Doughs modlets

doughphunghus

On 10/8/2020 at 1:30 PM, Taylorsd said:

Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies to see how to make Z's using just the game base models and only changing settings. No modeling required :) if your still looking at  keeping up with UMA Zombies modlet

I'm checking it out :) I'm working on getting my randomizer to randomize UMA related things.  If I can get something to work I'll update it.  I've got some other fixes I want to add in, like random Localization, so instead of seeing "DoughsR_3455_ZombieBoe" (or whatever) as the name in game it might say something like "Rotten ZombieBoe" or "Putrid Sarah" or "Buttugly Meat Sack".  Then you can also use your own word files if you want to randomly generate whatever names you want :) I'm going for the old "Garbage Pail Kids" as look/feel to see how it works.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

Added Modlet: Screamers - Spawn - More

Summary: Inspired by JaWoodle's "Silent Hill" series ;) and a post by @Doomofman

Adds screamer zombies to more spawn groups (currently adds to *all* spawn groups!).

Note: Lightly tested.  Will clean up modlet if I get feedback it's too much/many or doing a modlet this sloppy causes some issue with the game :)

On 9/12/2020 at 8:52 PM, xxx73 said:

Nice work, love the sound mod :)

@xxx73 - FYI: I just updated :)  There's a lot of configs to change the "pitch variance" of a lot of sounds (most seem to sound OK. I have not tested them all) and Just added more remixed sounds:

Block/Item | Type | Sounds added
stone | Destroying | 6
wood | Destroying | 7
metal | Destroying | 2
cloth | Destroying | 3
door(wood) | Opening+Closing | 10
door(metal) | Opening+Closing | 12

Recent modlet updates of significance not mentioned in above posts:

Modlet: Add more common sounds - Added 39 more sounds. Added a lot of sound pitch changes + variation spread to other sounds. Please let me know if you hear something that sounds a little too weird/off!

Updated A fork of KHelldons a17 modlets

- Modlet: Khelldon-RebarCrossBowBolts - Small fixes. Should work better in a19+

- Modlet: Khelldon-GetFramed - Small fixes. Should work better in a19+

- Modlet: Khelldon-GetPiggy - Bone and general harvesting now works. Pig sounds broke and were migrated to stag sounds for now. Thanks to @xxx73 for reporting issues!

- Modlet: Khelldon-ScreamerBears - Small fixes. Bone harvesting now works. Should work better in a19+

- Modlet: Khelldon-StarterCrate is now working for a19+

Modlet: Remove The Map is now working for a19+

56 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

@xxx73 - FYI: I just updated :)  There's a lot of configs to change the "pitch variance" of a lot of sounds (most seem to sound OK. I have not tested them all) and Just added more remixed sounds:

Block/Item | Type | Sounds added
stone | Destroying | 6
wood | Destroying | 7
metal | Destroying | 2
cloth | Destroying | 3
door(wood) | Opening+Closing | 10
door(metal) | Opening+Closing | 12

Thanks for the update, downloading now :)

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Can you do 8 mod slots, please?

I’ll see if I can.  The ui stuff is not easy to mess with, and even if it works it can look “wonky” when trying to get it into the vanilla ui.  I put in some requests to TFP a long time ago to make certain ui elements “auto scroll” with a scroll bar  like the recipes window and the backpack window if they got full , visually , and I haven’t seen traction on it. Meaning: if a modder added more slots, it would show the vanilla slots but add a scroll bar.  If no modder added slots, then there would be no scroll bar.  This way vanilla would not change look/feel unless it was modded, and then the icons would be the same size and anyone could easily add any amount of slots they wanted. I feel , before going in and attempting it, that adding more mod slots will be a similar struggle as TFP doesn’t likely already have that to be a scroll like area in the ui.

anyway, I’ll give it a shot (a slot?) when I get some time and update here. 

@CrazyAluminum = 8 mod slot, 'initial test"...

