Doughs modlets

doughphunghus

On 12/13/2020 at 12:07 PM, doughphunghus said:

@magejosh I added a pre-generated zombie only modlet with only 492 zeds, that hopefully will be server-side safe.  I'll try to keep generating one of these as I make updates.  I'm hoping to find out if there is a limit on file sizes which I can use instead as a generation limiter.

@magejoshpwr a forum post I made elsewhere. the latest experimental build might have a fix for this (large file/localization not being sent to the client) so I would say wait for a20 official release and try the large one again. 

16 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

Nope :( the codes names are not hard coded or preset. It works the worst possible way, as it was thrown together quickly.  Basically it auto generates the code names and it does this in a different , random order every time. I figured every release of the game could have any amount of changes to it. So you’d never be able to use an older version of my generated zeds and know it would work 100%, so I didn’t bother trying to make sure the names were always the same on each generation. 

this sounds like another feature to add in. It won’t work 100%, especially if TFP adds or removed a single entity or renames one, but it might make it easier to do the localization tricks with different generation runs when the base game version is the same. I’ll see if I can add sorting and “more standard naming practice” into it. No promises on this one though :)

If anyone’s curious: I’m using Unsorted data from an xml

Parser , then cramming it into hashes (unaorted), then just looping through the hash keys, making up new clones and names as it goes. 

for those who don’t mess with this stuff: there’s a lot of things not being sorted going on all over the place, thus making the end result work, just not in any standard/reliable way ;)

I gotcha! Yeah, I haven't figured out anything beyond just making the localizations. So, I wouldn't know what to do with your mod. If I remember right though, @xyth and @sphereii use something in their NPC modpacks that do something to set random "names" to pop up, so maybe that's the alternative way to make what you're doing work in a way that looks more immersive? I think at that point, it's not about a localization, but more about the coding.

2 hours ago, ztensity said:

I gotcha! Yeah, I haven't figured out anything beyond just making the localizations. So, I wouldn't know what to do with your mod. If I remember right though, @xyth and @sphereii use something in their NPC modpacks that do something to set random "names" to pop up, so maybe that's the alternative way to make what you're doing work in a way that looks more immersive? I think at that point, it's not about a localization, but more about the coding.

I haven’t seen their stuff that does this, but I agree it’s far more likely to be the better “solution” to doing stuff like this for most people. The only advantage the randomizer mod generator has over anything is:

- it doesn’t need to be compiled with DMT or anything, so it can be run on non windows platforms (I use Ubuntu, which is why I wrote it :) )

- in theory, anyone could select how they want the zeds randomized and generate them (if they want to learn how to run and config the script). I think this is like 0.01% of people, since it’s written in Perl. I might dockerize it so more people could run it easier, if I hear any interest. I feel most people just like grabbing a pre generated mod from it and play it.  I had an idea for some mini overhaul mods that would benefit from generating 20-50 custom zeds of 1 type. Think an army of just crawlers. Fast crawlers ;) so making mini mods like this would be easy to generate, then you could hand tune it. 

- it’s fairly easy to randomize “any” property, and in theory anything in any of the XML exposed modding. Well, sort of. It’s still way too over complicated but “it can be done”. For example, I was thinking of attempting to randomize the zed “hand items” so you could have them randomly vomit like the cop (different distances, damage, etc) but apparently it doesn’t work too well, likely the vomit Cop class is special? In theory I could switch base classes... err, things are getting complicated ;) Anyway, the sky is the limit!

- its “server side safe” in terms of nothing special for clients to load. I’m not sure if any compiled code is server side safe but I was under the impression it was not as it required custom resources.

as soon (if?) as TFP makes the resources and other stuff transferable to clients from servers, I’m fairly sure the mod generator could mostly be shelved. But I feel they are pushing back on doing this. 

2 hours ago, Briston574 said:

Probably a lot to ask, but I am curious if you can tell me of any of these mods are server side only? 

