Jump to content

A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project


xyth

Recommended Posts

are there any zombies that are completely invisible with no target box? a player's base has one that we can't get rid of it seems like it's in the room we in but we can't find it i fired rifle all around the room nothing getting hit but it's hitting us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not intentionally.  I've seen that in some mods but not the creaturepacks.  Could be stuck in a wall but I never found the zombie either.  You can try using a killall command or leave the area an see if it resets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

error when loading 

wrn xml patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2-charactereffectspack" did not apply: <remove xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'npc') and not ( starts-with(@name, 'npctrader') ) ]/property[starts-with(@name, 'soundattack')]"
2021-07-08 21:45:17 
wrn xml patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2-charactereffectspack" did not apply: <remove xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'npc') and not ( starts-with(@name, 'npctrader') ) ]/property[starts-with(@name, 'soundhurt')]"
2021-07-08 21:45:17 
wrn xml patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2-charactereffectspack" did not apply: <remove xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'npc') and not ( starts-with(@name, 'npctrader') ) ]/property[starts-with(@name, 'soundsense')]"
2021-07-08 21:45:17 
wrn xml patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2-charactereffectspack" did not apply: <remove xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'npc') and not ( starts-with(@name, 'npctrader') ) ]/property[starts-with(@name, 'soundalert')]"
2021-07-08 21:45:17 
wrn xml patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2-charactereffectspack" did not apply: <remove xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'npc') and not ( starts-with(@name, 'npctrader') ) ]/property[starts-with(@name, 'soundrandom')]"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2021 at 9:48 PM, Father said:

error when loading 

wrn xml patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2-charactereffectspack" did not apply: <remove xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'npc') and not ( starts-with(@name, 'npctrader') ) ]/property[starts-with(@name, 'soundattack')]"
2021-07-08 21:45:17 
wrn xml patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2-charactereffectspack" did not apply: <remove xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'npc') and not ( starts-with(@name, 'npctrader') ) ]/property[starts-with(@name, 'soundhurt')]"
2021-07-08 21:45:17 
wrn xml patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2-charactereffectspack" did not apply: <remove xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'npc') and not ( starts-with(@name, 'npctrader') ) ]/property[starts-with(@name, 'soundsense')]"
2021-07-08 21:45:17 
wrn xml patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2-charactereffectspack" did not apply: <remove xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'npc') and not ( starts-with(@name, 'npctrader') ) ]/property[starts-with(@name, 'soundalert')]"
2021-07-08 21:45:17 
wrn xml patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "2-charactereffectspack" did not apply: <remove xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'npc') and not ( starts-with(@name, 'npctrader') ) ]/property[starts-with(@name, 'soundrandom')]"

 

 

@xyth I think this is due to a mismatch in casing? For example, the property name is "SoundAttack" not "soundattack". (That's also the full name so I don't think you need the starts-with command.)

 

EDIT: Wait - I went to the Git repo and the casing is correct.

https://github.com/7D2D/A19Mods/blob/master/2-CharacterEffectsPack/Config/entityclasses.xml#L114

 

@Father Where did you get the pack? Is it possible there was some kind of casing conversion happening somewhere? Or perhaps you have an older version?

Edited by khzmusik
added link to XML file (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is just a warning you can ignore.  The effects pack will say that if the NPC pack isn't also loaded.  I did push a fix for cannula zombie sounds recently and I have no idea if that site updates often.  Use the repo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can easily remove them from the vulture group in entitygroups.xml

 

Open the entiyygroups.xml file in the mod using a text editor like Notepad++.  At the end of the file you will see these 3 lines:

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='VultureGroup']"><entity name="mechBee" /></append>

Delete those 3 lines and save the file.  Mech Bees will no longer spawn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone. How can i modify the spawning rate of human entities in humans pack mod? I feel like is too much, they are litteraly everywhere, that on a 100 square meters i see tons of humans and maybe just 1 zombie, and he is already dead.

Is there in configs an option to change the spawning rate?

Edited by demonyte (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello! Sorry for my bad English, I use the mods 0-CreaturePackAnimals, 0-CreaturePackZombies, 1-CreaturePackZombies_khzmusik and A Vanilla Firearms Extended, when I go into the game and open inventory there I see some question marks on items when I hover my mouse on these items, I get the description that it meleehandanimalwarwolf, but before installing mods there were ammo 5. 56, if I try to throw or put on this item, the game immediately hangs, can you help me with this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I can confirm that 0-CreaturePackHumans and 2-CharacterEffectsPack does NOT work for ALPHA 20.