So, I was able to get 8 slots "there" and I hacked at it until I found a way to get the crossbow string to be a "gun" mod, just to prove it would install and show up in the 7the slot.  However, a lot of things are coming to mind and I'm not sure that any? weapons would accept > 6 mods in vanilla with vanilla mods.  And would their effects actually work? I don't know...But... to add more mods to the extra slots you'd have to:

- Mod the gun/item to have 8 slots.

- Make a item_modifier (a mod) that somehow fits into the gun that already has all its "parts" filled.  I'm not sure how easy this is, but something like "burning bullets" or better aiming or something might be doable, but I don't think "visually" you'll be able to add a mod to a gun ( so like a handgun has a tripod or 2 lasers or something).  But that's just me thinking about vanilla guns only allowing a certain number of items to occupy space on the gun (visually)

Anyway, without trying to make it look "good", or even knowing if it works at all, here's what it looks like on screen.  Still interested?  I might be able to throw together a mod that would just "allow" 8 mod slots (with the wonky pop out on the right for every item?  I believe I could only have 6 slots in the top part and it would be ok, just a visual thing (mod 7 + 8 would exist you just couldn't see them), and when you mod the item it would go into the extra slots on the left side), and then leave it up to you/others to make mods to fit into them/test/etc as I'm not sure what mods would/could be made. I don't think there's going to be a good way to get the extra slots to "fit" in the vanilla UI.

Screenshot_from_2020-10-22_20-00-30.png

On 10/9/2020 at 9:51 PM, doughphunghus said:

Added Modlet: Screamers - Spawn - More

Summary: Inspired by JaWoodle's "Silent Hill" series ;) and a post by @Doomofman

Adds screamer zombies to more spawn groups (currently adds to *all* spawn groups!).

Note: Lightly tested.  Will clean up modlet if I get feedback it's too much/many or doing a modlet this sloppy causes some issue with the game :)

I'm assuming the different commented out levels of spawn rates are to make it easy for users to decide which level they want, or if they don't touch it then there's just that single line of added probability that's uncommented at the top of the xml?

6 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

@CrazyAluminum = 8 mod slot, 'initial test"...

So, I was able to get 8 slots "there" and I hacked at it until I found a way to get the crossbow string to be a "gun" mod, just to prove it would install and show up in the 7the slot.  However, a lot of things are coming to mind and I'm not sure that any? weapons would accept > 6 mods in vanilla with vanilla mods.  And would their effects actually work? I don't know...But... to add more mods to the extra slots you'd have to:

- Mod the gun/item to have 8 slots.

- Make a item_modifier (a mod) that somehow fits into the gun that already has all its "parts" filled.  I'm not sure how easy this is, but something like "burning bullets" or better aiming or something might be doable, but I don't think "visually" you'll be able to add a mod to a gun ( so like a handgun has a tripod or 2 lasers or something).  But that's just me thinking about vanilla guns only allowing a certain number of items to occupy space on the gun (visually)

Anyway, without trying to make it look "good", or even knowing if it works at all, here's what it looks like on screen.  Still interested?  I might be able to throw together a mod that would just "allow" 8 mod slots (with the wonky pop out on the right for every item?  I believe I could only have 6 slots in the top part and it would be ok, just a visual thing (mod 7 + 8 would exist you just couldn't see them), and when you mod the item it would go into the extra slots on the left side), and then leave it up to you/others to make mods to fit into them/test/etc as I'm not sure what mods would/could be made. I don't think there's going to be a good way to get the extra slots to "fit" in the vanilla UI.

Screenshot_from_2020-10-22_20-00-30.png

I have a 96 slot backpack and 80% UI size

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

15 hours ago, magejosh said:

I'm assuming the different commented out levels of spawn rates are to make it easy for users to decide which level they want, or if they don't touch it then there's just that single line of added probability that's uncommented at the top of the xml?

sort of :) I was originally trying to determine a good "spawn rate" for each spawn group that was not "specialized" spawn groups ) like animal group spawns.  This is because each spawn group has X number of zeds in it, sometimes with probabilities that are not "1".  After messing with it, I said "hmmm, what if I just added it into *every group* and made it a 1 line modlet just to see if it will work well enough, as this is easily maintainable".  I commented out all the original code in case I needed to go back and use it.

