Doughs modlets

doughphunghus

9 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

I think xyth made those as a demo.  They are cool and much better that what we have today :) In the spirit of keeping this mod server side compatible though, they can’t be used yet unless TFP makes these type of assets auto sync to the clients :(

That's right! It was xyth. I had just been on his page and saw them. 

That makes sense as far as keeping things server side with your mod. I think what you have is good. It works and is fun, interesting, etc. I already have a chess piece 😁

As far as the books and items, I began finding them right away! I got a hand towel and was elated, lol So cute!

The notes were interesting, especially- "Vine? What Vine?" 😆

This is totally doable for me. I'm ready to begin when you are. Just let me know. I've already been thinking of small haikus, limericks, etc. that might give one a chuckle, as well as notes with little snippets of intrigue. Those are fun, as they make one want to find other books, like the one you have that notes it is part of a series. I found one book and was scared to read it, lol I won't say which one, but I didn't want to find that part of myself, lmao!

Just let me know if how you'd like to proceed, I'm excited for this 😊

13 hours ago, Netwit2008 said:

Just let me know if how you'd like to proceed, I'm excited for this 😊

Well, if you’ve gotten some stuff already, or are just coming up with ideas and want to share them..... how about this:

- write down whatever you want to submit in a text file (like using notepad or something. Don’t use Microsoft word or anything fancy that requires a special program to open).  Since this stuff likely works better with some formatting, format it like you want (add new lines to separate lines, etc). 
- for each item, try to give it a title. Because the paper notes and books need titles in the game.

- if multiple items go together, or have some specific person/character they are for, or something, just put a note in there indicating it. Like “Note: Arlenes Diary” or whomever it is for.  if they go in an order, add “part 1”, “part 2”, etc.

- either put all of it into a single text file, with some sort of separator for each thing (like a line of dashes) or put each thing into a separate text file and then zip them all up into 1 file.

- send me the file as a private message on this forum.

This will give me some starting point to package it all up.  If it’s just poems/notes/etc. I can likely just run a few tests and then push out a new version with the new stuff in it.  I haven’t looked at the mod in a little while as a whole to see how things are balanced, but it can always be moved around/fixed later, which I was thinking of doing for a20 to try to make things more immersive. 

note: currently if a book has “vol 1” or something that seems like it’s part of a series, it may not have other books yet :(  I originally just put a bunch of random stuff in it, then started adding more coherent stuff/special items.  From some input I’ve gotten (and me playing it) it seems that it would be better if more items were collectibles or had uses other than just fun content so people have a reason to check each item out/hang onto it and not scrap it immediately, so I’m probably going to try to go more in that direction.  This means things like books will have multiple volumes, or something, so you’d want to collect them and then maybe craft something   (Or get a special quest) when you have all of them. Haven’t decided yet :). Anyway, long story short, I’ll likely add the additional volumes to whatever books you’ve found when that time comes, but it will have to be a new game in a20.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

Ok, will do. I've already written a couple of things. Give me a few days to compile more. 

It's ok what you have now. I've been getting a kick out of the notes. You've done a splendid job! I know there's more to come. You have some good things planned.

I appreciate you letting me be a part of it 😁

I'll send you a few things soon.

Recent modlet updates of significance not mentioned in above posts:

NEW: Added Hide the Day and Time - Hides the current Day and Time information from you! Adds a small arrow/pointer under the compass where this info used to be to avoid warnings when it loads.  Also removes this info from the Map view

NEW: Added Add More Grenades - Adds 2 Steel grenades. These are a little less powerful than TNT and are very dangerous (especially the Steel Contact Grenade), and can also destroy (cause damage to) to blocks.

