Doughs modlets

doughphunghus

On 1/25/2021 at 8:50 PM, Gnasher3i6 said:

Hi.

I tried using the "MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" But it doesn't work.

It doesn't throw any errors out but my forge's still cap at 30k, I've had a look at the code but I don't know how to fix it.

I'm currently on A19.2 and have tried some other MeanCloud mods from this thread and edited them to my liking/Added recipes but I have no idea how to fix this one.

Does this conflict with "khaines-modlets-a19-master-KHA19-3SlotForge"? Just remembered I have that installed.

And thanks for you're Mods and for updating MeanCloud's mods.

@Gnasher3i6: I ramped up the bellows with a manual change and the forge smelted > 30k iron. (see 2 images below) It might be hard to see, but the first one is like 60k and the second one > 150k.

I have both mods installed "MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" and "khaines-modlets-a19-master-KHA19-3SlotForge" installed and no other mods.

My guess is maybe the "MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" is not taking effect somehow.  Are you playing the game via a server with friends or just on your personal PC (single player game)?

One way to validate the mod loads is to hit "F1" when starting the game/map and there will be information going by that indicates its loading the mod ( and the others you have). Sometimes it will throw warnings/errors and indicate a mod could not be loaded, or there is a conflict.

Another way is to go into the save game area if your game, and validate the "MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" mod is changing the unit_iron value to 1000000,

Go into your save game folder [some path on Windows]/7DaysToDie/Saves/[your_saves_game_map_name]/[your_save_game_name]/ConfigsDump/items.xml

and search for:

<item name="unit_iron">

In that little XML part there should be a commented line that indicates it was modified by "MeanCloud's Forges Hold 1M", and a value of 1000000.  If the line is not ther, and the value is 30000, then the mod isn't' loading

<item name="unit_iron">
	<property name="HoldType" value="45" />
	<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sackPrefab.prefab" />
	<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab" />
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceScrapIron" />
	<property name="Material" value="Mmetal" />
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="1000000"><!--Attribute "value" replaced by: "MeanCloud's Forges Hold 1M"--></property>
	<property name="Weight" value="1" />
	<property name="Group" value="Resources" />
	<property name="ResourceUnit" value="true" />
	<property name="MeltTimePerUnit" value=".25" /> <!-- forge smelting time -->
	<property name="UserHidden" value="true" />
	<property name="CraftingIngredientTime" value=".5" />
	<property name="CreativeMode" value="None" />
</item>

Alternatively, maybe there is some other mod commented in there?

Let me know if you still have issues.

20210127171258_1.thumb.jpg.223622f22c1dcd2a14aab10df0cde84e.jpg20210127171448_1.thumb.jpg.f453612e4491e9bc1bf895a8822d47f5.jpg

On 12/18/2020 at 7:53 AM, Briston574 said:

Probably a lot to ask, but I am curious if you can tell me of any of these mods are server side only? 

@Briston574: All of my mods now have a note if they are server side safe or not ( or maybe its unknown/untested/or a weird enough setting I'm not comfortable saying it is unless I get positive feedback it works serer side.)

4 hours ago, Zyocuh said:

For the buff infection mod, is there a way you could make it so you have 100% change getting effect on hit?

Maybe?  I gave it a quick look and its not super clear how to do this (the infection debuff is handled differently than other injury buffs, multiple variables and some math). So it likely would *not* be a simple 1 line modlet to "set infection to 1" (a more knowledgeable modder may be able to come up with a way?).

The "buff infection" mod may have a weird bug in it (mentioned in previous posts) that I need to fix. When I can get it fixed (validate it was a bug), I'll see if I can come up with a mod to make infection chances higher (and not mess up the other injury chances) and it will be separate from the buff infection mod so you load both or just 1.

I've added your request to my Github issues page for my mods, FYI, so I'll remember ;)  I don't have a lot of modding time right now but hopefully soon.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

@Gnasher3i6: I ramped up the bellows with a manual change and the forge smelted > 30k iron. (see 2 images below) It might be hard to see, but the first one is like 60k and the second one > 150k.

I have both mods installed "MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" and "khaines-modlets-a19-master-KHA19-3SlotForge" installed and no other mods.

My guess is maybe the "MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" is not taking effect somehow.  Are you playing the game via a server with friends or just on your personal PC (single player game)?

One way to validate the mod loads is to hit "F1" when starting the game/map and there will be information going by that indicates its loading the mod ( and the others you have). Sometimes it will throw warnings/errors and indicate a mod could not be loaded, or there is a conflict.