But: Yeah, you can also uncomment it and try out whatever you like!  If you do and find some good "numbers" to use, let me know and I'll update my modlet (and possibly use your settings as I have not yet played the modlet in one of my personal games :)).  Originally I thought just "have a lot of screamers" was the goal but now I find out that the JaWoodle stream had some additional changes to them which I'll probably try to add based on some comments.  But I don't really have any idea what settings to use (like spawn rates, etc)

yeah, i can't seem to cause them to actually summon wandering hordes, but they are definitely spawning in more often even in pois. Pretty sure the scream that summons is somewhere else in the code. Haven't been able to find it yet. Had considered just making the heatmap rise faster.

@CrazyAluminum

Give it a shot and let me know if it works as desired: Doughs-UI-Add-2ModSlots

Direct download: v0.0.1.zip

Check out the docs.  Tier 1 and 2 items still have 1,2 slots.  !f an item has 0 slots or an odd slot config)in vanilla it will get 0 slots or keep its odd slot config.

If an item was modified for 8 slots, the "item tier -> slots available" is:

1,2,3,4,5,6 -> 1,2,4,5,7,8

Here's a screenshot of a tier 6 sniper rifle, with vanilla mods only

Let me know if this works like you were imagining/needing or if tweaks are needed!  Currently I'm considering it "beta" until I get some user/player feedback as its not a mod I plan on using for my personal games.

Screenshot_from_2020-10-24_00-52-32.png

10 hours ago, magejosh said:

yeah, i can't seem to cause them to actually summon wandering hordes, but they are definitely spawning in more often even in pois. Pretty sure the scream that summons is somewhere else in the code. Haven't been able to find it yet. Had considered just making the heatmap rise faster.

I've got some stuff I'm trying but it's still failing. If you can find something that works, let me know and I'll add it to the mod.

FYI: I have a pipe bomb modlet that one of its' purposes (side effects?) is that you can easy and relatively cheaply (materials wise) craft "plastic" pipe bombs for luring zeds out of houses (they don't do much damage) however, every one blowing up adds 5% to the heat map, so another side effect is you can call screamers with them and not waste bullets or have to have forges nearby.

See that's something i was thinking about, just raising the heatmap generation. I was wondering about a simple method of just increasing the heatmap generated by candles or campfires. Was leaning to campfires if I can figure out how to make them set you on fire for walking on them again too.  Also if it was campfires it will make cooking more dangerous which will add an interesting level of challenge for food needs early game.

1 hour ago, doughphunghus said:

@CrazyAluminum

Give it a shot and let me know if it works as desired: Doughs-UI-Add-2ModSlots

Direct download: v0.0.1.zip

Check out the docs.  Tier 1 and 2 items still have 1,2 slots.  !f an item has 0 slots or an odd slot config)in vanilla it will get 0 slots or keep its odd slot config.

If an item was modified for 8 slots, the "item tier -> slots available" is:

1,2,3,4,5,6 -> 1,2,4,5,7,8

Here's a screenshot of a tier 6 sniper rifle, with vanilla mods only

Let me know if this works like you were imagining/needing or if tweaks are needed!  Currently I'm considering it "beta" until I get some user/player feedback as its not a mod I plan on using for my personal games.

Screenshot_from_2020-10-24_00-52-32.png

I've got some stuff I'm trying but it's still failing. If you can find something that works, let me know and I'll add it to the mod.

FYI: I have a pipe bomb modlet that one of its' purposes (side effects?) is that you can easy and relatively cheaply (materials wise) craft "plastic" pipe bombs for luring zeds out of houses (they don't do much damage) however, every one blowing up adds 5% to the heat map, so another side effect is you can call screamers with them and not waste bullets or have to have forges nearby.