NEW: Added Doughs-UI-Add-2ModSlots - Adds 2 more mod slots to items that accept mods. Staggers the mod slots tso you have to have a tier 5 or 6 item to get all teh slots opened.  The UI is a little rough on this one under the recipe ingredient area

NEW: Added Electric - CapacitorBank - Added CapacitorBank and Capacitor electrical components. Basically a very short lived battery bank that charges very fast. Can be used as a timer mechanism (depending on teh wuality and number of capacitors added) or a "cheap" but very short lived (read: manually controlled is best. You do not leave this on and walk away) battery bank to power electrical devices in early game.  Careful how you hook it up or the power drain on the relays and other electrical components will discharge it!

UPDATE: Updates for You've got Mail - Added items to air drops and some other fixes.

1 hour ago, Midnighter90 said:

Is the 7D2D-EntityRandomizer 19.2 b3 save to use with the latest 19.2 b4 build?

I'm not sure :)  I don't know all TFP does when they make updates (I don't want to promise it will work, but the version change is so small it might work) BUT I just now generated and added a "Pre-generated modlet" for a19.2 b4 and ran a quick test and it appears to work.

Here's the link the the latest download page with the new a19.2 b4 modlet in it: 7D2D-EntityRandomizer - v2.0.15.zip

7 hours ago, StanlyZ said:

Love the screamer bear mod! However, I decided to uninstall it from my mods folder and I keep getting these messages in the wasteland. Any advice on how to resolve this issue? 

image.png

This is likely a consequence of removing any mod, but likely not too bad as its entities (which are kinda temporary) being removed and not blocks. I’ll have to take a look at it as it’s been awhile since I’ve messed with that mod.  I do believe all it does is add a new bear, remove the screamer from the “scouts” spawn group, and put the bear in there. And it should , since it’s a modlet, do all of this “safely” meaning if the modlet was removed the spawning changes would be put back, but those errors make me think it’s “remembering” the bear, and it’s in a spawn group,  and trying to spawn it and not having the bear to spawn.  So maybe removing the modlet didn’t clean something up in your local save game config file(s). 

Just as a guess: have you tried completely shutting the game down (closing steam, etc), making double sure the modlet is uninstalled, and then restarting steam? I’m betting this will not work anyway, just checking.

another guess: it may have had some screamer bears spawned in the world in some chunks and were saved, and then you removed the mod, and the game is trying to put them back as they were not removed (in the game. It still has remnants of the screamer bears it saved when you left that chunk even though the mod is gone). I’m not sure how to correctly remove them from the entire game if they were already spawned in somewhere.  It’s possible the errors are harmless if the game tries to spawn them, and fails but I’m not sure if it always remembers them or if it deletes them when it fails.  There is a “killall”   Debug command that should Kill all entities, but it’s all zombies, and I think it’s only for the chunk you are in.

7D2D-EntityRandomizer

- Updated. Now generates a Localization file with silly randomly generated zed/animal names for all clones (not vanilla or other mods).  I recommend loading an Enemy Health Bar modlet As documented for the creature-renaming-modlet-series mod by @ztensity (as well as his mods to handle the vanilla zeds) to see the localization names if you want to have fun with the clones ;)

If you don't want the clone localization names, just delete the Localization.txt file from the "pre-generated modlets" folder you're using.

Example clone names:

Zed: Roberto the Curiously Underhanded and Inexcusable

Friendly Animal: Loverboy the Intently Hopeful

Enemy Animal: Emma the Sort Of Ugly

- Archived all previous "pre-generated modlets" and generated 3 new ones.

Doughs-RandEnts_For_a19.2-b4_vanilla-enemy-animals-only-600-clones

600 randomized clones of vanilla zombie animals, with localization (Recommend loading an enemy health bar viewer modlet to see the names!)

Doughs-RandEnts_For_a19.2-b4_vanilla-friendly-animals-only-400-clones

400 randomized clones of vanilla friendly/wild animals, with localization (Recommend loading an enemy health bar viewer modlet to see the names!)

Doughs-RandEnts_For_a19.2-b4_vanilla-zeds-only-4920-clones 4920 randomized clones of vanilla zombies, with localization (Recommend loading an enemy health bar viewer modlet to see the names!)

