Game FPS Stuck at 30FPS

Zyamaia

I'm not sure why I have a 30 fps cap on my game. My specs are as follows:

Intel Core I5 - 9400F

16gigs ram

Nvidia GEForce 1660Ti

I've tried adjust my game settings to no avail. LOL unless of course I have been adjusting the wrong settings which is entirely possible.

Go in the nvidia control panal and find the profile you have for 7d2d or global profile. Make sure that verticle sync is not on half refresh rate. Just click verticle sync and nvidia control panal will explain it.

Note do not mirror the setting showed in pics below. they are jsut to show u were the option is located.

Annotation-2020-01-26-100050.pngAnnotation-2020-01-26-100026.png

If you are still having issue report back and I'll do some research to find out other possible causes.

FYI its best to post this kinda thing in general support as you will get better help.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?68-General-Support

We have something similar on one of our identical systems here.. one system gets 50+ fps (except horde nights) and the other only 30 +-.

Makes no sense at all, and I'm not sure which exp version caused the issue, because when we first installed a18 on both systems performance was identical.

Not a voxel game. Comparison is invalid.

<snip>

Not invalid. I asked her to check in order to eliminate other possible causes of her FPS being locked only for 7 Days to Die. wether a game is voxel or not has nothing to do with frames per second being locked at 30 at all. Had other games been effected I would have started troubleshooting in another direction, such as screen capturing software and stuff of that nature that could lock it. The fact other games are not locked to 30fps has helped narrow down the possible cause. I'm sure you only read the last 1 or 2 posts so you did not get the full context of why she stated tha. Next time you go and read before you decide to just belittle a person here on this forum. :)

@Zyamaia

I apologize on his behalf for that Zyamaia , that was just a misunderstanding on his part. He is smart and can probably help you so don't lose hope in finding a solution to this issue. :)

Here is the link for the information SylendThunder is asking for.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?37912-IMPORTANT-Please-Read-Before-Creating-New-Threads&p=389512&viewfull=1#post389512

You know, every day someone says "well I can get 60 FPS on GTA_V, but only get 10 on 7 Days", and it's a completely irrelevant comparison. The other game isn't even a voxel game, much less 3D. It has nowhere near the same hardware requirements, and any comparison for it is utterly useless when comparing it to 7 Days. You can play Ark with full settings on a pre-i3 pentium chip with 6GB RAM and a 1060, and get 60 FPS. Try to play 7 Days on that and you'll be lucky to get to the main menu.

It hasn't narrowed down anything.

This is even outlined in exquisite detail in the Sticky FAQ.

@SylenThunder

Do you understand the issue is LOCKED at 30 fps no matter what, locked. We are not talking about max fps she gets in the game due to lack of hardware. We are talking about it being locked. I do not know how to explain it any easier than that. PS the game she used for comparision is not 2d. I have no idea what in the world you are talking about by saying conan exiles is barely 3d but ok, sure.

READ very very carefully and stop belittling dude.

Annotation-2020-01-27-175201.png

@SylenThunder

Do you understand the issue is LOCKED at 30 fps no matter what, locked. We are not talking about max fps she gets in the game due to lack of hardware. We are talking about it being locked. I do not know how to explain it any easier than that.

READ very very carefully and stop belittling dude.

Annotation-2020-01-27-175201.png

You already covered a possible reason for it locked at 30 in the 4th post. Then you proceeded to lead them on a pointless endeavour.

I'm not belittling anyone, I'm just stating facts. If you're going to get all bent about it, go somewhere else.

I'd love to be able to help this person, but until they provide the requested information, you're just beating a dead horse. So knock it off.

You already covered a possible reason for it locked at 30 in the 4th post. Then you proceeded to lead them on a pointless endeavour.

I'm not belittling anyone, I'm just stating facts. If you're going to get all bent about it, go somewhere else.

I'd love to be able to help this person, but until they provide the requested information, you're just beating a dead horse. So knock it off.

WOW... nice. Have a nice day I have better things to do than to get in to a pissing match with you brotha.

I'm not sure why I have a 30 fps cap on my game. My specs are as follows:

Intel Core I5 - 9400F

16gigs ram

Nvidia GEForce 1660Ti

I've tried adjust my game settings to no avail. LOL unless of course I have been adjusting the wrong settings which is entirely possible.

@Zyamaia

I have another possible cause for your locked FPS! This is something that was added to nvidia control panel not long ago so it never came to mind until just now. Make sure that "Max FPS" is not set to 30 in the global profile or if you use a custom game profile. see pic.

help.png

EDIT: I just noticed I kept referring to you as "she" I apologize if you are not female. I was also helping a couple of other people around the same time SylendThunder and I was talking and one of those people was a female so it was still fresh in my mind. It can be hard to keep track of everyone at the same time. Again I am so sorry if you are not a female, I did not mean to mix you up with the other person in regards to gender. :02.47-tranquillity:

Has this issue not been resolved yet? It's just a v-sync issue (either in game settings or in Nvidia control panel or in monitor settings). Disable it and move on. Don't know why there's 2 pages worth of discussion over it.

Has this issue not been resolved yet? It's just a v-sync issue (either in game settings or in Nvidia control panel or in monitor settings). Disable it and move on. Don't know why there's 2 pages worth of discussion over it.

We tried all those already. 1 page is basically SylenThunder and I lol. My very first thoughts was v-sync...Still waiting to hear back if its that new option nvidia added that caps max fps. Fingers crossed that when Zyamaia updated the drivers it automatically set it to 30 for the 7dtd profile in nvidia and thats all it is. Same thing happen to me when that update was first released.

Archived