Another way is to go into the save game area if your game, and validate the "MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" mod is changing the unit_iron value to 1000000,

Go into your save game folder [some path on Windows]/7DaysToDie/Saves/[your_saves_game_map_name]/[your_save_game_name]/ConfigsDump/items.xml

and search for:

<item name="unit_iron">

In that little XML part there should be a commented line that indicates it was modified by "MeanCloud's Forges Hold 1M", and a value of 1000000.  If the line is not ther, and the value is 30000, then the mod isn't' loading

<item name="unit_iron">
	<property name="HoldType" value="45" />
	<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sackPrefab.prefab" />
	<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab" />
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceScrapIron" />
	<property name="Material" value="Mmetal" />
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="1000000"><!--Attribute "value" replaced by: "MeanCloud's Forges Hold 1M"--></property>
	<property name="Weight" value="1" />
	<property name="Group" value="Resources" />
	<property name="ResourceUnit" value="true" />
	<property name="MeltTimePerUnit" value=".25" /> <!-- forge smelting time -->
	<property name="UserHidden" value="true" />
	<property name="CraftingIngredientTime" value=".5" />
	<property name="CreativeMode" value="None" />
</item>

Alternatively, maybe there is some other mod commented in there?

Let me know if you still have issues.

20210127171258_1.thumb.jpg.223622f22c1dcd2a14aab10df0cde84e.jpg20210127171448_1.thumb.jpg.f453612e4491e9bc1bf895a8822d47f5.jpg

@Briston574: All of my mods now have a note if they are server side safe or not ( or maybe its unknown/untested/or a weird enough setting I'm not comfortable saying it is unless I get positive feedback it works serer side.)

Thanks for the response.

I've tried single player and on a server.

The save file method shows I have "value" replaced by: "PhD Better 30K Stacks" So looks like that is conflicting.

I will edit that mod's values and test to see if it increases the amount the forge can hold which it looks like it will.

Sorry for messing you around, I should have checked for mod conflicts first.

3 hours ago, Gnasher3i6 said:

Thanks for the response.

I've tried single player and on a server.

The save file method shows I have "value" replaced by: "PhD Better 30K Stacks" So looks like that is conflicting.

I will edit that mod's values and test to see if it increases the amount the forge can hold which it looks like it will.

Sorry for messing you around, I should have checked for mod conflicts first.

No problem :)

Also: I just maintain the 1M Forge mod (I didn't make or have part in development of it) ... I don't know if 1 Million is "the max" or if you could go higher. I wasn't really sure who would be able to smelt that much, but I guess its possible!

Also:  I beleive the game loads mods based on alphabetical order of their folder name... since Phd comes *after* MeanCloud it overrode MeanClouds settings. An alternate solution would be to rename MeanCloud's mod to "Q_MeanCloud..." ( or similar ) and it should override PhD's mod but just the 1 Million smelting slot for Iron.

14 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

No problem :)

Also: I just maintain the 1M Forge mod (I didn't make or have part in development of it) ... I don't know if 1 Million is "the max" or if you could go higher. I wasn't really sure who would be able to smelt that much, but I guess its possible!

Also:  I beleive the game loads mods based on alphabetical order of their folder name... since Phd comes *after* MeanCloud it overrode MeanClouds settings. An alternate solution would be to rename MeanCloud's mod to "Q_MeanCloud..." ( or similar ) and it should override PhD's mod but just the 1 Million smelting slot for Iron.

So I renamed the Meancloud mod and it worked but after a while the clay in the forge changed to -201070 (and turned red)

This resulted in lots of loot errors and most objects around the base became unusable (Boxes, forges, workbench ect...)

Removed the mod and the forges, Reloaded save and everything is still bugged.

I think I will leave this mod for now, It's not really needed I just thought it would be good to leave my forges on all the time.

Going back to my backup save.

Thanks for the help Doughphunghus.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher3i6 said:

So I renamed the Meancloud mod and it worked but after a while the clay in the forge changed to -201070 (and turned red)

This resulted in lots of loot errors and most objects around the base became unusable (Boxes, forges, workbench ect...)

Removed the mod and the forges, Reloaded save and everything is still bugged.

I think I will leave this mod for now, It's not really needed I just thought it would be good to leave my forges on all the time.

Going back to my backup save.

Thanks for the help Doughphunghus.

I'm so sorry about that :(  I completely did not expect that to happen and that's really weird.  The rename folder fix is something I've done before. 