Very new to the forum and very much enjoy your modlets in solo games, but I've run into a weird hiccup.  Using the One Hour of Daylight modlet, it seems the Blood Moon Horde lasts, as far as I can tell, indefinitely when daylight is set to zero, not just until 4 am the following day and resets to the first horde if the game is quit during that same day and continued later.  Challenging to say the least.  I have not survived to see if surviving until the end of the 8th day will end it.

13 hours ago, vjammin said:

Very new to the forum and very much enjoy your modlets in solo games, but I've run into a weird hiccup.  Using the One Hour of Daylight modlet, it seems the Blood Moon Horde lasts, as far as I can tell, indefinitely when daylight is set to zero, not just until 4 am the following day and resets to the first horde if the game is quit during that same day and continued later.  Challenging to say the least.  I have not survived to see if surviving until the end of the 8th day will end it.

I think making it to the next “day” at the normal “horde over time” (6am?) will stop the horde. I don’t know if the issue you mention is actually something that could be fixed by a mod. The 0 hours of daylight is just a 1 line change allowing you to select down to 0 hours in the start menu. I haven’t tried measuring it to see when/if the horde stops coming. For what it’s worth, I usually play with 2-4 hours of daylight for a few reasons:

- get some daytime visual effects (change it up a bit)

- if I’m trapped (early game) there is a small window of daylight to wait for escape. 
- a little daylight to hunt, should it be needed.
- more zombie “speed options”.  I usually have them go a little slower in the day vs normal night speeds.

- the “audio cues” for day/night are a little more “normal sounding”.  It might be worth making a mod to remove them so you don’t know when day/night transitions (I also have a mod to remove the day/time and the audio cues give the time away)

- there are other settings in the game that activate on day/night. Not having any daylight means you miss those (like weather settings ). Some perks are “active at night only”.

I used to play 0 hours of daylight (and it is fun) but I found that I missed the sun just a little bit.  I really wish the concept of “seasons” existed so you could set like 14 days for each season. Then you could make “summer” the brightest (like 6 hours of daylight)  and the rest much darker (winter being pitch black).  Then you’d have to fight horde nights in each season/type. 

Actually, it might end at noon or midnight the next day?  The more I think about it, when you change the daylight to be “less” it triggers at odd times (forget what), you can’t say “start the day at 10 am), just “make there 3 hours of daylight “ for example. I think if you set it to 1 hour (example) or daylight the game starts you on a new map at like 11 pm. So maybe “hour 0 “ is midnight, and that when horde night finishes if there’s no daylight?

37 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

I think making it to the next “day” at the normal “horde over time” (6am?) will stop the horde. I don’t know if the issue you mention is actually something that could be fixed by a mod. The 0 hours of daylight is just a 1 line change allowing you to select down to 0 hours in the start menu. I haven’t tried measuring it to see when/if the horde stops coming. For what it’s worth, I usually play with 2-4 hours of daylight for a few reasons:

- get some daytime visual effects (change it up a bit)

- if I’m trapped (early game) there is a small window of daylight to wait for escape. 
- a little daylight to hunt, should it be needed.
- more zombie “speed options”.  I usually have them go a little slower in the day vs normal night speeds.

- the “audio cues” for day/night are a little more “normal sounding”.  It might be worth making a mod to remove them so you don’t know when day/night transitions (I also have a mod to remove the day/time and the audio cues give the time away)

- there are other settings in the game that activate on day/night. Not having any daylight means you miss those (like weather settings ). Some perks are “active at night only”.

I used to play 0 hours of daylight (and it is fun) but I found that I missed the sun just a little bit.  I really wish the concept of “seasons” existed so you could set like 14 days for each season. Then you could make “summer” the brightest (like 6 hours of daylight)  and the rest much darker (winter being pitch black).  Then you’d have to fight horde nights in each season/type. 

