A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

Xyth, any chance you could update the nexus link aswell. I simply cant get any download to finish properly, so far ive tried mod launcher, the github client and my browser. I always get some error at the end of the download. I cant remember all of them, but for mod loader its usually a svn error or that the file is locked somehow.

Hrmm.. That doesnt sound right. Why would it work fine when it exists on both the server AND locally? (Server and local files come from the same Zip, I didn't download it separate. I even used robocopy to sync the two just to be sure.) I would think missing or corrupt files would still be missing or corrupt locally.

To be sure

I re-downloaded, ran a diff.. everything is identical.

Replaced the previous one in /mods anyway to be 100%... same results.

I also had this problem a while back and just got back to trying again... so bad download or issue with the latest version seems unlikely)

Does this look right?

0-CreaturePackHumans

478MB (501,908,999 bytes)

40 Files, 2 Folders

Are we certain that this mod should work server side only? Are any other's using this in this way?

This is the only mod I've used with a /resources folder... That seems to be the folder with an issue. That's not a problem being server side only?

It will not run serverside only. Loading .unity3d files must be on the client side and generally need to be on dedi side too. I updated the OP to add that info.

Makes sense. Issue resolved.

Thanks for the help!

Thats too bad. If I require my users to install mods locally I spend way more time on tech support trying to explain directory structure and how zip files work than playing. Maybe A19 will support server side /resources.

The modlauncher makes client installs trivial. You make a custom link to your mod configuration file and the launcher handles the rest.

Nice! I didnt realize this was a thing.

Thanks, I'll check it out but if users cant handle - Download this ONE zip and extract it to your /mods folder... I doubt this will be any easier.

But this will be a useful tool for me anyway... so Thanks again.

Now that the controller for flying enemies is sorted, expect more flying enemies in the future.

Don't go too wild though, because right now the only human being all the flying creatures including vanilla vultures attack is you as a player. Hundreds of humans from creature pack and NPC mod could be standing around you and ALL the flying creatures would still choose only you as their target...

Well we are almost ready to convert over to faction based targeting so that problem might be solved. Hopefully last bug will be fixed tomorrow and we can test that.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm not in hurry, take all the time you need, I know factions will be awesome and worth waiting for. :p

Added some Guppy Samurai characters to the fantasypack

Someone in sturdy samurai armor could also appear outside the fantasy pack. Who knows what kind of stuff were people doing / hiding in their closet before apocalypse? Regardless of its look, it's still a proper armor and as such, it should provide much better protection than usual "DIY" armor. If it works against stabbing and slashing, it should work against bites too, right?

• xyth pinned and unpinned this topic
  • xyth locked this topic