Do you know "about how much you had smelted" of the clay before it had issues (just a best guess estimate, like "over a million, under a million", etc).  Maybe there's a max value and if you go over it causes a buffer overrun and goes negative?  Its something I could test, and at least put a warning on the mod about it. Having it affect your base is weird but I did notice when I turned up smelting as high as I could that when it started smelting iron I couldn't do anything (put in more iron, etc) until it was done...maybe the forge has some weird update/priority code behind the scenes... doesn't make sense to me though why you'd have issues with other containers unless it corrupted your profile? Ive seen that happen and usually a log out/logon fixes it in server side games.  Maybe some "forge info" is stored in your profile and went to a bad value when it went negative?

37 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

I'm so sorry about that :(  I completely did not expect that to happen and that's really weird.  The rename folder fix is something I've done before. 

Do you know "about how much you had smelted" of the clay before it had issues (just a best guess estimate, like "over a million, under a million", etc).  Maybe there's a max value and if you go over it causes a buffer overrun and goes negative?  Its something I could test, and at least put a warning on the mod about it. Having it affect your base is weird but I did notice when I turned up smelting as high as I could that when it started smelting iron I couldn't do anything (put in more iron, etc) until it was done...maybe the forge has some weird update/priority code behind the scenes... doesn't make sense to me though why you'd have issues with other containers unless it corrupted your profile? Ive seen that happen and usually a log out/logon fixes it in server side games.  Maybe some "forge info" is stored in your profile and went to a bad value when it went negative?

It would of had around the same amount of clay smelted as when it bugged (around 201070) Iron had a bit more smelted but that was ok, I don't have it smelting really fast it's using the default bellows.

It's probably still conflicting with one of my other mods, I'll look into it further and let you know if I can find the cause.

The boxes and crafting stations within about 10-15 blocks of the forge are the ones that have bugged (no option to open) any outside of that range seem to be ok.

After removing the forges and mod the errors were gone but the bug remains so I think my save was corrupted.

4 hours ago, Gnasher3i6 said:

It would of had around the same amount of clay smelted as when it bugged (around 201070) Iron had a bit more smelted but that was ok, I don't have it smelting really fast it's using the default bellows.

It's probably still conflicting with one of my other mods, I'll look into it further and let you know if I can find the cause.

The boxes and crafting stations within about 10-15 blocks of the forge are the ones that have bugged (no option to open) any outside of that range seem to be ok.

After removing the forges and mod the errors were gone but the bug remains so I think my save was corrupted.

I've had issues in some PvE games (not my server) where i could no longer open my chests.  The "fix" was to log off/on as it was likely profile corruption that auto fixed itself (or something, like not corrupt but the player profiles/maps/etc. were out of sync between my client and the game server).

If you're in a single player game, or "own" the server/game, I can think of a few cheesy options:

1. Put down a fresh claim block, and try to pick everything up that you can (workbench/forge/etc.)

2. (possibly dangerous): try to "break open" a chest with an ax/hatchet.  Normally if they're locked, it "breaks" the lock, and you can open. Then, if you keep hitting it and it "breaks again" it gets destroyed. Of course, in your case it may simply destroy it... but in theory a bag will appear with the chest contents? I'm not 100% sure what will happen when you're having this issue.  if you're considering the save/game a "lost cause" and are going to make a new game on a new map, might as well try as a last resort.. If you can get all your resources back then maybe you can keep the save?

There may be a way to repair your game/profile/etc.  Maybe a special console command, etc. I'm not the one to ask about it though, but I'd ask around on these forums.  Maybe there is a known issue/fix for this specific issue.  yeh, it was modded but you still might get some help/ideas.

@xxx73 about the weather: someone posted here recently about a19 not seeing to have a lot of weather changes... maybe a recent patch changed how the weather works (or doesn’t work) as part of the prep to overhaul the weather?  I always have my weather mods loaded and cranked up so I do t know anymore what “vanilla” weather looks like anymore

On 1/19/2020 at 5:48 PM, doughphunghus said:

Modlet: Khelldon-BadCompanyUMAZeds (DECOMMED. a19 apparently does not support UMA/changing soon. Look here instead: snukfins-server-side-zsombies )

Just saw this and was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Snukfin's zombies, while creatively original, are far too OP and quite honestly immersion breaking for my tastes. Is there any chance you still have your old files laying around for the A19 version of this (working or not)? Swore I had a copy on my HDD, but unable to locate, so far...

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Cernwn said:

Just saw this and was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Snukfin's zombies, while creatively original, are far too OP and quite honestly immersion breaking for my tastes. Is there any chance you still have your old files laying around for the A19 version of this (working or not)? Swore I had a copy on my HDD, but unable to locate, so far...

well, here's the current situation, as I see it.  I could be wrong though on some of this info...