Actually, it might end at noon or midnight the next day?  The more I think about it, when you change the daylight to be “less” it triggers at odd times (forget what), you can’t say “start the day at 10 am), just “make there 3 hours of daylight “ for example. I think if you set it to 1 hour (example) or daylight the game starts you on a new map at like 11 pm. So maybe “hour 0 “ is midnight, and that when horde night finishes if there’s no daylight?

So I managed to survive until 11 pm on the day after the Blood Moon horde, day 8 on a 7th day horde, and the horde stopped. It was fun.  I don't think it need fixing at all, it was an interesting experience and wanted to share.

On 12/8/2020 at 7:23 PM, doughphunghus said:

7D2D-EntityRandomizer

- Updated. Now generates a Localization file with silly randomly generated zed/animal names for all clones (not vanilla or other mods).  I recommend loading an Enemy Health Bar modlet As documented for the creature-renaming-modlet-series mod by @ztensity (as well as his mods to handle the vanilla zeds) to see the localization names if you want to have fun with the clones ;)

If you don't want the clone localization names, just delete the Localization.txt file from the "pre-generated modlets" folder you're using.

Example clone names:

600 randomized clones of vanilla zombie animals, with localization (Recommend loading an enemy health bar viewer modlet to see the names!)

400 randomized clones of vanilla friendly/wild animals, with localization (Recommend loading an enemy health bar viewer modlet to see the names!)

Doughs-RandEnts_For_a19.2-b4_vanilla-zeds-only-4920-clones 4920 randomized clones of vanilla zombies, with localization (Recommend loading an enemy health bar viewer modlet to see the names!)

I love it man! Thanks for the shout out! :D

Getting weird error on the buff infection mod. First noticed when started game red errors flagged up as would not load. When go into buffs.xml file just shows "10800 10800" which is clearly why not work. Figured must have corrupted when downloaded it so tried again. Still same. Weird part is if go to edit the file the whole xml data suddenly appears as it should but when try save the xml or come out of file it goes back to "10800 10800". Any ideas?

On 12/8/2020 at 6:23 PM, doughphunghus said:

7D2D-EntityRandomizer

Example clone names:

I had issues with the 4920 zeds one. Mostly that I could load it locally just fine, but on my server it would run into a memory exception and get stuck in a loop while downloading configs trying to load in to the world. I went through and cut it down to a little over 400 and it works on the server just fine. Really love the zombie names, but my players didn't want health bars. Luckily since I'm also running a mod that makes the dead zombies lootable it shows the names then. 

5 hours ago, magejosh said:

I had issues with the 4920 zeds one. Mostly that I could load it locally just fine, but on my server it would run into a memory exception and get stuck in a loop while downloading configs trying to load in to the world. I went through and cut it down to a little over 400 and it works on the server just fine. Really love the zombie names, but my players didn't want health bars. Luckily since I'm also running a mod that makes the dead zombies lootable it shows the names then. 

That is excellent information!  I ran some tests and it didn't seem to use up much more memory on the client side, and,  other than taking a little bit longer to load the game, didn't seem to have any harmful effects (which is why I cranked it up to almost 5000 zeds, to really get the "randomness in. I found when you want the names to be "fun and interesting" you really needed a whole lot of zeds to make the effect complete.  It was no fun getting the same 5 "burnt zombies" when you were in a place that spawns specific zombies.).  Besides getting "maximum" random zombie property generation, the name/localization just seemed to make it fun as you (well, I) would spend a little bit trying *not* to kill the zed attacking me so I could try to read the name :).

Anyway, thanks for the info, and let me know if you have any more issues/input with these!

I'll get some ~400 zed ones generated, and maybe a 2500 one so people can choose what works for their games.  Did you load the animal packs as well with this?

