Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Dev Diary Pruning....

The SphereII bots are still my favorite robot though, but the bee and hoverbot comes close.

Yeh I like the one that walk with swords

those are are some petty good points.

and if they want the drones and power armor in the game, thats fine as long as its nothing insane like some crazy titanfall stuff.

but imo those stuff dont really fit. due to one big reason for me. The theme/atmosphere/setting IMO 7DTD has a more "1990s or 2000s vibe due to the cars , army truck , guns , homes , appliances and buildings. it dose not feel like the future really. (aside from the zombies) NOW im not saying make the game into some futuristic world with flying cars. its just nothing suggest thats its the future. (now unless the bombs and outbreak happen around that time i said and the years added up then thats one thing) now there are a few things that are futuristic like the junker/junk turret and stun baton but thats it. and you could just say like me "the stun baton was probably something made perwar that cops/solders used it".

Lol the game isn't about adding up to the year 2034 which is the year that mm stated this game was set. It's about the year 2034 onwards. There still be those ♥♥♥♥ty houses etc in the world doesn't mean the world hadn't advanced.

But easiest thing is to let this stuff in cause then you can mod it out or to your liking yet if it not in the code is missed and those that want it can't Get it etc. Or as stated many times ya don't have to use it if you dont lile it. No one forcing ya to.

But why hold others play back cause your own which can be easily modded out but not in style and thoughts. It's like I want this game my way no others thoughts count.

Been many things I haven't agreed with but I have changed those things myself to how I like. Pretty easy to do....

The game is set in 2034 lol still 15 years away. Tec advances everyday. We have military compounds (as khaine pointed out to) we habe the red mesa . We have area 51 lol we have pharmaceutical head quarters and ya can't tell me they just made medicines shonkiest company in the apocalypse lol.

But it fits. Xyth makes hovering robots every one is in love with it lol. Tfp want to add a hovering robot everyone up in arms lol.. (ps xyth love your robots )

thats a nuclear silo. area 51/groom lake is a Base thats works on tech or aircraft.

and yes if they get it right and works good with the game. hell yeah! but i have hopes that TFP will make something that would fit into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

The SphereII bots are still my favorite robot though, but the bee and hoverbot comes close.

there better be no camel bots or else!

Lol the game isn't about adding up to the year 2034 which is the year that mm stated this game was set. It's about the year 2034 onwards. There still be those ♥♥♥♥ty houses etc in the world doesn't mean the world hadn't advanced.

But easiest thing is to let this stuff in cause then you can mod it out or to your liking yet if it not in the code is missed and those that want it can't Get it etc. Or as stated many times ya don't have to use it if you dont lile it. No one forcing ya to.

But why hold others play back cause your own which can be easily modded out but not in style and thoughts. It's like I want this game my way no others thoughts count.

Been many things I haven't agreed with but I have changed those things myself to how I like. Pretty easy to do....

1: i really dont know how to mod/add mods so "the boat kinda sailed on that one"

2: i like the official feeling of the game. unless the mod fits with the game and looks like something that the developer made.

3: if they add that kinda of stuff thats ok. i just like to put my two cents (lack there of) about ideas and stuff, if i made a Yt Channel i would just draw ideas and talk about them in (blank game)

1: i really dont know how to mod/add mods so "the boat kinda sailed on that one"

2: i like the official feeling of the game. unless the mod fits with the game and looks like something that the developer made.

3: if they add that kinda of stuff thats ok. i just like to put my two cents (lack there of) about ideas and stuff, if i made a Yt Channel i would just draw ideas and talk about them in (blank game)

Then ask modders to do what you want the game to be. And I am sure a modder would make it for you we happy to take requests.. Well most lol are.

But as I said if the stuff not in it be harder to implement then to have it in and remove. And plus the code that would come with this stuff I am fairly certain could allow bandits and animal followers back in the game til tfp implement them....

Ps: totally for everyone having their opinion as I have mine etc to.. friendly discussions.. just ignore the voodoo doll I have of you and currently torturing haha 😜

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Then ask modders to do what you want the game to be. And I am sure a modder would make it for you we happy to take requests.. Well most lol are.

But as I said if the stuff not in it be harder to implement then to have it in and remove. And plus the code that would come with this stuff I am fairly certain could allow bandits and animal followers back in the game til tfp implement them....

Ps: totally for everyone having their opinion as I have mine etc to.. friendly discussions.. just ignore the voodoo doll I have of you and currently torturing haha

Wonders how many voodoo dolls you have of me.. :pride: ;P

Wonders how many voodoo dolls you have of me.. :pride: ;P

If anyone has a voodoo doll of me please rub it gently wherever you think I will enjoy.

