Die. I'm way way past 5 minutes and haven't loaded any mods and it is great fun so stallionsden is smoking something. I won't say most are like me like he likes to claim but I do wonder who else is like me but I don't blame them for not coming to this forum to say it!

Signed up to the forum first time no issues.. maybe the forum need some lights to guide and hold your hand thru the process to make it easy..

No one here is a hypocrite. Altho you seem to post something then say that's all your gonna say make fun of you if we want but that's all your saying. Then come back and post another and say again your not.

Apart from the stupid names this thread has gotten. Which has led to some people getting butthurt with what those who say the game has lost its replayability and excitement factors etc inc myself and all the people i have spoken to whom dont play the game anymore more cause its lost that are simply stating our views on improving the game even more and bringing back the game replayability. not because we are burned out which we arent.

Now since ya obviously can not fathom any understanding of the "all the long timers i speak to from facebook to steam chat" let me make it real simple for you to process.... it means ALL the long timers i speak to on steam facebook and other chatting services that have been here a long time and dont play cause the game has become boring not replayable and lost its way with all changes of directions etc.

It does not mean every long timers in the world that play this game. But keep twisting that part all you like lol. But also others have come on and stated to so it proves its not just me or i making it up. But you can only comment on a18 but thats ok its a simple game for you is probably why you like it.

Your talking alot of made up stuff again a game can be replayable and replayable no matter how many hours you have in a game there are games out there that dont allow modding and you can replay alot of hours and not get bored. Some People who have 1000s hrs on 7 dtd have played vanilla and enjoyed it til a17/a18 fact.

Now i dont smoke anything other then ciggies so again making false claims and dribbling bs to make yourself look like your important lol..

But again i dont really think you get it...

HOLY ♥♥♥♥!!!!

I don't normally chime in like this.

@stallionsden

I think it is time you took a long break from playing 7 days to die.

after a few pages in trying to read and catch up with everything.

all i see is a whiny person trying to get his vision done for him.

i didn;t get through all of it but it all sounds the same to me.

take a break seriously.....

we see this thread every single alpha.

If you are not happy with the state of the game JUST QUIT.

Why does everyone have to cater to you?

why should the game be for you and you only?

Next you will be saying how much of a waste of money it was.

just take a break.

That's my nickle.

I think this conversation is getting into the realm of shouting match and everything that can be said has been said. Whether you are an old timer who is unhappy with the direction of the game, an old timer who is happy with the direction of the game, or a new player who is happy with what you purchased-- we will all have to agree to disagree on those points that seem beyond our ability to gain consensus.

Let's take a breather from this and participate in lighter topics that won't dissolve into arguments. I believe the devs know how Old timers feel and it will be up to them whether they decide to follow fan suggestions or not.

Go kiss a significant other.

Archived