Most of “mine” are just xml and should work server side, but I haven’t tested any of them server side. Known exceptions (NOT server side safe) are:

the Rabbit of Cerbannog,

the “add more sounds” one, 

and likely “1 hour of daylight” as it’s a client side setting. 

in addition:

any of my “buff” mods that buff explosives. The buff is to create ones that break blocks. This might be an issue for servers (look like drop mining/FPS issue, or just too much destructive potential for trolls)

for Khelldons and MeanClouds, I would have to double check.  Off the top of my  head, these are NOT server side safe:

khelldons holy hand grenade

khelldons crossbow bolts

khelldons get nailed/add more nails? (one of them contains a crowbar resource)

khelldons horns

meanclouds fishing

meanclouds cannabis

meanclouds mining 

i should post a table/checklist for this.... hmmm.  I’ll look into doing that this weekend.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

On 12/14/2020 at 7:59 PM, doughphunghus said:

@magejoshpwr a forum post I made elsewhere. the latest experimental build might have a fix for this (large file/localization not being sent to the client) so I would say wait for a20 official release and try the large one again. 

@magejosh UPDATE: This may be fixed now? alpha-19.3-stable release notes has listed under "Fixed" -> "Large localization mods breaking client connects"

23 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

@magejosh UPDATE: This may be fixed now? alpha-19.3-stable release notes has listed under "Fixed" -> "Large localization mods breaking client connects"

Yes I was going to try your new one on my server tonight and see if it will work. These remix zombies really thin out the boss zombies snuffkins zombies adds to the spawn list. And all the players have really enjoyed reading the dead zombies names as they move towards them to loot their bodies.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, doughphunghus said:

the Rabbit of Cerbannog,

the “add more sounds” one, 

and likely “1 hour of daylight” as it’s a client side setting. 

I also wanted to mention as part of a conversation with @Aramus on the snufkins zombies thread they adapted the rabbit of caerbannog to be server side safe using the rabbit model and making it player size, and a snowball for the holy hand grenade. I love the model you made, but my challenge was to create an overhaul that was entirely server side safe, so my brother wouldn't have to install anything else to play on the server. It's still a work in process, but that rabbit is awesome.  

And that's good to know about the 1 hour of daylight. I didn't see anything that looked like it wouldn't work server side only so I've been running it, but yeah it's not working on the server and I couldn't figure out why. 

Edited by magejosh (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, magejosh said:

hey adapted the rabbit of caerbannog to be server side safe

I saw that and it looks great! I was thinking of trying it out when a20 is released.  I didn't make the models for the rabbit or the grenade, I just set up the XML to make it evil and hopefully jump at your face :)  (credits to Mumpfy and  Mjoelnir.hh for rabbit texture + model, khelldon for the grenade)

Yeah, I really wish TFP would allow the models and icons to be sent from the server to the client, it would make things a bit easier. I try to keep most of my mods "server side safe" mostly because the models are currently outside of my expertise (and time to learn), but I really want to get some new icons in all my mods rather than always recoloring existing ones.

FYI: For those of you playing the "Entity Randomizer" pre-generated modlets:

- I have generated pre-generated modlets for a19.3.b6-stable, available on github

- I have started doing diffs of the vanilla configs as updates are pushed (to see if I can tell which of my mods break without testing them all), and it looks like (my best guess, no guarantees!) the a19.2.b4 pre-generated modlets should work with a19.3.b6.  So if you were playing a game in 19.2.b4 and didn't want to update just because of these pre-generated modlets, it might be safe.  Even if it was not, you could likely pull out the 19.2.b4 one and replace it with the a19.3.b6 one and all that would likely? happen is any spawned entities would cease to exist, and it would likely throw some console errors as the game tried to spawn them when you entered a chunk where they were spawned before the update.  Just my guess, I have not tested this.

- The important thing is only load one "set" of mods for a particular version, do not try to load them all across versions.

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help with this. I'd like to use MeanCloud's Inreased Animals mod in 19.3, but I'm getting a yellow error when I start the game, either loading into an existing world or a new one from RWG. Text from the console pasted below. Any ideas how to work around this?