Also: I test them out and play them a little but unless I see some nasty/bad edge cases (legless zombie running, etc) I usually leave the minor bugs alone until I can work on it again.  I blindly pulled the name generation from various massive lists so I'm not sure how well it all turned out. Having teh name be seen when "lootable" is a great idea.  Is that mod one publicly available on the forums?

On 12/11/2020 at 1:30 PM, nickuk01 said:

Getting weird error on the buff infection mod. First noticed when started game red errors flagged up as would not load. When go into buffs.xml file just shows "10800 10800" which is clearly why not work. Figured must have corrupted when downloaded it so tried again. Still same. Weird part is if go to edit the file the whole xml data suddenly appears as it should but when try save the xml or come out of file it goes back to "10800 10800". Any ideas?

Yeap... I screwed up ;)  I made an XML formatting mistake, likely when trying to comment out a debugging section.  I fixed it and its now available in teh git repo.

Thanks for reporting that!

Hey Dough,

I'd really like to use the Buff Infection mod, but I'm having some trouble. I get the attached error upon loading in. I've also transcribed it below, since the red text can be difficult to read.

ERR XML loader: Loading XML patch file 'buffs.xml' from mod 'Doughs Buff Infection' failed:
XmlException: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 61, position 7.

I apologize if this has been addressed in the forum, but a quick glance through the latest couple pages didn't have anything. I look forward to trying this mod though!

Thank you

EDIT: Oh heck, just saw the poster above me lol. Rip, sorry

Capture.PNG

Edited by Galexy (see edit history)

22 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

That is excellent information!  I ran some tests and it didn't seem to use up much more memory on the client side, and,  other than taking a little bit longer to load the game, didn't seem to have any harmful effects (which is why I cranked it up to almost 5000 zeds, to really get the "randomness in. I found when you want the names to be "fun and interesting" you really needed a whole lot of zeds to make the effect complete.  It was no fun getting the same 5 "burnt zombies" when you were in a place that spawns specific zombies.).  Besides getting "maximum" random zombie property generation, the name/localization just seemed to make it fun as you (well, I) would spend a little bit trying *not* to kill the zed attacking me so I could try to read the name :).

Anyway, thanks for the info, and let me know if you have any more issues/input with these!

I'll get some ~400 zed ones generated, and maybe a 2500 one so people can choose what works for their games.  Did you load the animal packs as well with this?

Also: I test them out and play them a little but unless I see some nasty/bad edge cases (legless zombie running, etc) I usually leave the minor bugs alone until I can work on it again.  I blindly pulled the name generation from various massive lists so I'm not sure how well it all turned out. Having teh name be seen when "lootable" is a great idea.  Is that mod one publicly available on the forums?

Yes I was using both the animals ones as well, still am. And my modified version that has a little over 400 zeds. Really love the added variety. I imagine seeing the name after they die is a lot like checking their wallet for their ID. As for the lootable zombies showing the name mod. I found that one on Nexus Mods. Idk if it's against the rules to post links like that but it is called A16 Style Zombie Loot for A19.1 by PerpetualHappiness. 

I wonder if it would be possible to apply names via localization to the vanilla zombies as well?

As a server host, I was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to make multiple localization files so I can switch them out every week or few days to create the illusion of many more new zombies than there actually are. 

What's weird is my server panel never showed ram or cpu usage above 80% when trying to log in with the 4920 zed version. But I let it sit for more than a half hour and it never loaded in or progressed past the same point on 3 tries. 

I'm incredibly grateful to you for all your mods, my server is using 10 of them right now. Though technically all of them that needed it have been converted to be server side only. Aramus helped with the Rabbit of Caerbannog. 

2 hours ago, Galexy said:

Hey Dough,

I'd really like to use the Buff Infection mod, but I'm having some trouble. I get the attached error upon loading in. I've also transcribed it below, since the red text can be difficult to read.

ERR XML loader: Loading XML patch file 'buffs.xml' from mod 'Doughs Buff Infection' failed:
XmlException: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 61, position 7.