- I wasn't able to do any work on KHelldons UMA Zed mods when I took over his mods, so the "original" is the one you would be wanting, and its still here

This means it works in a17 but no changes were done (by me) for a18 or a19.  I just started modding at the very end of a17 so UMA was a bit too much to handle at the time.

- The "original" was written/contributed to by several people, so I'm not sure if KHelldon's the "last version" of that or if someone else made updates after it (of the original people who put it together) and there's like an a17+ version of the one he posted.

- I believe I've seen, on these forums, some people who have updated this mod for a18/a19 (in their own repository, or some forum download.  I can't remember where I found it).  I don't know if its one of the original authors, or someone else.  So there may be an a18/a19 version of this somewhere already.  However, they indicated it was very "buggy", like zeds not attacking, or acting weird.

- I *was* going to try to randomize the zeds to have UMA using my Entity Randomizer (more code to write :(), but hearing a20 was going to get rid of the current UMA kinda killed my motivation.  I think I read on these forums that someone (one of the more proficient/prolific modders) may already be using a script to generate UMA variants, but I don't remember who or when I saw this.  I think it was more of "They used to do this".  Maybe if that person could be tracked down they might provide the script or, run it and provide the UMA zombies it generates (maybe they are compatible with a18 at least?), which you could then tweak?

- I heard TFP is going to be doing their own UMA... but that might just be the clothing changes they are planning ( e.g. I don't think there will be like 20 hats or anything, like today).  Even so, whatever they do, I personally plan to try to use my Entity Randomizer script to use whatever they have to randomize the zeds ( maybe just hair + skin color?) I don't know what's being planned other than what they have posted about the armor changes.  So once a20 drops I was going to revisit this (zed entity "graphics" randomization generation) and see what I can come up with.  But as far as I can tell, the current UMA is not only going to be "dead" (not developed further) but maybe also literally non functioning in a20 (if they remove the UMA libraries from the game or whatever it is that makes them tick)

Anyway,

Good luck ;)

Thanks for the quick response Dough. The "original" A16 version by StompyNZ + the forum community is actually here. Swear I had a perfectly working version, with only slight changes to zombie skin tone, but maybe it was the A18 version by Khelldon. Will take a gander through Khzmusik's A18 version here, as well. He seems to have the most documentation and recent edits. Cheers!

On 1/31/2021 at 4:22 PM, Cernwn said:

Thanks for the quick response Dough. The "original" A16 version by StompyNZ + the forum community is actually here. Swear I had a perfectly working version, with only slight changes to zombie skin tone, but maybe it was the A18 version by Khelldon. Will take a gander through Khzmusik's A18 version here, as well. He seems to have the most documentation and recent edits. Cheers!

I’m glad you tracked them/it down! I’ll update my mod page(s) to point to Khzmusiks page for this mod (instead of just having a “Decommed” note).

New Modlet: Doughs-Prefabs

I'm taking a small break from "normal" modding until a20 (or at least for awhile) to do some cleanup/learning/etc, and because I'm testing my mods in a game I'm playing and taking notes :)  So I have been learning how to make POI's instead...

Currently there are only 2 of them, and they are small.  This modlet will hold all other POI's I create, and I'll be posting details/updates/pics on my Gitghub page as well as the Prefabs forum if/when I make more.

New Modlet: Doughs-Mech-Lucy

Using/Extending from the mechRobot model and all base work/credits go to The Community Creature Packs

REQUIRED MOD: 0-CreaturePackMechs (19.0.3.3 or greater)

As of today, Lucy is still in "alpha" as I may change up the voice/behaviors/etc. once I play around more with it. Right now its a little rough/hard to hear, which I thought would be fun/realistic but in game it's harder to hear than I thought.

I want to make a few more "fun/personable" mechs/people, etc. in a similar spirit to my "You've Got Mail" mod, except these cannot be server side safe due to the models so I'm making them separate mods.  I plan to add more content for each mech/person (books, something?) once I feel the entity is "done enough".

Currently Lucy is the "Yellow humanoid robot/mech with the light saber weapon" except she's not as powerful as the vanilla mechRobot shes based on. Lucy stands for "Lifelike Uber Companion - (model: Yellow)"...or something like that. Lucy's previous occupations were: Late night phone bot, rock and mineral sorter, artist (artist subject to change).

Updated Modlet: Doughs-Buff-Sounds-Common

Added 44 more "remixed" vanilla sounds.  I'm not super happy with some of the chest ones, and the zombie sounds are possibly too quiet or something (I'm not hearing them easily or at all?), but I plan to try to add more zombie sounds and maybe fix (amplify) some of these new ones.