2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest']/spawn[@entitygroup='ZombiesAll']"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert']/spawn[@entitygroup='ZombiesAll']"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='burnt_forest']/spawn[@entitygroup='ZombiesBurntForest']"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='wasteland']/spawn[@entitygroup='ZombiesWastelandNight']"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='snow']/spawn[@entitygroup='SnowZombies']"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest']/spawn[@entitygroup='EnemyAnimalsForest']/@maxcount"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert']/spawn[@entitygroup='EnemyAnimalsDesert']/@maxcount"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='burnt_forest']/spawn[@entitygroup='EnemyAnimalsBurntForest']/@maxcount"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='snow']/spawn[@entitygroup='EnemyAnimalsSnow']/@maxcount"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest']/spawn[@entitygroup='EnemyAnimalsForest']/@respawndelay"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert']/spawn[@entitygroup='EnemyAnimalsDesert']/@respawndelay"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='burnt_forest']/spawn[@entitygroup='EnemyAnimalsBurntForest']/@respawndelay"
2020-12-28T03:56:58 2512.398 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Increased Animals" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='snow']/spawn[@entitygroup='EnemyAnimalsSnow']/@respawndelay"

16 hours ago, Balthazarrr said:

Yes, I am.

I just loaded the "MeanCloud__IncreasedAnimals" mod into a new a19.3 b6 game and it loaded without errors and there were quite a few more animals running around.

Are you using any other mods/overhauls?  The errors you're seeing are (my best guess) the mod being unable to add the animals to several spawn groups, which another mod may have changed/removed.

Update: Added new Modlet: Doughs-Food-SousChefOfTheApocalypse

For people who stay home and like to cook/craft.

Mod has been lightly tested, so please let me know if you see issues with it!

Description: This modlet adds mods food items and recipes. Purposefully no new icons/models so its server side safe.  Ingredients/items are not supposed to be super easy to find to encourage more crafting/waiting for items and to not make you awash with food early game, so if its not balanced well let me know!  Final recipes/food is supposed to be slightly better or equal to the games best/final recipes, but not OP. Some stuff is just for fun.

Note: This mod is intended to be the initial "Food Expansion Pack" to "Doughs-YouveGotMail", and both can be installed together or separately. Additional "story" for this will come at some other time. Eventually they may both be merged together.

Some items can be found in containers, or bought at traders. Item semi-rarity is hopefully a norm as you are supposed to be cooking and preparing, not buying and finding!

It "currantly" includes:

• New perk: Sous Chef of the Apocalypse. Works similar to vanilla perk Master Chef, but for just items in this mod.
  • 4 New Cookbooks to unlock certain foods/ingredients
  • 20 New Schematics to unlock certain foods/ingredients
  • 39 Food/drink items (either found/crafted/perk unlock/or schematic)
  • Toasted Pumpkin, Pine, and Acorn seeds
  • Cooking Oil
  • Bouillon Cube
  • Sauteed Mushrooms
  • Flour
  • Red Wine
  • Sweet and Salty Extracts
  • Cream Of Tartar
  • Hard Tack
  • Beef Jerky
  • Pemmican
  • Bone Marrow
  • Raw and boiled Sweet Bread
  • Sweet Bread Cuisine
  • Steak And Potato Cuisine
  • Pop Corn
  • Milk Curds
  • Raw Milk, Milk, and Cream
  • Cheese
  • Butter
  • Butter Of The Gods
  • Bread Batter
  • Bread
  • Buttered Toast
  • Sweet Corn Blueberry Muffin
  • Ice Cream
  • Red Wine Blueberry Sorbet
  • Turkish Delight
  • Sweet Nut Milk
  • Egg Souffle
  • Potatoes Dauphinoise
  • Boeuf Bourguignon
  • Croque Monsieur

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again
Im running a server with only your wind, temp, cloud, fog, temperature and precipitation settings from your core weather mod. It work great in singleplayer, so much varitations, But on my server it is sunny all the time and only temperature is changing, I never see rain or fog or much cloud changes. I removed your mod from server and weather is till "stuck".

So I have 2 questions:
1. Is your weather mods working on servers?

2. Is there a way to restart/reset weather on server to get back to normal weather behavior?

On 1/12/2021 at 11:06 PM, xxx73 said:

Hi again
Im running a server with only your wind, temp, cloud, fog, temperature and precipitation settings from your core weather mod. It work great in singleplayer, so much varitations, But on my server it is sunny all the time and only temperature is changing, I never see rain or fog or much cloud changes. I removed your mod from server and weather is till "stuck".

