[Docker] 7 days to die Server - Stable/Experimental

Hi,

I have created a docker image where u can:

• Install server
  • Start server (if server isnt installed will be auto-installed)
  • Update server to stable, latest_experimental or any other alpha
  • Backup WHOLE server
  • Monitor server (if server goes down will start up again and notify if u have alerts activated)
  • Alert if server is update or goes down

The docker image is using LinuxGSM script to do everything.

I have created an image because all the other images I saw where confusing and the documentation was a mess, that is why I have created proper documentation at Github where I explain what everything does and I have some examples.

The image is avaliable at Docker HUB and the source is at Github.

I hope you guys enjoy the image and give me some feedback/errors if you find anything.

If you want to check the documentation click HERE.

Edited by vinanrra (see edit history)
  • Like 3
docker image is cool, like java))) we use it a lot in development. Could you update the image to 18 latest experimental? than I can give it a try! Just a plain vanilla version.

It's using LGSM. You can install any version you want by adjusting START_MODE.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/23/2020 at 6:43 AM, TheSeanminator said:

I've upgraded mine to 16gb tho and it runs minecraft perfectly

I'd like to give it a try.

I have  just installed this on my upgraded NAS also, DS 918+ 8GB ram and 2 x 1TB NVMe drives. 

I have not got it to run yet as i am new to Docker and Linux commands =( I had to change the start mode from 0 to 1 in the Docker file as it kept crashing after installing. 

I would love a guide on this and how to run the command line of things if any one has a link please.

Thank you very much Vinanrra for the Docker image!!

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2021 at 6:26 AM, hellhole said:

I have  just installed this on my upgraded NAS also, DS 918+ 8GB ram and 2 x 1TB NVMe drives. 

I have not got it to run yet as i am new to Docker and Linux commands =( I had to change the start mode from 0 to 1 in the Docker file as it kept crashing after installing. 

I would love a guide on this and how to run the command line of things if any one has a link please.

Thank you very much Vinanrra for the Docker image!!

Hi, first sorry for the late reply.

I have updated the Docker and fixed some errors introduced by steam changes, now should be working perfectly, because I'm using myself the image right now, and I will add some new features and improvements when I have enough time because I'm working and studying, for the guide, just follow the read me, I think that everything it's explained there, if you need further help just post it here and I will try to help, but please be more detailed about where you want help.

Have a nice day :)

Update:

Added auto-install for Alloc Fixes.

Added clean stop for Docker signal?

Updated Linux gsm scripts.

Edited by vinanrra (see edit history)