Alpha 18.2 one step forward two steps back

SURVIVE

Logic and people having no idea what they are talking about...

I am curious - do you know what you're talking about? Specifically, do you know what I know since you're making a claim that I have no idea? Logic dictates that you would have to know me pretty well to know that I have no idea about something we've only just begun talking about.

Lathes are dangerous, yes... but not complicated.

Pickaxe handles are (even in this game) tapered - they needed similar shaping techniques to a baseball bat in order to achieve a decent tapering. The lathe is really only needed to make it easier to create a consistent and even taper across the length of the wooden rod.

Oh, and balance DOES require logic - one cannot claim "balance" without being able to identify a greater-than/less-than relationship - the most basic logical observation that I can think of.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, looking at it logically, a zombie apocalypse would never happen. Therefore then the only way for them to make this game follow logic is to remove zombies.

I'm curious. Why do you believe that the mere existence of zombies is illogical? Or are you saying that the apocalypse part is the illogical part, not the zombies?

Despite the berating of the OP, I actually agree with him to a point. And agreeing with him about some things that would take common sense to figure out not needing a schematic for... Maybe the "simple" mod could be crafted from the inventory if they are comsidered simple, like a flashlight to duct tape mod than needing a complicated crafting machine to be fashioned to be used.

As for some people can't cook, well, it helps to put the smartphone down first and learn something. :)

Hey OP, realism comments aside, there definitely are some balancing that is still needed in some areas (e.g. crafting vs looting) but strongly disagree that A18 is "1 step forward, 2 back"

Game is much more fun as a sum of its parts for me.

Absolutely agree with you here, especially about the crafting verse looting.

Archived