So I have 2 questions:
1. Is your weather mods working on servers?

2. Is there a way to restart/reset weather on server to get back to normal weather behavior?

Sorry for the late response.  I had one other person mention to me (via personal message) about removing the weather mod and the weather being "stuck" in a fog only world.  Your mention is the 2nd time I've head about it having issues like this

Q. Is the weather mod working on servers?

A. I don't really know as I don't run servers and I don't test it on them.  My Weather mods aren't "special" (e.g. no DMT, special coding, no .dlls, no custom resources, etc, just pure basic XML against the standard modifiable XML TFP makes accessible to modding) so I would assume/believe that they would work on servers as well as single player games.  Hearing a 2nd case of weather "freezing" in place makes me thing there's a bug in the game.  HOWEVER, during modding things I have noticed that some things in vanilla/XML mods seem to persist unless the game is completely shut down (like Localization not being updated) so maybe the weather is one of those things as well where some settings need an extra 'kick" and you can't just bounce a server/process but instead have to do something special to get some cache to be cleared or some setting(s) to be rebuilt...

Anyway, I write up a large list if ideas to try to "unstick" the weather for the person who originally asked me about it, and I'm reposting it here for anyone to try out/provide feedback.  They indicated "Idea #1" helped them.  In their case, they didn't like the weather mod, and removed it, and the game was stuck in "always foggy" mode...

So, here are those ideas:

Idea 1:

The "Punishing Weather Core" and my other "Punishing weather" mods only change the biomes.xml file (temporarily, not the core game files). The game, when XML mods are loaded, will make note of which settings are being used and what mods made changes in your local save game files in a copy of the final settings taht are used for your game.  This copy should be "rebuilt" every time the game is started (so if my mod were removed, it regenerates the copy with the changes my mod made removed).  If you can locate where the game saves your files (I am on Ubuntu, not Windows, so I'm not 100% sure where it saves them.) you can see the biomes.xml settings, and what (if any) the game thinks have made modifications. The file will be in C:\<something, probably your profile>\7DaysToDie\Saves\<your map name>\<your save game name>\ConfigsDump\biomes.xml.   Open this file with a text editor (like Notepad/Notepad++, etc. not "MS Word").  The hard part will be determining if any settings are being affected by mods.  Simply search this file for the words "Element appended by" (remove the double quotes).  If you find any matches, this it will show what mod made the changes ( e.g. Element appended by: "Doughs Punishing Weather Core" ).  If you find no matches, then the biomes.xml file *should* be the vanilla/default settings/configs.  If you have removed my Punishing weather mods, and are finding my mod still being referenced in the file, then the game isn't rebuilding the configurations when it is restarted.

Idea 2:

After completely removing (deleting the folder) my mod from the "Mods" directory of the game, have you completely shutdown the game (and, just to be completely sure: shutdown steam, and maybe even rebooted your computer).  I say all of this just to make sure any processes the game or steam runs are completely shut down.  When its all turned back on/started the game should rebuild the config files mentioned above.  I have had instances where if I didn't shut down the game completely, some modded things hang around (and I cannot explain why).

Idea 3:

My weather mods only make changes to the "weather" settings in the XML, which are the weather settings for the biomes.  These  do not completely dictate the weather in the game.  The game has a "global weather" that cannot be controlled by XML mods.  The XML mods only tweak the global weather settings. So, if the "global weather" is currently set to be "foggy", then it will be foggy regardless of my mods.  My mods only "turn up the severity" of the fog (or, more accurately, make sure if there is global weather fog, that the intensity of the fog is enhanced most of the time). It works the same with wind, rain, etc.  My mod only "adds to" the global weather settings to try to make them worse.  But it cannot control the global weather.  So: It may literally just be foggy, as a global weather setting.  There are a few options to try to fix this: wait it out (no idea how long it would take), or try to administratively override/reset it.

NOTE: Global weather seems to change *very slowly*. I don't have any info how slow it changes/updates.  You may make a change like removing a mod and it take 5 or more minutes (real time) to actually change.  I've also noticed that it seems it takes a lot longer to start changing when the game first starts up. And the change is slow.