I apologize if this has been addressed in the forum, but a quick glance through the latest couple pages didn't have anything. I look forward to trying this mod though!

Thank you

EDIT: Oh heck, just saw the poster above me lol. Rip, sorry

Capture.PNG

I thought I had posted about this problem. It was a simple typo on line 60 at the end actually. Looks like dough was in the middle of editing and something got deleted.

It read: 

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$infectionMaxDuration" operation="set" value="s-->

when i believe it meant to read:

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$infectionMaxDuration" operation="set" value="1800">

But correct me if I'm wrong there. That's what I've been using on my server and am loving it.

*Edit* Didn't see you already put out a fix. Thanks for being awesome Doughphungus!

Edited by magejosh (see edit history)

16 hours ago, magejosh said:

I wonder if it would be possible to apply names via localization to the vanilla zombies as well?

There's a "general name" localization mod by @ztensity to handle the vanilla ones, albeit its "normal, sane" naming and not "silly" naming like the randomizer has. 

Part of the issue trying to add silly names to the vanilla zeds would be (philosophically) making modifications to the vanilla zeds, and I wanted to keep the randomizer from touching anything about anything already loaded in game.  I was hoping (and have done some tests) to be able to clone *any* entity loaded, even from the Creature packs, Sorcery, Snufkins, etc.  but its not working perfectly yet and I'm not sure why yet. On the technical side it would be more code to maintain, and the code is pretty...ugly and sphagetti like already :)  I'm considering it a prototype for now and if I can get it all working like I want I'll likely modularize and dockerize it so its easier to maintain/extend, and people on everyone can run it via Docker without doing any special installs.

As a server host, I was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to make multiple localization files so I can switch them out every week or few days to create the illusion of many more new zombies than there actually are.

This would be a cool idea!  The only difficulties I can think of are:

The Randomizer makes completely randomized *entity class names* each time it runs :(.  This is by design as doing it this way is lazier on my part and less code to maintain. This means that if you run it the first time, you may have an "DoughsR101_animalZombieVultureRadiated", but the second time that entity class might not be in there (e.g. you might get a "DoughsR101_animalBoar".  Notice how the "101" is ties to a different animal? The "101" is the counter that is incremented on every clone to keel them all random.  Since the localization is tied to the entity class name, the localization file(s) that are generated from multiple runs isn't compatible with any other generated modlet than the one it was generated with.

Anyway, The easiest? way to get around it (from your side) would be to write a script to parse the Loacalization.txt file in the randomizer and change the names. Of course, you'd have to find a way to generate a bunch of names (ugh) so "easiest" being not super easy :)  The easiest way (on my side) would be to generate multiple Localization.txt files when the script runs (Localization.txt.1, Localization.txt.2....), tied to that specific modlet generation.  I'll see if this is something I can add in as an "option" (meaning you could choose to generate 10 or 100 extra Localization files).  I have some plans on making the names more "random" so they don't all follow the same predictable format, like maybe some names like "The Terrible Steven" or something, so I'll look into adding this then.

What's weird is my server panel never showed ram or cpu usage above 80% when trying to log in with the 4920 zed version. But I let it sit for more than a half hour and it never loaded in or progressed past the same point on 3 tries.

I wonder if there is some low internal limit on the server for a maximum size of file transfers to the client (like in bytes)?  Maybe it's applicable to only Localization.txt, since it was recently added?  I've read int eh forums about TFP not wanting to send things to the client ( like icons/resources) for security reasons...so maybe they were conscious of someone trying to blow up a client by sending them a file of infinite size, and added limits?

I'm incredibly grateful to you for all your mods, my server is using 10 of them right now. Though technically all of them that needed it have been converted to be server side only. Aramus helped with the Rabbit of Caerbannog. 

