Custom forge, and workstation

VENOM2019

I have to put my model to T_Mesh_B to make it work... i almost forgotted that

and now its not working cause that...

And now I fixed it, and now the two working useable block:

https://i.imgur.com/Mh94xvN.png

And there is a question: how to make the workbench's and the forge's to be separated, so my blocks could have some custom recipes?

And guys, thank you all the help, because my project and all in one, my modlet couldn't be here now without you.

Thank you again, and I hope that we could help each other in the future too. :fat:

Hi venom2019, you must create a separate mod for each one.

Example:

blocks.xml, items.xml, XUi.xml, windows.xml, ui_display, resources and icons in a folder will have the forging related

in another folder the worbench related and so you have a mod of each one, so you can add what you want.

I hope and help you.

regards

In the block there is an attribute that is "craftingarearecipes" you can change this to whatever name you want, and in the recipe set craft_area= whatever you picked.

If this is not clear I will get on my pc and copy the code

- - - Updated - - -

Also you can use multiple recipe groups in one workstation, if you use "player, campfire" it will show recipes used in the campfire and just player crafting with no workstation

Hello guys. I have a little problem with ui_display xpath thing... the game can't recognize this at that form. how should I type it?

Hi venom2019,Upload an image

Remember that ui_display.xml is only to show the icons of resources, building, food-cooking, etc.

Not to put some recipes or something else.

Regards

So, this is the code. I have 2 block, so there is 2 different ui code

S5UFnsA.png

Hi venom2019,It should be like that

<append xpath="/ui_display_info/crafting_category_display" >

append xpath = and the append at the end join them on the same line

In the workbench craft food-cooking?

Regards

Okay, That's works. And how to add new "cols" to the crafting queue and the input window?

Hi venom2019, add this

Windows.xml

<! - add 3rd input to Forge ->

<set xpath = "/ windows / window [@ name = 'windowMyForgeInput'] / @ height"> 279 </set>

<set xpath = "/ windows / window [@ name = 'windowMyForgeInput'] / sprite [@ name = 'backgroundMain'] / @ height"> 228 </set>

<set xpath = "/ windows / window [@ name = 'windowMyForgeInput'] / rect [@ name = 'content'] / @ height"> 223 </set>

<set xpath = "/ windows / window [@ name = 'windowMyorgeInput'] / rect [@ name = 'content'] / grid / @ rows"> 3 </set>

windowmyforgeinput,change it to the name of your forge

For extra groove if it is for your forge and worktable, add this

XUi.xml

<! - Forge +1 crafting slot ->

<set xpath = "/ xui / ruleset [@ name = 'default'] / window_group [@ name = 'workstation_forge'] / window [@ name = 'windowCraftingQueue'] / @ name"> GKwindowCraftingQueue </set>

<! - Workbench +1 crafting slot ->

<set xpath = "/ xui / ruleset [@ name = 'default'] / window_group [@ name = 'workstation_workbench'] / window [@ name = 'windowCraftingQueue'] / @ name"> GKwindowCraftingQueue </set>

Here you put the name of your forge and worbench.

In windows.xml

<Gouki>

<append xpath = "/ windows">

<! - Crafting Queue +1 Slot ->

<window name = "GKwindowCraftingQueue" width = "397" height = "78" panel = "Left" cursor_area = "true">

<rect depth = "0" pos = "19.0" width = "378" controller = "CraftingQueue">

<grid name = "queue" rows = "1" cols = "5" pos = "3, -13" cell_width = "75" cell_height = "75" repeat_content = "true">

<recipe_stack name = "0" />

</grid>

</rect>

</window>

</append>

</Gouki>

I wait and serve you

regards,GK

P.S. Would you share your forge or you will publish your mod

Hello guys, I have an idea... I want to make a pallet of barrels, and you could craft them, and if you have a pack of 4, you could decrease the number if you need a barrel, you will get that barrel, but also a pack of 3 barrel too. Is is possible?

Correct me if I'm wrong with something, what you want is to have a pallet of 4 barrels that you will design, but at the time of crafting it if you want 1 te of 1 barrel, 2 te of 2, etc.

I'm not sure if it could or not, but you can better make the design of 1 barrel, the design of 2 barrels, etc. and when you make the recipe is specific to each barrel design you made.

Regards, GK

Hello Gouki, I want this barrel to compress some of the fuel that I will add to the game, and there is going to be 4 barrel on the pallet, and you can place them down, and if you want to get your item back, you just have to craft the 3 barrel variation of that, but if the craft dont work like that, just like harvesting items, you could scrap that down, and you will get one barrel of that kind of fuel/liquid. and if you have 4 different kind of barrel, you will get all barrels, and the pallet. and you could place the barrel down, and craft the 3 barrel back. so there is going to have soooo much block.

And to answer your question, I will publish the whole mod, because this is going to be an extention of my Compressed Items 3.1 named mod, but this will be much better, and cooler than that was.

I could publish the blocks, but those are contains items from my whole mod, And I will have to make a different mod, which will just contains those 3 block.(ibc tote, woodburningfurnace, and the modernworkbench)

I don't know when will I publish my mod, but it will happen in 2020 :D

Hello guys,

this is a preview of my barrel blocks that I made so far.

fOhDIu6.png

I made these 4 barrel yet,

the 1st barrel is a simple water barrel,

the 2nd is the biofuel barrel,

the 3rd is petroleum barrel,

and the 4th is a gas barrel.

and you can stack them on top of each other.

and there will be more barrel, and I will add a pallet version of it, and it will contain a lot of combinations too.

I hope when it will be ready to publish, you will like it.

The block that you can see before you place it is called the imposter and will be scaled to the multiblockdim specified in the xml. The actual block must have a scale issue in unity - the parent mode should be empty and have a 0 0 0 position and be scaled 1 1 1. The child object is the 3d model and should be scaled accordingly. This is the object that will need a collider component and the b_mesh tag. You will have to repack the asset and reexport it every time you make a change.

Some of the veteran modders here do a lot more with unity than I do, and the old unity 7d2d videos still are mostly relevant.

Archived