Gopher's Modlets (NOT AN ALL IN ONE PACK!)

Gopher_01

Quick side note: Please disregard all previous mod posts of mine as all my mods are now listed here...

If this post makes no sense at all, please let me know...... :p

Just a suggestion to help cleanup your links, and present your mods/modlets.

*To get the actual table format just reply with quote to look how its built.*

[table=width: 600, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]Mod Name[/td]

[td]Link[/td]

[td]Short Description[/td]

[td]Credits[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]"Mod name here"[/td]

[td]"Link here"[/td]

[td]"Short Desc here"[/td]

[td]"your name here"[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Once you get the template down it is ez-pz to add more to expand it. ;)

Maybe also get a file distribution deal, like git, onedrive, dropbox, etc., just makes it easier than using the forums version.

FYI: As far as I know, the Mods website only hosts "links" and pics that point to other places ( like this forum, github, gitlab, nexusmods, etc) where you've stored your code/files. I like it as its a really nice place to showcase your mods if you fill out the forms (once you've stored your mod on a place like mentioned.

Mod Upload Page: https://7daystodiemods.com/mod-upload/ (No file uploads. Only mod submission form. The title of the page causes some misunderstandings. Soon we may change the title.) This page will always be there if anyone wants to use it.

FYI: As far as I know, the Mods website only hosts "links" and pics that point to other places ( like this forum, github, gitlab, nexusmods, etc) where you've stored your code/files. I like it as its a really nice place to showcase your mods if you fill out the forms (once you've stored your mod on a place like mentioned.

Yes you are correct on that ...my bad and I read it as 'Mod Upload' so is a confusing title on the site :(

Ragsy !!

I don't mind altering my mod "BETTER PERKS: LUCKY LOOTER". But at least give credits. Even the // are still in the XML (without any use this time, because you just removed the "Lucky Looter Revamped"). You even just replaced <Claymore> with <Gopher> and rewrite the Localization.txt. Not a good start, buddy. It took my quite a long time to figure out the correct values for my mod. And this is the reason, why I'm a bit upset about a copycat move.

Proof:

"Your" XML:

<Gopher>
//
<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkLuckyLooter']/effect_group">
<passive_effect name="LootDropProb" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value="6.67,33.33"/>
</append>
</Gopher>

My XML:

<Claymore>
// Lucky Looter Revamped
<passive_effect name="LootDropProb" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value="6.67,33.33"/>
<passive_effect name="LootQuantity" operation="perc_add" level="2,5" value="1,4"/>
</append>
</Claymore>

I don't mind altering my mod "BETTER PERKS: LUCKY LOOTER". But at least give credits. Even the // are still in the XML (without any use this time, because you just removed the "Lucky Looter Revamped"). You even just replaced <Claymore> with <Gopher> and rewrite the Localization.txt. Not a good start, buddy. It took my quite a long time to figure out the correct values for my mod. And this is the reason, why I'm a bit upset about a copycat move.

Proof:

"Your" XML:

<Gopher>
//
</append>
</Gopher>

My XML:

<Claymore>
// Lucky Looter Revamped
<passive_effect name="LootQuantity" operation="perc_add" level="2,5" value="1,4"/>
</append>
</Claymore>

Sorry about that, please accept my apologies - I got the mod files from a friend who wanted me to mod the mod for their server, but I wasn't sure who made the mod (I wasn't sure if Claymore was actually your name or if it was some kind of thing to avoid the mod breaking vanilla game stuff), until just now.

Your name has been added to the Credits on the mod-list for said mod.

Re-did the Zombie Drops mod. It's also renamed to the "Increased Bag Drops Mod".

EDIT: Right, it seems the edit I did doesn't work. Turns out I had the old version of my Increased Zed Bags Drops still in my mods folder when testing. So far it seems as if the one Claymore made is the only one that works.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if It's because I am over-writing the default Lucky Looter. I suppose the main goal is to only have the loot bags drop probability increase, not the amount of loot you get. I say this because I tested Claymore's Better Perks Lucky Looter mod, and in my honest opinion, the 5x loot multiplier that comes with this mod is way too OP - you can easily get over 6000 ammo by day 3, and 3000+ among other things such as Forged Iron/Steel, not to mention the Canned Food you find. With JaxTeller718's Microwave mod, you can practically live off of Canned Food and never have to hunt. I suppose it could seem that this small little edit turned in to somewhat of a rant/complaint, but it was never intended to be one.

With that being said, it is up to Claymore if he allows me to, technically, copy his mod and rip out the 5x loot part. If he says no/nothing, there will be no Increased Bag Drops Mod.

More Cooked Foods mod update!

Adds some Chinese food and more.

More foods coming soon!

OH, and I need feedback: How would you (the part of the community that uses mods) suggest I add Milk in to the mod? I'm trying to have everything use already in-game stuff for this. I suppose what i could do is add it so when you kill a Doe for example, you get milk when you harvest said Doe? I don't really like that concept, so your feedback is greatly appreciated!`

More Cooked Foods mod update!