Anyway: To administratively override/change the global weather (for fog), which is an *immediate* change

- While in game, bring up the command terminal:

Hit "F1"

- Then set it to debug mode. Type in the command window:

dm

- Then hit "enter" and it will say "debugmenu on"

- Just to know what the FOg setting is before changing it, Type in the command window:

weather

- and note what the value is after "Fog = density". it should be some decimal like 0.012345

- Then type into the command window:

weather Fog 0

- Then hit "enter" and the "Fog = density" setting should go to 0 (fog should disappear/clear up)

FYI: if you type "help" in the command terminal, you can see all the other commands you can run.  For "weather" just type "weather" and it shows you the current weather settings/options.

To get out of "debug mode", type again in the terminal:

dm

- Then hit "enter" and it will say "debugmenu off"

- Hit the "Close" button on the right of the command terminal

I believe after setting the Fog to 0 from the command terminal, the global weather will be Fog = 0 for awhile (5,10, 30 minutes, a full day in the game?  I don't know), then the global weather will start changing it again naturally.  If you don't see any Fog, it might just natural RNG, but to check the actual fog is not "0" you can do the steps above to open the command terminal and instead of typing "weather Fog 0" just type "weather" and see if the Fog setting is not 0.

IF the fog is still at 0 (it should not be), try typing "weather Fog -0.5".  When I do this, it doesn't get set to -0.5, it gets set to some level of fog.  Maybe this "resets" the fog to a random number, I don't know, but it does set it to something NOT 0, and does it immediately. Maybe it causes the global weather to recalculate or something.  I don't work for TFP and I really don't know the answer, just trying to provide possible fixes as I would try/do them.

Thanks for your lengthy reply.
Global weather was unknown to me, so if we have no rain or no fog, it is a global weather issue and not your mod fault right?

Also I copied your mod into original files to avoid any problems, so there is no links to your mod in ConfigsDump.

Do you have any why global weather get stuck?

17 hours ago, xxx73 said:

Thanks for your lengthy reply.
Global weather was unknown to me, so if we have no rain or no fog, it is a global weather issue and not your mod fault right?

Also I copied your mod into original files to avoid any problems, so there is no links to your mod in ConfigsDump.

Do you have any why global weather get stuck?

I’m not sure actually if there is an issue or not. I do t know how long you would have to “normally” wait for rain or fog to show up, in a normal game. From my experience the rain/fog does not occur very often on its own (without mods).  

as I understand it (I’m on my phone, not looking at the xml) rain only occurs if the cloud cover is >70% AND the temperature is a certain amount.  Snow is similar (possibly).  Basically: if the clouds are not thick, there is no rain. And it’s not “instant” it takes quite awhile to build up, so if the clouds thin out, rain chance disappears. 

I don’t think fog has this many variables, it is just a “percent fog chance” that is different per biome. Without looking. I would think fog chance is low in the desert, and high in the wasteland biome.

so: it may be either just “chance” you’re not seeing fog/rain, based on pure game RNG, or additionally the biome you are in also helping nudge the chances lower.  I feel that I have played vanilla games and haven’t seen rain for weeks? Not sure about fog. 

Of course, if the weather were broken, I have heard no way that it “stays broken” after removing mods and restarting. The game had bugs so it’s possible I would guess (like map corruption?).  My mods aren’t doing anything special, so if you remove and restart it should “rebuild” the weather.xml file.

additionally : it seems? That when you log back into a game, that the weather/fog/etc “resets” to some default value.  Like, if it’s raining and you log out. I think when you log back in it will not be raining. I have not tested this, just I have noticed that weather seems to change on log off/restart on single player games. Maybe this is no longer a thing, but maybe it also prolongs rain/fog from occurring if you play only a few hours at a time?

Hi.

I tried using the "MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" But it doesn't work.

It doesn't throw any errors out but my forge's still cap at 30k, I've had a look at the code but I don't know how to fix it.

I'm currently on A19.2 and have tried some other MeanCloud mods from this thread and edited them to my liking/Added recipes but I have no idea how to fix this one.

Does this conflict with "khaines-modlets-a19-master-KHA19-3SlotForge"? Just remembered I have that installed.

And thanks for you're Mods and for updating MeanCloud's mods.