Entity                Sounds               Count

chest (player) Opening+Closing 12  
zombiefemale alert+sense 10  
zombiefemale2 alert+sense 9  
zombiemale alert 9  
zombiemale2 alert 4  

On 7/23/2020 at 6:33 AM, user2010 said:

Poorly!
Let's do it! Where I live, minus 50 in the shade, and there is no sun for six months! Realism, I really want to cry!
Why is this nonsense? Now, when flying on a gyroplane, and nothing is visible because of the rain, fog!
It would be better to make a separate mod, changing the seasons, as in (in one major fashion, I forgot which one), only with a sharp change in temperature! A couple of dry winter, spring, summer!

Google translator

@user2010 FYI: This post has a DMT seasons mod: ("Seasonal weather: adds seasons which affect the global temperature")

8 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

@user2010 FYI: This post has a DMT seasons mod: ("Seasonal weather: adds seasons which affect the global temperature")

Thanks for the mention!

Also - I was just thinking that I needed to remove the day and time from the HUD, and lo and behold, you already have a modlet that does that. I'm going to try it out when I'm done with my own stuff, and ready to actually start playing the game again.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

14 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Thanks for the mention!

Also - I was just thinking that I needed to remove the day and time from the HUD, and lo and behold, you already have a modlet that does that. I'm going to try it out when I'm done with my own stuff, and ready to actually start playing the game again.

You're welcome!  I think what you've made is a really cool mod, and I've seen a lot of people ask about such a feature. I'm not on Windows so I can't get DMT mods working (yet?) so I'll have to wait until I can figure it out, or I spin up a Windows system on a more powerful PC as my backup Windows laptop is just for work...but I do want to try it out.

for Compass mod: Glad to have helped out ;)

I will say this: I ran across some mods on Nexusmods that remove just the time, or the day.  The mods are simple enough like mine is, however, I had a hard time getting the "entire" day and time part removed, so I put in a "carat" pointing upwards at the center of the compass as it seemed to want a string value in there, and it fit well with the compass.  I've seen some overhaul mods (not sure which ones) that see to have figured out how to fully remove it.  So there's some room for improvement if you wanted to take a shot at it.

Additionally: I wanted to completely remove all places that tell you what day it is. I have found there are some "other" areas in the game that hint at the day. There's a few places in the UI that mention "trader restock day", which lets you know you're 1 day below that, minus a blood moon, so you can get a 1-6 day guess at the day.  I want to remove that in my mod when I do updates for a20. There's also some parts on the user map that mention the day, which I think my mod removes (makes transparent).  I'm not looking at the code at this moment to validate.

I've heard that some overhaul mod has watches so you can tell the time.  I was really hoping someone could come up with a set of watches/clocks/etc that you had to find/craft that would them let you know the time/day.  I mentioned this to Guppycur and he indicated he might do it? or was thinking of it (he did put out that working clock mod).  I have an idea for watches, etc that's not super mod heavy (pure XML) that I might get to someday, but I'm on the fence about carrying around an item just to tell the time occasionally.  I envisioned this stuff to be worn (which likely cannot happen once a20 drops with the new UMA) but if not maybe I can rig something to the vanilla clock so you can craft it and then some way to "craft one that keeps correct time". I really want something that only works for like a week and then stops working. Same with flashlights: I wish there was a simple "battery" mechanic/mod built into blocks/items so things required batteries and/or power.  I've tried looking at the battery bank (reskin, change things) but I don't know how to do it yet as I'm a Unity noob ;).  I guess the whole point is that I wanted being able to know the time/day to be an actual struggle, vs "once I craft/loot this item that task is done", but i also wanted it to be an early/mid game possibility to have for awhile (find batteries, etc)

On 2/11/2021 at 12:25 PM, doughphunghus said:

I've heard that some overhaul mod has watches so you can tell the time.  I was really hoping someone could come up with a set of watches/clocks/etc that you had to find/craft that would them let you know the time/day.

Darkness Falls has exactly this. (You can still see the day in that mod, though - it just hides the time.)

It seems like it would be simple enough to implement what you're looking for, most of it would just be modifying the XUI XML in some fashion. The only tricky part would be making sure none of it is hard-coded into the game, so that removing it would cause issues. If/when I finish what I'm doing now, maybe I can take a look.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I really messed up!
I really want a mod that (as in one of the old mods) changed the season! Today is summer, tomorrow it will snow, everything is turning white, it is also getting cold and you need to change your clothes!