Adds Milk, and Watermelon. Also Thumbs (Like Tums, but it's an Antacid regardless, helps with the new Heartburn buff that I have on some of my spicy foods)

For right now you need to find Milk in fridges, etc, or shoot a Doe and get it that way..... I know I know the way I'm doing it right now is just asinine but it's the only way it will work right now.

I Couldn't make the rocket boots so I looked to see why and you didn't have a progression.xml. So I made one. I couldn't find the proper militaryarmor string, so I instead used the urban combat volume 1, which lets you craft stealth boots. So when you find that book it now also lets you make these rocket boots. I then added an "unlockedby" value to the items.xml. Here is the code I used for reference so you can add a progression file and edit your item.xml or you can use this code.

Progression.xml

<rocketboots>

<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkUrbanCombatLanding']/effect_group">
       <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1" value="1" tags="rocketBootsMod"/>
</append>

</rocketboots>

items.xml

<configs>
<append xpath="/items">

<item name="rocketBootsMod">
<property name="Extends" value="armorMilitaryBoots"/>
<property name="Tags" value="lowerbody,feet,armor,armorFeet,lightArmor,lightArmorPenalty,canHaveCosmetic,lightArmorDeg"/>
<property name="EquipSlot" value="Feet"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="armorMilitaryBoots"/> 
<property name="CustomIconTint" value="247,85,15"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="rocketBootsModDesc"/>
<property name="EconomicValue" value="100000"/>
<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkUrbanCombatLanding"/>
<effect_group>
	<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="6"/>
	<passive_effect name="PhysicalDamageResist" operation="base_add" value="5"/>
	<passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="600,1000" tier="1,6"/>
	<passive_effect name="DegradationPerUse" operation="base_set" value="5"/>

<passive_effect name="JumpStrength" operation="perc_add" value="1.2"/>
	<passive_effect name="StaminaLoss" operation="perc_add" value="-.75" tags="jumping"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddBuff" buff="buffDontBreakMyLeg"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffDontBreakMyLeg"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfJump" action="PlaySound" sound="m136_fire" play_in_head="false"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfJump" action="AddBuff" buff="buffRocketBootsAirborne"/>
</effect_group>
<property class="UMA">
	<property name="Mesh" value="armor_kevlar_boots"/>
	<property name="Overlay0" value="armor_kevlar_boots"/>
	<property name="Layer" value="0"/>
	<property name="UISlot" value="Footwear"/>
</property>
</item>

I Couldn't make the rocket boots so I looked to see why and you didn't have a progression.xml. So I made one. I couldn't find the proper militaryarmor string, so I instead used the urban combat volume 1, which lets you craft stealth boots. So when you find that book it now also lets you make these rocket boots. I then added an "unlockedby" value to the items.xml. Here is the code I used for reference so you can add a progression file and edit your item.xml or you can use this code.

Progression.xml

<rocketboots>

<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkUrbanCombatLanding']/effect_group">
       <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1" value="1" tags="rocketBootsMod"/>
</append>

</rocketboots>

items.xml

<configs>
<append xpath="/items">

<item name="rocketBootsMod">
<property name="Extends" value="armorMilitaryBoots"/>
<property name="Tags" value="lowerbody,feet,armor,armorFeet,lightArmor,lightArmorPenalty,canHaveCosmetic,lightArmorDeg"/>
<property name="EquipSlot" value="Feet"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="armorMilitaryBoots"/> 
<property name="CustomIconTint" value="247,85,15"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="rocketBootsModDesc"/>
<property name="EconomicValue" value="100000"/>
<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkUrbanCombatLanding"/>
<effect_group>
	<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="6"/>
	<passive_effect name="PhysicalDamageResist" operation="base_add" value="5"/>
	<passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="600,1000" tier="1,6"/>
	<passive_effect name="DegradationPerUse" operation="base_set" value="5"/>

<passive_effect name="JumpStrength" operation="perc_add" value="1.2"/>
	<passive_effect name="StaminaLoss" operation="perc_add" value="-.75" tags="jumping"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="AddBuff" buff="buffDontBreakMyLeg"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStop" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffDontBreakMyLeg"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfJump" action="PlaySound" sound="m136_fire" play_in_head="false"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfJump" action="AddBuff" buff="buffRocketBootsAirborne"/>
</effect_group>
<property class="UMA">
	<property name="Mesh" value="armor_kevlar_boots"/>
	<property name="Overlay0" value="armor_kevlar_boots"/>
	<property name="Layer" value="0"/>
	<property name="UISlot" value="Footwear"/>
</property>
</item>

Hi @thatloopydude!

I'll update the mod once I get the chance. Thanks for letting me know about this!

• 2 months later...

Archived