Edited by Gnasher3i6
Forgot to thank modder. (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Gnasher3i6 said:

Hi.

I tried using the "MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" But it doesn't work.

It doesn't throw any errors out but my forge's still cap at 30k, I've had a look at the code but I don't know how to fix it.

I'm currently on A19.2 and have tried some other MeanCloud mods from this thread and edited them to my liking/Added recipes but I have no idea how to fix this one.

Does this conflict with "khaines-modlets-a19-master-KHA19-3SlotForge"? Just remembered I have that installed.

And thanks for you're Mods and for updating MeanCloud's mods.

Hmmm.  I’ll look into it.  I only lightly tested to make sure MeanClouds mods worked with a19 after I tweaked them, and I don’t think I actually tested it could hold 1 million of an item (I think the xml seemed like it should work). I can also check if it’s compatible with the kHaines mod as well. 

If I have to make changes I’ll try to make the updated one compatible so you can just update, since I’m trying to just do bug fixes/patches for all the a19 mods.

also: if you’ve made custom changes to any of meanclouds mods, and you think they are “reasonable and within the original intent of the mod author”, submit them to me here or on my GitHub fork of the mod as an issue.  I plan on considering updates/expansions/etc to any of my mods when a20 drops.  If the xml is already “done” it’s easier to make changes vs trying to implement something new from scratch.  I don’t want to promise I’ll accept all requests for changes/features, but I have a few of my own ill likely make (thinking about adding CBD refining to the cannabis mod, etc, for low level healing, bandages, etc, for lolz.  Maybe even some new recipes, but nothing far out there like “cannabis rounds” to pacify zeds)

"MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" - Looking into it, so far:

I don't think the mod is colliding with Khaines forge mod.  Khaines ads another forge slot, and MeanClouds increases the stack numbner of "unit_iron" to 1000000. So in theory they should not be colliding as they are modifying different things (in different files).

This is not easy to test due to having to max out the forge, as smelting is slow  I'll have to look into modding some ridiculous fast forge smelting speed to see what happens, and then to see what changes have to be made to get it to get to 1 Million items. 

Anyway, I'll keep looking into it, just not something I can fix quickly tonight.

Hey Dough!  Love your mods.

I've been trying to tweak the More Punishing Weather's looks to my liking.  While I absolutely loved the doomsday fog, after a while I found it curious that I had never seen a sunny day, despite SOME probabilities that seemed to suggest they could happen.    What I've found is that tweaking the "fog" doesn't have too much of an effect, it's only the spectum that matters -> and since there's no probabilities associated with the spectrum, it always just looks like whichever spectrum is chosen
For example, given this ConfigDump of pine_forest:

<spectrum name="burnt_forest"><!--Element appended by: "Doughs Nastier Weather Core"--></spectrum>

<weather><!--Element appended by: "Doughs Nastier Weather Core"-->
			<Temperature min="20" max="50" prob="1" />
			<CloudThickness min="5" max="5" prob="1" />
			<!--<Fog min="0" max="0" prob=".9"/>-->
			<!--<Fog min="100" max="100" prob=".1"/>-->
			<CloudThickness min="0" max="0" prob=".3" />
			<Precipitation min="0" max="0" prob=".0" />
			<Wind min="10" max="20" prob="0.9" />
			<ParticleEffect prefab="ParticleEffects/p_sandstorm" ChunkMargin="7" />
		</weather>

I end up with what really is still just a foggy forest.   Despite vanilla settings with supposedly low fog %:

Untitled.png

It really seems to just boil down to that spectrum change to burnt_forest.  If burnt spectrum is on, it's foggy, if not.. it's not foggy.  On the flip side, the Fog xml percentages seem to have very little effect.  

Here's another picture with fog jacked up to 100%, but with no spectrum change to burnt_forest.  It results in virtually no fog, despite fog being set to 100%:

Untitled2.png

Anyone else having the same results?  Makes me sad because it seems to suggest I have to choose a spectrum an have a totally sunny world or a totally foggy world the whole game. 