This gives Null Reference errors and also NPC bandits holds invisible guns, that don't shoot either.

It works for A19.5 but not A20.

 

Will there be an ALPHA 20 version for the packs that you do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, xyth said:

We are working on a new version now.  The CreaturePack Mod, the NPC mod, the character effects mod, and NPC dialog mods are all merged into 1 now for A20.  

Awesome! Guys, are you going to take advantage of the drone code this time, or maybe later? I'm sorry, I haven't followed the development of this mod for some time, but I was under impression this was the plan. Is that still the goal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, we extended the UAI codebase that TFP originally used for bandits.  We will likely snip some code from the drone and reuse that, but since drones have a builtin AI, and flys, its less than ideal base for walking humans.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, xyth said:

We are working on a new version now.  The CreaturePack Mod, the NPC mod, the character effects mod, and NPC dialog mods are all merged into 1 now for A20.  

 

Thats great to hear :) The mods are great.

I only use 0-CreaturePackHumans and 2-CharacterEffectsPack for the bandits. Its a great decoy for the zombies.

Once the bandits are working for A20 then its even better especially if you have zombie sense option set to "All" :)

 

For A20 will 2-CharacterEffectsPack be merged into 0-CreaturePackHumans pack?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For lack of a better mod name,  the 0-creaturepacks and its NPC version are replaced with a single "core" pack named 0-XNPCCore.  It will have 1 dependency mod, the 0-SCore code pack by Sphereii.   Inside the NPCCore will be a male and a female survivor (friendly), a bandit, an animal, and a zombie.  These are all really template characters, fully functional, but there to enable the cores xml templates and demonstrate specific functions that characters can do in game (follow, heal, loot etc. ).   

 

The idea is that modders can make expansion packs that have these cores as dependencies.   So a modder can make a 1-Spiders pack, which will only include spider characters.  Others might be soldier packs, villager packs, zombie medical staff packs, puppy packs etc.   If you don't like spiders, don't load that expansion pack, or if its in an overhaul, remove that pack.

 

Each expansion pack will be self-contained to help avoid breaking other mods.  All that is required is the characters files (.unity3d file), and the entityclasses.xml and entitygroups.xml files to add them to the game.  Those entries would only be a few lines each if the modder extends from the templates provided in the NPCCore.  

 

So in A20 we took an even greater modular approach, that I hope takes off.  

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, xyth said:

No, we extended the UAI codebase that TFP originally used for bandits.  We will likely snip some code from the drone and reuse that, but since drones have a builtin AI, and flys, its less than ideal base for walking humans.

 

Fair enough, flying humans would be unrealistic, but I do think it would be cool if you could still reuse whatever you can from drones. It's a shame they ditched the attack part of the code from drones, that would be probably a big help. :(

 

By the way, are you planning to update lockpicking mod for A20, maybe? :o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, drkstardragon said:

Just for you devolver, a sneak peak

 

I love it! Especially that they can now go with you into the trader's area, yay! It seems like they are a bit trigger happy, but that's alright, better that way, at least they will be able to defend themselves better. You know, back in Alpha 18-19, I was trying to keep them alive for long periods of time, but somehow I always failed, they got killed easily, so I definitely like to see that they can now fight better.

 

59 minutes ago, xyth said:

Lockpicking mod works, but oddly the picks break too easily now unless you highly perk into lockpicking.   On the list to fix.

 

The NPC code has improved even more since that video, so stay tuned!

Thanks! Could it be that they changed the lockpicking chances? I remember in previous Alpha that it was pretty hard to open a lock with a single lockpick and you really had to level up that perk to maximum to avoid breaking hundreds of lockpicks lol. I think chances are a bit higher now in vanilla, or maybe I was just lucky so far.

 

As for the NPC code, it already looks great, I can already see many many more hours of gameplay with that, simply for the fact it gives you so much more to do, so much potential for roleplaying and stuff. 😃👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, xyth said:

Lockpicking mod works, but oddly the picks break too easily now unless you highly perk into lockpicking.   On the list to fix.

 

The NPC code has improved even more since that video, so stay tuned!

Was hoping this was being worked on. One of my top two favorite mods. Love everything I am reading & seeing! Any ETA when the next update will be? Thanks for all you have done for the 7DTD community over the years!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • xyth locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...