Alpha 18 - Modlet to change walktype to lessen the frustration of melee combat

leaderdog

Hello all,

First off a big thanks to SMiThaYe for helping me with this mod.

As many of you, I find melee combat frustrating especially with the twitchy zombies, it feels like a RNG swing where you either get lucky or you don't.

Seeing as a zombie is a basically a slow floating soccer ball on a tee ball stand it shouldn't be that complicated to hit.

I changed all the walktypes of zombies to the nurse's walk, other than the Spider zombies, Crawlers and Fatties.

For me this feels much more enjoyable. I never liked the twitchy zombies since I don't think that's a behaviour classical zombies would have. Arguably I could have just removed the twitchy walk, but I changed most to the nurse instead.

If you find the melee combat frustrating, give it a try and see what you think.

Alpha 18

Vanilla:

https://github.com/leaderdog/7daystodie-Walktype-Modlet/blob/master/Walktype-Vanilla.rar

Darkness Falls Mod:

https://github.com/leaderdog/7daystodie-Walktype-Modlet/blob/master/Walktype%20-%20Darkness%20Falls.rar

Instructions:

Extract the file to your 7 days to die mods folder.

Enjoy.

Any chance you could make a version of this that fully RANDOMIZES the walk type for zeds (except Spider zombies, Crawlers and Fatties ofc)? Believe this is what StompyNZ and Khelldon's UMA Zombies tried to do, adding more variation to zeds, among other things.

Any chance you could make a version of this that fully RANDOMIZES the walk type for zeds (except Spider zombies, Crawlers and Fatties ofc)? Believe this is what StompyNZ and Khelldon's UMA Zombies tried to do, adding more variation to zeds, among other things.

Sorry, that's beyond my capabilities. The whole reason I made this was I don't like the current melee swing. The nurse walk is slightly slower and having the majority of zombies walking in the same fashion reduces some of the horrible swing and miss that the pimps added with the glancing blow system.

While you'll still miss because the zombies some how make their heads disappear when they swing...strangely... even with your right to left baseball swing, however it does minimize the frustration of it.

Archived