I feel like the only way to get a mix is to swap pine forest back to its normal spectrum, and then just have it be cloudy 24/7 so that it can rain as much as possible.. as that seems to bring some fog with it

Untitled.png

Edited by Noggog (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

"MeanCloud__ForgesHold1M" - Looking into it, so far:

I don't think the mod is colliding with Khaines forge mod.  Khaines ads another forge slot, and MeanClouds increases the stack numbner of "unit_iron" to 1000000. So in theory they should not be colliding as they are modifying different things (in different files).

This is not easy to test due to having to max out the forge, as smelting is slow  I'll have to look into modding some ridiculous fast forge smelting speed to see what happens, and then to see what changes have to be made to get it to get to 1 Million items. 

Anyway, I'll keep looking into it, just not something I can fix quickly tonight.

Hey, Thanks for looking into it I really appreciate it. 

There's no rush to have it :)

For fast smelting you could edit the bellows and give them a crazy smelt speed.

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, Noggog said:

Hey Dough!  Love your mods.

I've been trying to tweak the More Punishing Weather's looks to my liking.  While I absolutely loved the doomsday fog, after a while I found it curious that I had never seen a sunny day, despite SOME probabilities that seemed to suggest they could happen.    What I've found is that tweaking the "fog" doesn't have too much of an effect, it's only the spectum that matters -> and since there's no probabilities associated with the spectrum, it always just looks like whichever spectrum is chosen
For example, given this ConfigDump of pine_forest:

<spectrum name="burnt_forest"><!--Element appended by: "Doughs Nastier Weather Core"--></spectrum>

<weather><!--Element appended by: "Doughs Nastier Weather Core"-->
			<Temperature min="20" max="50" prob="1" />
			<CloudThickness min="5" max="5" prob="1" />
			<!--<Fog min="0" max="0" prob=".9"/>-->
			<!--<Fog min="100" max="100" prob=".1"/>-->
			<CloudThickness min="0" max="0" prob=".3" />
			<Precipitation min="0" max="0" prob=".0" />
			<Wind min="10" max="20" prob="0.9" />
			<ParticleEffect prefab="ParticleEffects/p_sandstorm" ChunkMargin="7" />
		</weather>

I end up with what really is still just a foggy forest.   Despite vanilla settings with supposedly low fog %:

Untitled.png

It really seems to just boil down to that spectrum change to burnt_forest.  If burnt spectrum is on, it's foggy, if not.. it's not foggy.  On the flip side, the Fog xml percentages seem to have very little effect.  

Here's another picture with fog jacked up to 100%, but with no spectrum change to burnt_forest.  It results in virtually no fog, despite fog being set to 100%:

Untitled2.png

Anyone else having the same results?  Makes me sad because it seems to suggest I have to choose a spectrum an have a totally sunny world or a totally foggy world the whole game. 

I feel like the only way to get a mix is to swap pine forest back to its normal spectrum, and then just have it be cloudy 24/7 so that it can rain as much as possible.. as that seems to bring some fog with it

Untitled.png

Ha! I did not know about the fog issue! Honestly, I just messed around for awhile with some settings, made the “more intense” than the average vanilla settings , and then took it for granted they all worked “as advertised” in the settings :)  I have been asking for clarification on “weather settings” and information has been lacking on the forums, other than I heard they may be working on weather changes, making it better, etc. so maybe some exposed xml settings don’t work and are just there in preparation for new code to use them?  Anyway, I have noticed that the weather tends to change slowly, I don’t know how slowly, as I believe there is a “global weather” manager that handles master weather settings, and the biome level settings seem to be tweaks to these global settings , e.g. it’s possible the global weather will set conditions that generate fog, and the biome fog settings add/remove fog based those global settings.  the weather seems to update/change slowly, which is nice while in game but not so nice when testing.  

anyway: I’m hoping someone has better/actual answers to your post and posts them here!

Also: I think a DMT mod came out recently (I cannot find it) that lets you tune weather settings.... differently , and has seasons. I have not tried the mod yet, just FYI. But maybe it has fog or that modder would know how to get a good fog setting set up.  The “fog generated via the command console” can be made “extremely” thick, and can be made all sorts of colors, which if ever is configurable by biome (ebb and wane vs solid fog) would be really cool. 

Ah: found it:

https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a19-modlets/-/tree/master/khzmusik_Seasonal_Weather_DMT