A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

NPC trader or creaturePack trader? NPC modlet is faction based targeting and i bet I didnt update those.

I pushed an update that added some birds and bats, minor fixes to some humans and animals too.

I'm only using NPC mod and creature pack, so I guess wandering traders can only come from creature pack.

I'm only using NPC mod and creature pack, so I guess wandering traders can only come from creature pack.

I can confirm. Its odd, as both the fox and the spiders share the same class, which is how they are targeted, yet the traders attack the fox and not the spiders. I dont see anything different yet but will continue to investigate.

I can confirm. Its odd, as both the fox and the spiders share the same class, which is how they are targeted, yet the traders attack the fox and not the spiders. I dont see anything different yet but will continue to investigate.

I uninstalled A better life and only used this last version of creature pack with added birds to avoid those console errors. It seems like some birds in this creature pack don't attack either. They can follow me, but they don't attack. It would make sense that not all birds are hostile, but if they keep following you around it feels like the intent was probably that they will attack players, but they don't. I wouldn't mind peaceful birds though, that would be a nice addition. Also spiders actually don't attack the player and they don't attack npcs either - despite my virtual arachnophobia, I decided to go ahead and actually approach them and unlike the robots, spiders don't seem to be interested in attacking me at all. (Although, I feel like they will start attacking me soon enough after this report lol).

What kind of fight actually does happen is a fight between npcs (those that can be hired) and demolisher zombies. I saw an NPC who was trying to shoot demolisher zombie and NPC shot his button and triggered the explosion so both demolisher and NPC died right in front of my eyes and one of them dropped a loot bag so after watching this pretty cool fight (I wish there was more of them), I checked the loot bag and there was a pistol, some ammo and some other cool stuff. That was the first night, although not sure why there were demolishers so early, probably one of the mods that I installed recently made that modification, but it was still pretty cool to see.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

The birds includes so far are all passive. They should not follow you except very very rarely, assuming you have the latest release. They only see 1 block at a 1 degree angle, and I spawned hundreds and road around without them attacking. If they do attack they will not harm you, kind of like how small birds harass larger birds the wander into their area. If you get a different behavior with the latest build let me know.

Speaking of robots... Is THIS supposed to happen? Maybe it's not the best shot, but what happened there is basically a fight between two different robots. By the way the robot with electric shocks defeated that other robot with lightsaber and he also killed that zombie nearby while on it...

bIRxubK.png

Speaking of robots... Is THIS supposed to happen? Maybe it's not the best shot, but what happened there is basically a fight between two different robots. By the way the robot with electric shocks defeated that other robot with lightsaber and he also killed that zombie nearby while on it...

bIRxubK.png

Haha. Its working like the XML says it should, but I should probably make it so they don't kill everything around including other robots. I'm not sure what mechs ought to be doing actually, are they programmed for killing anything that moves? Just undead? What purpose did they have before the apocalypse?

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Haha. Its working like the XML says it should, but I should probably make it so they don't kill everything around including other robots. I'm not sure what mechs ought to be doing actually, are they programmed for killing anything that moves? Just undead? What purpose did they have before the apocalypse?

Oh man, you shouldn't have asked, this just brings so many ideas to my mind. Well, I know I couldn't make them happen, but maybe you can...

So... Since that bigger one looks similar to those robobrain robots from the Fallout universe, I imagine it would make sense that some, if not all of these robots were top secret military weapons, but who knows what kind of original purpose or programming they had and most importantly, were they programmed properly in the first place? Did bandits try to hack them to mess with their code over time in attempt to make them fight by their side? Was the code of these robots even finished before the outbreak? Were these robots created secretly in hope to kill all the infected before the zombie virus spreads further? And how come you killed so many of them and they still keep coming? Is there a factory that secretly creates more units of these robots to this day? And if so, who operates it? All sorts of unexpected things can happen when you meet these robots. Every robot encounter is like an open ended mini story which can end differently. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were actually even friendly, maybe because their function which makes them attack people wasn't quite finished yet, perhaps they can be still reprogrammed to help you in fight if you have the right skill and necessary tools, of course you will most likely need to study some books about robots first, because trying to hack the robot without proper tools and/or knowledge can be lethal for those who try... Hopefully my imagination will inspire you at least a little bit... :D

EDIT: Xyth! Imagine flying robots like drones! That would be quite a unique addition. Probably operated by bandits who figured out an effective way to spy and attack other survivors from above!

