Winter Project 2019

sphereii

Yeah, install GitHub Desktop, then do the following:

1) Click on File -> Clone Repository

2) Click on URL, and copy and paste this: https://github.com/SphereII/WinterProject-2019/

3) Open up DMT, click on Settings and point to that mod folder where it installs from above ( Documents/Github/WinterProject-2019/Mods )

Then do your build. Every once in a while, re-sync Github Desktop, and rebuild.

This works out really well! Thanks!

BTW do you have a donation page? I would love to buy you a cup of coffee or tea...

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate very much the work that was put into the mod. It looks and feels great. Is there anything that can be done about getting locked into a snowy tomb when you start a quest? I've died twice now due to starting a quest and trying to dig my way out. Just hit the ground and -gack- dead. Can't dig in any other direction because the quest starting completely resets the poi. Any help or guidance?

I appreciate very much the work that was put into the mod. It looks and feels great. Is there anything that can be done about getting locked into a snowy tomb when you start a quest? I've died twice now due to starting a quest and trying to dig my way out. Just hit the ground and -gack- dead. Can't dig in any other direction because the quest starting completely resets the poi. Any help or guidance?

You die when you hit the ground? That isn't expected, not have i seen that happen.

You die when you hit the ground? That isn't expected, not have i seen that happen.

After clicking the flag to start a quest I'm completely enveloped in snow.

In order to get out I have to dig. Sometimes when you are stuck in a weird spot, even in vanilla, the game just finds it easier to kill you (or you take a ton of damage with a broken leg). That's the case maybe 10% of the time win Winter Project 2019. It also happens rarely with vehicles...the game just can't figure out where you're supposed to be so it acts like you've dropped. This isn't a WP2019 issue, it's 7d2d. The issue is that WP locks you in the snow leading to that problem.

I dig down to find the flag. I click the flag. My digging area completely resets to be full of snow (as the whole POI resets to at the start of a quest). I start to dig out. *crack* I die or leg is broken...10ish% of the time.

Putting the flag on the surface or a little farther away might fix the problem.

After clicking the flag to start a quest I'm completely enveloped in snow.

In order to get out I have to dig. Sometimes when you are stuck in a weird spot, even in vanilla, the game just finds it easier to kill you (or you take a ton of damage with a broken leg). That's the case maybe 10% of the time win Winter Project 2019. It also happens rarely with vehicles...the game just can't figure out where you're supposed to be so it acts like you've dropped. This isn't a WP2019 issue, it's 7d2d. The issue is that WP locks you in the snow leading to that problem.

I dig down to find the flag. I click the flag. My digging area completely resets to be full of snow (as the whole POI resets to at the start of a quest). I start to dig out. *crack* I die or leg is broken...10ish% of the time.

Putting the flag on the surface or a little farther away might fix the problem.

This issue is vexing no doubt. The gamecode forces the rallyflags interaction point to be 1 block over ground level, which is under a lot of snowfill. Nothing can be done without some code hack. I tried multidim blocks to raise up the flag but the collider stays down low.

I have a noob question and sorry it:

How i am suppose to install it? I just have to install "mods" folder with DMT and thats it?

Two options:

A) Use the Mod Launcher, and select the sphereii-mental / Winter Project 2019

B) Install manually following these steps:

Download DMT ( https://github.com/HAL-NINE-THOUSAND/DMT/releases/download/v1.5.1/DMTv1.5.7239.23150.zip )

Download the Mod, and place outside of your 7 Days To Die Folder.

Run DMTViewer.exe. Point the Mods Folder to where you coped the downloaded Mod, and then point to your 7 Days To Die folder.

Press Build, then Play.

So far, so good.

After 5 hour of gameplay ( horde every night ) i can assume it is harder than vanilla, still have cons.

pros:

- icy world, love it ( i didnt expect i will like it )

- more animals ( on first day i found very strange crature, i dont remember name + killed one of "horror" films' animal :D, funny music when close )

- hard to find cars, soil and any ore ( i got lucky when i found iron ore on day 1 when i done a mission for trader )

- trader 24h and no defense

- demolisher first day on field (XD!)

- more difficulty than vanilla - you have to "work" to "get"

- lack of wood

- strange snowmans ( from far i think they have some animations, but i cant kill/destroy them when near )

cons:

- i love frozing system of food, but i have time to defrost f**king raw meat - 80 counts defrosted raw meat after 30 minutes (!!)

- too much wild animals, after 4 days i had +200 meat

- too op seats ( from 3 seats got 2 books )

- i think spears are too op - iron spear, lvl 1, can one shot all 125 hp and lower zombies when shot with PPM on body/legs/arms for only 20 stamina ( and yes, i dont like playing on higher difficulty than default, because i hate bulltetsponge zombies, who have to get 50 ammo to kill :') )

Btw, my actual base: ( already got all workbenches, 2 farm plots, +10k iron, all cobblestoned base ( cement mixer is doing 1k concrete ), after doing solid base with traps ( have to get 5 levels ) i will try find some secrets

1.thumb.jpg.98add288552319f1e682d01e3f427308.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.22dc1e61255f2bee4bcd2a8520947798.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Most players rage quit because its too hard, yet folks like you find it fairly easy. its hard to balance so its ideal for everyone. Which is why we didnt bother to balance anything at all! Just enjoy it as it is, and tune it to your liking on the next play through.

Archived