Dev Diary arguing

beerfly

What would I use from my house as a club? A crowbar would be my first grab right off the wall. Then maybe a long framing hammer with the claws cut down/baseball bat (have wood and alum)/lawnmower blade with handle cut into one end/axe handle/shovel with handle cut and blade cut down in size.

What I wouldn't use is a iron bar with all those gears on the end. Maybe one hunk of metal out there but not multiples making it too head heavy as it is.

Yeh i def wouldnt

1. Use a sledge hammer by the time ya swing it ya be bitten by zs.

2. Waste time looking for things to make a club out of lol. Knife from kitchen an axe and hammer be easy to grab

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who thinks that art alone will keep a game in the top seller category needs their head examined.

Agreed

Pretty sure the art comment just means getting everything up to standard with everything else. Setting up workflows and whatnot.

Not that art is the only thing, but it is important. This game has certainly been showing its age as new things have been added. Only makes sense to rework the more glaring items. Just because you were okay with the original club doesn't mean TFP was okay with it.

Regarding #Clubgate:

Stop throwing a fit guys.

Lets test it when A19 goes EXP and then give our Feedback in the A19 Feedback Thread regarding balance, comparsion between Baseball Bat and Club etc etc etc.

Everytime MM shows us something new or (admittiatly drastic) changed, you guys go on a ragefit. Probably Hundreds are content and happy and dont bother to write positive Feedback, but 10 Fellas who miss the Alpha 1 Club stay into memory. this isnt encouraging MM and other Staff to appear and share neat little things with us.

This is why we cant have nice things.

Regarding #Clubgate:

Lets test it when A19 goes EXP and then give our Feedback in the A19 Feedback Thread regarding balance, comparsion between Baseball Bat and Club etc etc etc.

Everytime MM shows us something new or (admittiatly drastic) changed, you guys go on a ragefit. Probably Hundreds are content and happy and dont bother to write positive Feedback, but 10 Fellas who miss the Alpha 1 Club stay into memory. this isnt encouraging MM and other Staff to appear and share neat little things with us.

Exactly, that was perfectly stated minus the very last sentence! Although, MM is an alpha male so I doubt the negative things most say has an affect upon that man.

giphy.gif

Regarding #Clubgate:

So What those that dont like something are spose to just pay money for game and sit here quiet lol.

Those that like it are ok to say so but those that dont cant lol...

I will mod it out easily... no worries but i not gonna shut up cause a few people disagree with my statement and like the fallout stuff. I will voice my views and opinions and dislikes as i Do with the stuff i like.... sorry not sorry....

So What those that dont like something are spose to just pay money for game and sit here quiet lol.

Those that like it are ok to say so but those that dont cant lol...

I will mod it out easily... no worries but i not gonna shut up cause a few people disagree with my statement and like the fallout stuff. I will voice my views and opinions and dislikes as i Do with the stuff i like.... sorry not sorry....

I do not think that's what he means. Some people tend to rush to judgement prematurely. Everyone is welcome to give there opinions. If someone does decide to rush to judgement premturely and give there opinions, it just makes that persons future voiced opinions have less value and weight....IMO :)

Note that is not saying everyone that had a negative opinion regarding the iron club is a result of premature judgement. Personally some of the opinions gave I agree with and some, well you can tell is just people speaking negatively for the sake of being a negative nancy.

I do not think that's what he means. Some people tend to rush to judgement prematurely. Everyone is welcome to give there opinions. If someone does decide to rush to judgement premturely and give there opinions, it just makes that persons future voiced opinions have less value and weight....IMO

Note that is not saying everyone that had a negative opinion regarding the iron club is a result of premature judgement. Personally some of the opinions gave I agree with and some, well you can tell is just people speaking negatively for the sake of being a negative nancy.

In other words, criticizing something that hasn't come out or been implemented yet isn't wrong in general, as long as you understand what you are talking about and have something constructive to say about it.

In other words, criticizing something that hasn't come out or been implemented yet isn't wrong in general, as long as you understand what you are talking about and have something constructive to say about it.

I understand i looked at the pic thought nope gave my opinion. Has nothing to do with not accepting change or its not creative. Its me going that looks horrid.

Guppys fur stated "Everytime MM shows us something new or (admittiatly drastic) changed, you guys go on a ragefit. Probably Hundreds are content and happy and dont bother to write positive Feedback, but 10 Fellas who miss the Alpha 1 Club stay into memory. this isnt encouraging MM and other Staff to appear and share neat little things with us."

Re read. Everytime mm shows something new or (adnittedly drastic) changed we go into ragequit... thats to do with cause people dont like it they apparently cant handle change....lol simply those who like it dont think its ok for others to voice their opinions or dislikes. Got nothing to do with change all to do with one not liking it lol.

Emighy_lupin went straight for that people cant handle change bs line mm agreed with him simply cause people didnt like the club.

