A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

Planning on adding back the UMA bandits as a separate modlet?

SphereII and i discussed that but it cant be done for vanilla, it would need new code and DMT to work.

My question to you is, why bother? These new bandits are far more feature packed. They ragdoll, react to damage location, have gore, move smoothly, etc. Only advantage the old UMAs had was they could be easily skinned.

The only difference between these bandits (and survivors, traders etc) from the ones planned by TFP for after gold is they will add new AI tasks. However, using DMT we are adding new AI tasks ourselves.

SphereII and i discussed that but it cant be done for vanilla, it would need new code and DMT to work.

My question to you is, why bother? These new bandits are far more feature packed. They ragdoll, react to damage location, have gore, move smoothly, etc. Only advantage the old UMAs had was they could be easily skinned.

The only difference between these bandits (and survivors, traders etc) from the ones planned by TFP for after gold is they will add new AI tasks. However, using DMT we are adding new AI tasks ourselves.

For me I like the look of the UMA bandits in the sense that they seem to fit better in the game imo, with the character model being UMA after all.

First impression: entity hit boxes may need more work, but it could just be MY low quality weapons+no skill points, yet. Will level up some and test more. Anyone else confirm?

P.S. - Nothing more humiliating than being killed by a bandit baker, unless there are bandit Italian plumbers in blue overalls with sledgehammers?

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

First impression: entity hit boxes may need more work, but it could just be MY low quality weapons+no skill points, yet. Will level up some and test more. Anyone else confirm?

P.S. - Nothing more humiliating than being killed by a bandit baker, unless there are bandit Italian plumbers in blue overalls with sledgehammers?

Hit boxes should be perfect, as each limb has a custom collider. so 11 total colliders plus one for largeentitycollisions. The spherebot and the swarms both have very small hit boxes intentionally. Let me know if you experience anything else.

Pushed updates to humans and Mechs. mechs had major issues but should be fixed.

Been pushing new versions, most recent added 3 new spiders to the animalpack. Improved human walk animations, and added 2 test banditEves that use the ranged class rather than vomit class so are scary accurate. As they are baanditclass entities the are not in the spawngroups as they will NRE if they enter a trader protection zone.

try to get it on my MP server....

all time

nullreferenceexception object reference not set to an instance of an object.

some one can help ?

Sure, but we will need more information. Please link to a copy of your game logfile. Also, just load the creature packs in your mods folder and remove all other mods then retest. Thanks.

I am using this mod with only animals and mechs and I am loving it this far. I am completely in love with the robots. They are so freaking cool and very well done!

Sadly I could not get it to work with some of the humans. The HumanBanditEve and Archer just run towards me without trying to attack me from distance. The other rifleman always miss me with their shots. But those that used the ranged class worked well though and were 100% accurate. I tried this on a new world with only these mods active.

If I add DMT mods there will be some red errors when I spawn in the bandits, so I guess they are not compatible with each other. But if I just remove the humans, it will work!

Im afraid that the ranged bandits that use the vomit class might be hopeless. The approchandattack task is what makes them aim, but then they just charge into melee without shooting. If I put the rangedattack first, they will shoot at long range, but have no aiming. I dont yet see a way to fix that as much is hardcoded by TFP.

The new bandits that use the ranged class rather than the vomit class are much better as you mentioned, but they will NRE if the touch a trader protected area. Hopefully TFP will patch that in a future release.

The only DMT "entity" mod that is compatible is the NPC modlet. Do not load the DMT bandits or traders. Those will error, and I will be removing those modlets soon.

Im afraid that the ranged bandits that use the vomit class might be hopeless. The approchandattack task is what makes them aim, but then they just charge into melee without shooting. If I put the rangedattack first, they will shoot at long range, but have no aiming. I dont yet see a way to fix that as much is hardcoded by TFP.

The new bandits that use the ranged class rather than the vomit class are much better as you mentioned, but they will NRE if the touch a trader protected area. Hopefully TFP will patch that in a future release.

The only DMT "entity" mod that is compatible is the NPC modlet. Do not load the DMT bandits or traders. Those will error, and I will be removing those modlets soon.

Hi xyth

Thank you very much for this great mod, something like that was needed, because those of TFP have not innovated anything in that regard.

I really liked animals and humans, only that bandits are something to fear.

Gouki

Started a new game with all the packs. Found a POI to make my base close to the trader. To play it safe and not get any NRE's I trapped a wandering trader in a little house I built around him. I thought he would try to break out but to my relief he's passive.

Will he or any other entity cause NRE's if he touches the trader or was that only for the old bandit class? Loving this mod btw.

I do not think any creatures will NRE except the ones that use the Class=EntityBandit. The trader should not, but the price that is paid for that is they are invulnerable. Invulnerable bandits would be very bad, right? The traders are set not to attack players, so thats the work around for Invulnerability.

says

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null

Parameter name: Name cannot be Null

https://pastebin.com/QffZhSHj

I don't see that error in the pasted log. I searched be perhaps I missed it. Please make sure you have the latest versions of the mods as we are fixing bugs as we go. I have never seen that error though.

I do not think any creatures will NRE except the ones that use the Class=EntityBandit. The trader should not, but the price that is paid for that is they are invulnerable. Invulnerable bandits would be very bad, right? The traders are set not to attack players, so thats the work around for Invulnerability.

Great, so we can still harass them! I'm kidding. :p

Xyth, assuming this is not a bug in vanilla game, one of the following mods is probably causing that Empty Cans are scrapped into item called unit_iron instead of Iron. I had some other mods installed that I thought could be causing that, but I already uninstalled them and just kept your mods for testing. Surprisingly, the bug is still present in the new world with only your mods installed, so yeah.

CE8d3FF.png

Xyth, assuming this is not a bug in vanilla game, one of the following mods is probably causing that Empty Cans are scrapped into item called unit_iron instead of Iron. I had some other mods installed that I thought could be causing that, but I already uninstalled them and just kept your mods for testing. Surprisingly, the bug is still present in the new world with only your mods installed, so yeah.

CE8d3FF.png

None of the shown mods have items in their items.xml except for entity hands. No cans. Maybe you have another mod in your mod folder?

• xyth pinned and unpinned this topic
  • xyth locked this topic