Thanks! I'm glad people are getting some use out of them besides myself :)  I saw the rabbit conversion one.  It looks great! I haven't played the Snufkins PLUS pack yet, but I am planning on it.  The grenade -> snowball conversion for server side is hilarious :)

And my modified version that has a little over 400 zeds.

@magejosh I added a pre-generated zombie only modlet with only 492 zeds, that hopefully will be server-side safe.  I'll try to keep generating one of these as I make updates.  I'm hoping to find out if there is a limit on file sizes which I can use instead as a generation limiter.

This might be a dumb Q so my bad, but my mod-usage experience is very limited and I have 0 coding knowledge.

How do I know the Buff Infection mod is working? I'm not seeing any yellow text in the log indicating it has installed, which I've seen with other mods. I ran around getting infected several times and calculated the total time needed to reach 100%, and each time it was 3 irl hours.

I've done the same thing with every other mod I've used: unpacked the .zip into the Mod folder. So what am I missing? Is there some other indicator (perhaps in-game) I can use to tell if it's installed?

Edited by Galexy
nitpicky about verbiage (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Galexy said:

This might be a dumb Q so my bad, but my mod-usage experience is very limited and I have 0 coding knowledge.

How do I know the Buff Infection mod is working? I'm not seeing any yellow text in the log indicating it has installed, which I've seen with other mods. I ran around getting infected several times and calculated the total time needed to reach 100%, and each time it was 3 irl hours.

I've done the same thing with every other mod I've used: unpacked the .zip into the Mod folder. So what am I missing? Is there some other indicator (perhaps in-game) I can use to tell if it's installed?

Its a totally reasonable question :) There's not really an indicator I'm aware of.  All I can come up with is:

- When you start the game ( like choose "new' or "continue" game and it starts launching), hit "F1" and a little console window pops up.  Scroll to the top of the window and it will list all the mods that it parsed/tried to load.

- When in game: Since the infection buff is pretty harsh compared to the vanilla game (and random) I just let a zed hit me until infected.  Most of the time you will see the infection counter go up within a few minutes, or it will start out at like 0.4% instead of 0.1% because the time so short to get to 100%

I had trouble testing this mod too, because I didn't want to give any clues as to "how much time you had" in order to make it a bit terrifying to get infected (well, if you don't want to die).  Because of this, I have 2 lines in the mod that I commented out that would tell me how much infection was applied when hit so I knew it was working.  I would really prefer if you didn't know the "% infected" and instead maybe had some sort of "fever intensity/sickness indicator"...but that's a lot more work and messing with a game mechanic so I left it alone.

Anyway, this is *supposed* to be the randomness probability:

15% chance of having 3 hours (10800 seconds) [real time]
 20% chance of having 2 hours (7200 seconds)
 25% chance of having 1.5 hours (5400 seconds)
 25% chance of having 1 hour (3600 seconds)
 10% chance of having 45 minutes (2700 seconds)
 5% chance of having 30 minutes (1800 seconds)

Its possible that you got super unlucky, but maybe its not working properly.  The fact that it took 3 hours (to me) indicates the mod is loaded as vanilla is like 7 hours (real time) I think.

I'll run some more tests to see if its working as expected.  Its possible the "infection roll counter" is not resetting properly, so once it picks a "time" it stays with that time

10 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

There's a "general name" localization mod by @ztensity to handle the vanilla ones, albeit its "normal, sane" naming and not "silly" naming like the randomizer has. 

Part of the issue trying to add silly names to the vanilla zeds would be (philosophically) making modifications to the vanilla zeds, and I wanted to keep the randomizer from touching anything about anything already loaded in game.  I was hoping (and have done some tests) to be able to clone *any* entity loaded, even from the Creature packs, Sorcery, Snufkins, etc.  but its not working perfectly yet and I'm not sure why yet. On the technical side it would be more code to maintain, and the code is pretty...ugly and sphagetti like already :)  I'm considering it a prototype for now and if I can get it all working like I want I'll likely modularize and dockerize it so its easier to maintain/extend, and people on everyone can run it via Docker without doing any special installs.