It cannot fail to work, I use 1,2,3,4,5,6 -> 8,8,8,8,8,8A19.2_2020-10-24_09-20-34.thumb.jpg.ecc5506c42fe2994cb13757a413d1ef5.jpg

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

8 hours ago, magejosh said:

See that's something i was thinking about, just raising the heatmap generation. I was wondering about a simple method of just increasing the heatmap generated by candles or campfires. Was leaning to campfires if I can figure out how to make them set you on fire for walking on them again too.  Also if it was campfires it will make cooking more dangerous which will add an interesting level of challenge for food needs early game.

I have not tested it, but I believe to get the campfire to apply burning, you'll have to have it apply a buff.  I looked at other blocks in teh game, and adding buffs to a block is a little different than an item.

Try adding this to the campfire block as a test and see if it sets you/zeds on fire when they walk over it:

<property name="BuffsWhenWalkedOn" value="buffBurningEnvironment"/>

And I'm guessing, but to make the campfire "raise the heat map quicker" you probably want to change this line:

<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="5"/>

The forge is:

<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="6"/>

so maybe set it to 10?  I'm not sure how fast you want 1 campfire to raise the heat level.  There's a console command, in the game, if you put it into debug mode where you can see the heat level, but I'm not sure what level(s) causes screamers to come out.

3 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

I have not tested it, but I believe to get the campfire to apply burning, you'll have to have it apply a buff.  I looked at other blocks in teh game, and adding buffs to a block is a little different than an item.

Try adding this to the campfire block as a test and see if it sets you/zeds on fire when they walk over it:

<property name="BuffsWhenWalkedOn" value="buffBurningEnvironment"/>

And I'm guessing, but to make the campfire "raise the heat map quicker" you probably want to change this line:

<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="5"/>

The forge is:

<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="6"/>

so maybe set it to 10?  I'm not sure how fast you want 1 campfire to raise the heat level.  There's a console command, in the game, if you put it into debug mode where you can see the heat level, but I'm not sure what level(s) causes screamers to come out.

Ok so i tried to add it into my death by campfire mod and it took a couple tries but I got it working by appending the xpath rather than set xpath which is how i raised the heatmap for the campfire. Still didn't summon a screamer in though so idk if i'm really affecting the heatmap strength. Hitting f8 twice in dm isn't showing anything other than fps. 

251570_20201024135757_1.png

6 hours ago, Davidos667 said:

After installing the 'You've got mail' mod, for some reason I can only find the geocaching maps anywhere. Haven't bumped into a single treasure map.
What could be the issue here?

I don't see anything where I messed with vanilla treasure maps, the mod is mostly adding new items to existing groups and looting groups.  If it changes any vanilla loot groups, it usually just ends up diluting out the vanilla loot (because I'm adding more items).  The best I can figure out is I made the geocaching maps show up too frequently, so you're finding them more than you should, vs. the vanilla treasure maps being missing or diluted out too much.

The more I look at it, when I added the geocaching map concept I just wanted to start making treasure/looting/dig quests as a template for making a lot more quests (stories that went with it, with a quest as part of it).  The geocaching is the only map I have in there right now, but I added it to several loot groups (you can find it in dressers, desks, places where paper is found, etc) at too high a probability.  Thanks for the input!  I'll make some adjustments to it.  I want the geocaching maps to show up rather rarely, like you might find one every few days, maybe, with heavy looting.  I was planning on putting them into some books so when you scrapped them a treasure map popped out, or something.

Unless I play it in my own games (which I do, but I haven't had a lot of looting going on currently) its hard to pin down how to get the loot spawning numbers right on new stuff.

2 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

That's weird.  When I hit f8 twice in debug mode, I see the heat map info pop up above the FPS, (in green text ).  I tried on a19 and a19.2 b4

It is, I've seen it work before. Will track that down after work.

I set it to a heatmap strength of 33 and didn't see a single screamer after 15 minutes burn time.