If it looked better and not out of place and actually agree with another user like a art piece maybe would have liked it.

Anyone who thinks that art alone will keep a game in the top seller category needs their head examined.

unless its Art game (not sure thats a thing but)

yeah thats kinda dumb, im fine with the new art but if theirs something wrong ill point it out and maybe draw something out to show how i would like it. but its their game. If they want to Add a Exo Suit zombie that its stronger then god, fine. ill disagree or talk about what to change however thats game play. Art is subjective some people would want something more Makeshift , some want persistent and something its just fine. but im a Sucker For makeshift Art style like Madmax , Fallout , metro and other's so i may be a bit bias

I understand i looked at the pic thought nope gave my opinion. Has nothing to do with not accepting change or its not creative. Its me going that looks horrid.

Guppys fur stated "Everytime MM shows us something new or (admittiatly drastic) changed, you guys go on a ragefit. Probably Hundreds are content and happy and dont bother to write positive Feedback, but 10 Fellas who miss the Alpha 1 Club stay into memory. this isnt encouraging MM and other Staff to appear and share neat little things with us."

Re read. Everytime mm shows something new or (adnittedly drastic) changed we go into ragequit... thats to do with cause people dont like it they apparently cant handle change....lol simply those who like it dont think its ok for others to voice their opinions or dislikes. Got nothing to do with change all to do with one not liking it lol.

Emighy_lupin went straight for that people cant handle change bs line mm agreed with him simply cause people didnt like the club.

If it looked better and not out of place and actually agree with another user like a art piece maybe would have liked it.

I agree that If you don't like something aesthetically, it's not because you don't like change, it's simply because you don't like something aesthetically.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about the club. But CBA to comment or go full art appraiser on it, because 1) none will read my wall of text and 2) I am much more interested in them improving the game's mechanics.

Just a comment to TFP, which I kept repeating since A1 and applied to the giant bees as well: If you choose to follow a Fallout-ish theme, you have to either go all out, or not go for it at all.

I agree that If you don't like something aesthetically, it's not because you don't like change, it's simply because you don't like something aesthetically.

I was going to respond to stallionsden but I decided to sit back and see if you would say the same thing I wanted to. You said exactly what I was going to say! lol I'm so glad I waited because you word stuff so much better than I do.

Agreed, there is nothing wrong at all with those who gave an opinion regarding the look of the iron club. Everyone has there own taste as to what they find aesthetically pleasing.

I was going to respond to stallionsden but I decided to sit back and see if you would say the same thing I wanted to. You said exactly what I was going to say! lol I'm so glad I waited because you word stuff so much better than I do.

Agreed, there is nothing wrong at all with those who gave an opinion regarding the look of the iron club. Everyone has there own taste as to what they find aesthetically pleasing.

Haha, cheers! :)

At the end of the day, none of this matters anyway. Enjoy what you can, now.

hmmm....*jaw drops open*... In the end, you have said that which is the most wise statement concerning this foolish matter. I give you many many props. :)

As the old saying goes...

"There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after."

Never hunt with shotguns.

I have tried hunting with a shotgun and it proved more trouble than it was worth.

The problem is that it both kills and destroys the carcass. Less carcass, less meat and other things that could have been harvested.

I almost destroyed a rabbit. There was hardly anything left to harvest and that is with only one shot.

I shot a vulture with it and I thought that I missed because it was still coming at me. So I shot again. The whole bird simply disintegrated and there was nothing left to harvest. lol

On the other hand, they are great for clearing lite objects out of your path and knocking down (if not killing outright) groups of zombies.

Shotguns. The hand cannon.

I feel like shotguns need more spread by default. You can stand 20 blocks back from a building and almost always only hit one block when you fire. At that range it would be better if it hit more of a 2x2 area of blocks.

Conditions:

I just went and tested both shotguns without any mods as well as with applicable mods from 3 different distances and with normal shotgun ammo. I fired the shotguns once for every test I did. The maximum distance I stood was 20 blocks away.

Results:

Only the double barral shotgun could reach 19 blocks in my test, 20 if counting the block I was standing on. Surprisingly you are 100% correct about the shotgun spread. Regardless of which shotgun you use or what mods are installed it does not spread more than 1 block, thats weird and makes no sense imo. I agree, it should have more spread or at the very least the mod (I forget the name already) that increases spread should increase spread more. :(

I wonder if this is by design or a possible bug. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: *thinking* I should have fired 5 shots for each test I did instead of 1 shot in order to get a more accurate results. Still though I'll stand by this test as being accurate enough for this discussion. :/

If anyone knows this is incorrect, please correct me.

I feel like shotguns need more spread by default. You can stand 20 blocks back from a building and almost always only hit one block when you fire. At that range it would be better if it hit more of a 2x2 area of blocks.

thats cuz its buckshot. if it was birdshot it would be weaker but more spread (cuz its used to hunt birds)

Archived