Suggestion: Random coloured clothing for zombie

GrandRiser

I've seen most zombies have similar clothing: big woman wearing white clothes, the holiday beach dude wearing same pattern,etc. If possible, please randomly generated their clothing colors, or patterns, so that it wont feel same too much (Left 4 dead does this)

Here is my suggestion, for later on:

1. Random colors of clothing (as a very basic thing to start with)

2. Random pattern (even ripped clothes, dot, striped)

3. Random hairs (short, full, bald, etc)

4. Random accesories (hat, bagpack, watch)

5. Random additional clothing (jacket, backpack, overalls, etc)

6. Missing accessories (half shoes, half sandals)

To make no exact zombie is alike.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I've seen most zombies have similar clothing: big woman wearing white clothes, the holiday beach dude wearing same pattern,etc. If possible, please randomly generated their clothing colors, or patterns, so that it wont feel same too much (Left 4 dead does this)

Here is my suggestion, for later on:

1. Random colors of clothing (as a very basic thing to start with)

2. Random pattern (even ripped clothes, dot, striped)

3. Random hairs (short, full, bald, etc)

4. Random accesories (hat, bagpack, watch)

5. Random additional clothing (jacket, backpack, overalls, etc)

6. Missing accessories (half shoes, half sandals)

To make no exact zombie is alike.

Thanks!

well i think in A19 i think there changing the looks of the zeds to look more "generic"

but if i was going to change the zeds i would give zeds random walking/ruining animations. (not like spider zombies or crawlers)

like how the biker and solders walk but its random!

• 2 weeks later...
Yep.

Also note that we had this before. It tanked performance, so UMA zeds were removed.

Ah, I see. I pray one day you guys manage to do optimization or something so that you guys can create randomly generated zombie's appereance that wont affect performance!

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, I see. I pray one day you guys manage to do optimization or something so that you guys can create randomly generated zombie's appereance that wont affect performance!

UMA isn't made by TFP, and seems like it is inherently less performant. Modders can still create UMA zombies for the game... myself included: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?140653-khzmusik-s-Modlets (and I'm not the only one)

But, I agree that more zombie variety would be nice. Even if they don't use UMA, I imagine TFP could just re-use the same zombies but with different textures. That would be a start, at least.

I'm not familiar enough with the Unity engine to tell if they would have to be entirely different entities (so you'd have to include not just the textures but duplicate the models, rigging, etc). Still would be worth trying IMHO.

But in the grand scheme of things, there are things I'd rather see TFP work on.

I agree that more randomised zombie variety would be great. It would make the game more challenging if not all of the Arlenes were the same thing. Ie if some were more difficult to kill than others. So you see a nurse and you think no problem I'll grab a bat, then she turns out stronger and wallops you. So you'd need to be more careful. Perhaps each one has a specific trait that gives away it's strength, like the sound or walk animation.

So if UMA tanks performance, how about variety via other aspects - like random walk animations, random sounds, etc?

I had suggested some time back having do away with the "standard" crawler and implement a small (non-zero) chance for zombies to spawn with a dismembered limb (or 2). It would give some variety, and introduce some truely odd scenerios, like:

* You are running through high grass and a Screamer goes off... you didn't see her because she spawned with 1 leg and blended in with the terrain.

* You open a zombie closet and a Feral Biker charges out at you, but with NO ARMS!

Archived