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

@Xyth: Try swinging a club at the nanny goat's head. Won't connect until you aim crosshairs at base of the neck (where it joins body). Almost like the hitbox for the head doesn't exist, or there is a glitch with certain weapons...

Lovin the pack so far, although with the robots I wish there was a way to restrict their spawning to certain POIs only. In example, ANY of the Red Mesa, military outposts, or:

SevenSaryns Cyberdyne

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/346

NAGG Community's Colony Ship AND Ryan's UFO

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/472

Eihwaz' n' Friendz GSS Bifrost

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?154977-Eihwaz%B4n%B4Friendz-Modlet-Collection

On another line of thought - does anyone know if the hovering bots trigger mines?

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

Goat head collider fixed.

@Xyth: Thanks m8!

Noticed the artic fox was too aggressive for a non-rabid/zombified version. I changed its extends to animalTemplateTimid so it will run away from player. Also replaced EntityPlayer with EntityAnimalChicken in its AI tasks, alongside the EntityAnimalRabbit. Reasoning: only cornered or rabid foxes will attack something larger than itself, but should have no issues eating cats, raiding rabbit hutches or chicken coops. Racoons would behave similarly if they are added in for more temperate climates.

Was considering adding an AI task to the goat so it eats(1 pt block damage, ApproachAndAttackTarget) random paper trash decor and garbage pile blocks. Something similar for corpse blocks with carrion eaters such as crows/vultures would be cool too...

I'm not sure what mechs ought to be doing actually, are they programmed for killing anything that moves? Just undead? What purpose did they have before the apocalypse?

Prototype anti-zed mechs released too late, as a last ditch effort at perimeter defense of installations vs zombie hordes. Some were remotely piloted, as drones clearing heavily zed infested areas, by troops stationed in bunkers. Unpiloted mechs patrol predefined GPS coordinates, attacking any moving humanoid face who does not throw off a minimal body heat signature(motion sensor+facial recognition+infrared sensor).

They would need to recharge and refill munitions at the end of their duty cycle(automated ammo hopper and charging station?). Obviously sensors can get damaged or covered, meaning mechs go after non-combatants if not properly maintained.

In an earlier version I could make the spiders attack on sight, but now it seems it just won't work. They will only attack if they are hurt by the player. My friend with arachnophobia just ignores the spiders because he knows they won't attack. Can this be changed somehow?

Edit: Ok, I renamed the extending type to zombieTemplateMale and now the spiders attack on sight ^^

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

@Xyth: Thanks m8!

Noticed the artic fox was too aggressive for a non-rabid/zombified version. I changed its extends to animalTemplateTimid so it will run away from player. Also replaced EntityPlayer with EntityAnimalChicken in its AI tasks, alongside the EntityAnimalRabbit. Reasoning: only cornered or rabid foxes will attack something larger than itself, but should have no issues eating cats, raiding rabbit hutches or chicken coops. Racoons would behave similarly if they are added in for more temperate climates.

Was considering adding an AI task to the goat so it eats(1 pt block damage, ApproachAndAttackTarget) random paper trash decor and garbage pile blocks. Something similar for corpse blocks with carrion eaters such as crows/vultures would be cool too...

I'm not sure how you added EntityAnimalChicken ( I got an NRE) as that class isn't in the assembly as far as i can tell. Rabbits and chicken use the rabbitclass. I also changed the survivors to use the stagclass, as it has a better collider setup.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

I'm not sure how you added EntityAnimalChicken ( I got an NRE) as that class isn't in the assembly as far as i can tell. Rabbits and chicken use the rabbitclass.

My bad, you are entirely right. Glad snake worked out instead. Behaviour is not quite what I'd like, so will continue to play around with AITarget and AITask a bit more.

My bad, you are entirely right. Glad snake worked out instead. Behaviour is not quite what I'd like, so will continue to play around with AITarget and AITask a bit more.

I redid the targeting, no snake was used. The current targeting seems to test out well.

• xyth pinned and unpinned this topic
  • xyth locked this topic