No Traders (A18)

Aerial

Return to the classic 7 Days experience and say goodbye to Joel, Jen and the gang!

This modlet removes traders from random world generation and deletes challenge quests since there are no traders to turn them in to. Gold and silver nuggets (useless without a trader) have been replaced by useful loot.

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5ttk8da3li3733/NoTraders%20v1.0%20A18%20Modlet.zip?dl=0

This modlet requires a new game/world. It appears to break old games that have generated traders, though I am unsure why.

Great to have this modlet as traders (since 2016/A15) have had mixed opinions. It's easy to cheese the game as I much prefer the normad scrounge and survive as the true lone survivor making everything you find really count. Personally not a fan of POIs completely resetting for quests either.

Just noting that Nitro generator can remove all traders for new worlds but this modlet also removes quests so it sorts that aspect.

What about removing all world vending machines too which seem to magically restock? From there any Dukes you find aren't entirely useless as you'll still need brass for ammo to smelt, which I do anyway.

Just noting that Nitro generator can remove all traders for new worlds but this modlet also removes quests so it sorts that aspect.

What about removing all world vending machines too which seem to magically restock? From there any Dukes you find aren't entirely useless as you'll still need brass for ammo to smelt, which I do anyway.

Nitrogen is amazing.

Removing vending machines is an idea I've had and successfully implemented in the past (made them harvest for a small amount of tinned food or drinks as well as mech parts etc) but I've been out of modding for a while so it'd be nice to see a modlet for that.

Nitrogen is amazing.

Removing vending machines is an idea I've had and successfully implemented in the past (made them harvest for a small amount of tinned food or drinks as well as mech parts etc) but I've been out of modding for a while so it'd be nice to see a modlet for that.

That sounds relatively easy to implement. I'll take a look!

the only issue I see with this mod is no traders no completing the series of tutorial quests cause you cant go to the trader to complete the final one which is a total of 3 or 4 perk points

Actually, the skill points are awarded at the end of the crafting quest line so they are still awarded.

Archived