Ps: totally for everyone having their opinion as I have mine etc to.. friendly discussions.. just ignore the voodoo doll I have of you and currently torturing haha ��

so thats why i get headaches everyday , get thrown while sleeping by nothing

lol

but i don't even know how to put mods in to my game. im super careful about my PC all i do with it is steam. and i dont want to screw anything up with my PC

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone has a voodoo doll of me please rub it gently wherever you think I will enjoy.

its called your hands!

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

If anyone has the voodoo doll of me can you throw it in a cup of coffee and tell it to stop piddling about on the internet? :-)

What I would like to see is a new vehicle for the destroyed biome, an "Ice Cream Truck"

We all hear the sound but no Ice Cream Truck anywhere in the city to be found, drives me crazy...

The Hawaiian Shirt Z, he makes a Spewing Sound like the Z Cop but he doesn't vomit at all.

Can we make him spew a Toxic Beer Vomit if you don't kill him in time he explodes & all that Toxic Beer & Acid Reflux Vomit goes everywhere.

I would also like to see the Timers I asked for in the Smelting section of the Forge. You added the Timer to Fuel & not Smelting, that's where we need the Timer or 2 Timers, 1 for each Ore.

It's too complicated adding fuel for Smelting because of the different smelt times for Ores.

We know exactly how much Fuel to add for Cooking but not Smelting.

We know how much Fuel to add for Forging but not Smelting.

Can we please finally make Smelting easier as far as adding Fuel...Please

I just put plenty of extra wood in for fuel since it is a limitless renewable resource and I don’t worry about any wasted logs. Shame-free digital environmental wastefulness is a huge plus for anyone living in today’s world and feels the oppressiveness of their carbon footprint.

It’s right up there with killing digital animals and eating digital wolf steaks. Nom nom nom nom....

Merry Christmas to all!!! :)

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

Should we be worried that the last official 7dtd twitter post of the year is an axe? How cutting.

I just put plenty of extra wood in for fuel since it is a limitless renewable resource and I don’t worry about any wasted logs. Shame-free digital environmental wastefulness is a huge plus for anyone living in today’s world and feels the oppressiveness of their carbon footprint.

It’s right up there with killing digital animals and eating digital wolf steaks. Nom nom nom nom....

Oh I do too Roland,

If it wasn't for the Heat Signature on the map it wouldn't concern me & I use Traders for forging to compensate.

This is an Exploit in my opinion, I use the Trader for cooking & Forging to draw Z's to an Impenetrable Base.

If we want a game with a survival experience where everything you do impacts the Z's AI then we need better control over our actions in the game.

What about the Ice Cream Truck, you've heard the sound, or maybe a bicycle 1 too we can salvage parts from.

I also want the Hawaiian Shirt Z to Spew...

ok now I get it... it´s the CO2 footprint that attracts the screamer.

Greta-Thunberg-2-640x480.jpg.621b853a1c38daf41f196e4c7c54c3b0.jpg

How dare you!

• Like 1

ok now I get it... it´s the CO2 footprint that attracts the screamer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31039[/ATTACH]

How dare you!

kPQUmnD.gif

FYI, this is trivially easy with the Mod Launcher:

http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

I've been using it for a long time without issue.

If you use the default ("Advanced") options, then it won't mess up your base game - the mods/modlets are all installed into a fresh copy of the game. It's what I do.

That also means that you can still play modded A16 game saves if you like, I still have a couple of those that I fire up once in a while for kicks.

Creating a mod(let) is another story of course, but you'd be surprised how much you can do with just XML edits to the config files. Since A17+ has native support for XPath, it's even easier to do.

snip

Stopped reading after a few sentences...wall of text...tons of emotional comments...

I hate to say it but tons of changes are expected in Early Access titles. Hopefully you can find some new fun within the current iteration of the game. If its too overwhelming, perhaps start with watching some Alpha 18 review videos or wait until the next Alpha, or move onto another game...

HAha wow, maybe the games not for you then, sure I would like to see some things like water fixed, and bandits added, but zombies zig zagging? pick your shots man!, I know myself and 4 other friends have no problem getting head shots on Z'ds. Every release of the game is better then the last, and I for one have gotten more then my $10 worth of game time, fun and laughs. the fact that they keep improving the game and it hasn't just been left to die, is something in its self.

HAha wow, maybe the games not for you then, sure I would like to see some things like water fixed, and bandits added, but zombies zig zagging? pick your shots man!, I know myself and 4 other friends have no problem getting head shots on Z'ds. Every release of the game is better then the last, and I for one have gotten more then my $10 worth of game time, fun and laughs. the fact that they keep improving the game and it hasn't just been left to die, is something in its self.

The moddability of the game alone is worth the price of entry. Watched JaWoddles 7d2d Christmas video today and almost died laughing at the zombie elves and Santa...😂😂😂

Wait.. did I miss something? Feels like I missed some discussions here..

Ahhh.. think i got it.

Faatal; did you get a new haircut?