This would be a cool idea!  The only difficulties I can think of are:

The Randomizer makes completely randomized *entity class names* each time it runs :(.  This is by design as doing it this way is lazier on my part and less code to maintain. This means that if you run it the first time, you may have an "DoughsR101_animalZombieVultureRadiated", but the second time that entity class might not be in there (e.g. you might get a "DoughsR101_animalBoar".  Notice how the "101" is ties to a different animal? The "101" is the counter that is incremented on every clone to keel them all random.  Since the localization is tied to the entity class name, the localization file(s) that are generated from multiple runs isn't compatible with any other generated modlet than the one it was generated with.

Anyway, The easiest? way to get around it (from your side) would be to write a script to parse the Loacalization.txt file in the randomizer and change the names. Of course, you'd have to find a way to generate a bunch of names (ugh) so "easiest" being not super easy :)  The easiest way (on my side) would be to generate multiple Localization.txt files when the script runs (Localization.txt.1, Localization.txt.2....), tied to that specific modlet generation.  I'll see if this is something I can add in as an "option" (meaning you could choose to generate 10 or 100 extra Localization files).  I have some plans on making the names more "random" so they don't all follow the same predictable format, like maybe some names like "The Terrible Steven" or something, so I'll look into adding this then.

I wonder if there is some low internal limit on the server for a maximum size of file transfers to the client (like in bytes)?  Maybe it's applicable to only Localization.txt, since it was recently added?  I've read int eh forums about TFP not wanting to send things to the client ( like icons/resources) for security reasons...so maybe they were conscious of someone trying to blow up a client by sending them a file of infinite size, and added limits?

Thanks! I'm glad people are getting some use out of them besides myself :)  I saw the rabbit conversion one.  It looks great! I haven't played the Snufkins PLUS pack yet, but I am planning on it.  The grenade -> snowball conversion for server side is hilarious :)

Yes, I definitely went for more "lore friendly" / "sane" / vanilla" / "normal" / "standard" names for the zombies. I'm certainly open to suggestions to updating certain names to make it more immersive, as that's the intent of my mods.

As for other mods, it's 100% possible for me to create localizations upon request.

As far as your randomizer, @doughphunghus, does it have a preset amount of "coded names like ""DoughsR101_animalBoar" that then get randomized to "Wild Boar" or "Boar"? I don't think I 100% understand how the mod works.

17 hours ago, ztensity said:

Yes, I definitely went for more "lore friendly" / "sane" / vanilla" / "normal" / "standard" names for the zombies. I'm certainly open to suggestions to updating certain names to make it more immersive, as that's the intent of my mods.

As for other mods, it's 100% possible for me to create localizations upon request.

As far as your randomizer, @doughphunghus, does it have a preset amount of "coded names like ""DoughsR101_animalBoar" that then get randomized to "Wild Boar" or "Boar"? I don't think I 100% understand how the mod works.

Nope :( the codes names are not hard coded or preset. It works the worst possible way, as it was thrown together quickly.  Basically it auto generates the code names and it does this in a different , random order every time. I figured every release of the game could have any amount of changes to it. So you’d never be able to use an older version of my generated zeds and know it would work 100%, so I didn’t bother trying to make sure the names were always the same on each generation. 

this sounds like another feature to add in. It won’t work 100%, especially if TFP adds or removed a single entity or renames one, but it might make it easier to do the localization tricks with different generation runs when the base game version is the same. I’ll see if I can add sorting and “more standard naming practice” into it. No promises on this one though :)

If anyone’s curious: I’m using Unsorted data from an xml

Parser , then cramming it into hashes (unaorted), then just looping through the hash keys, making up new clones and names as it goes. 

for those who don’t mess with this stuff: there’s a lot of things not being sorted going on all over the place, thus making the end result work, just not in any standard/reliable way ;)