Bypassing PoI spawning (for non-veterans)

Pichii

Hey all, I just wana put the info out there on how to bypass PoI spawning like we used to do back in either A15/16.

1.Find yourself a nice PoI you like.

2.Cut out every bit of floor. EVERY. LAST. BIT.

3.Replace ground floor with frames of your own.

4.Put wood frames on every block on the roof of the building.

5.No zombies can spawn in your PoI.

Details on whats going on:

Zombie spawners in this game are quite literally random blocks scattered throughout the game. Any pregenerated block could be a zombie spawning block.

To disable them, destroy them. The game does not add any additional spawning blocks once map generation is completed or you add them yourself in map editor.

The reason for the frames is that, just like destroying them, if they cannot spawn a zomie because it would be stuck in a wall or block, it doesnt spawn them.

*You may need to actually upgrade the frames. Didnt have to before but uncertain in current build.*

Boom. Bedrolls preventing Zed respawns that prevent you from using PoI are destroyed and you can play 7d2d just like before in regards to your PoI.

With the recent change to spawning on terrain blocks during BM nights, the tips mentioned here are probably even more critical.

OP, have you done any recent tests if player placed dirt blocks also count as non spawning blocks?

Recent tests? I loaded a map editor for a A18 file and saw zombie spawn blocks as pregen ground if that helps.

"ANY pregen block COULD be a zombie spawner."

Tho, I do not think any soil below top soil will spawn. That might be worth a test but last I knew, only top soil and above could spawn zeds.

Even easier.... when setting up a dedicated server you can select how many LCB each player can place (default is 1). Set it higher and every place you put a LCB spawns are blocked.

I suspect there is a setting that would allow you to do this in single player, but can't look for it till I get home.

and every place you put a LCB spawns are blocked.

Does this really work now with LCBs?

In previous alphas the description of LCB said also it would prevent spawns but it never did. The only thing really preventing spawn is/was the bedroll.

The only purpose of LCBs we used it for in multiplayer (private PvE only, so no PvP anyway) was for being able to pick up workbenches and other stuff again.

In our current A18 co-op, we have bedrolls on top of an old pop'n pills, and my friend's LCB in a gas station horde base across the street. Both have remained clear for the duration of our game, several weeks at least. Day 60 or something around there..

In previous alphas the description of LCB said also it would prevent spawns but it never did. The only thing really preventing spawn is/was the bedroll.

The only purpose of LCBs we used it for in multiplayer (private PvE only, so no PvP anyway) was for being able to pick up workbenches and other stuff again.

Yes, in A18 they block spawns

Hey all, I just wana put the info out there on how to bypass PoI spawning like we used to do back in either A15/16.

1.Find yourself a nice PoI you like.

2.Cut out every bit of floor. EVERY. LAST. BIT.

3.Replace ground floor with frames of your own.

4.Put wood frames on every block on the roof of the building.

5.No zombies can spawn in your PoI.

Details on whats going on:

Zombie spawners in this game are quite literally random blocks scattered throughout the game. Any pregenerated block could be a zombie spawning block.

To disable them, destroy them. The game does not add any additional spawning blocks once map generation is completed or you add them yourself in map editor.

The reason for the frames is that, just like destroying them, if they cannot spawn a zomie because it would be stuck in a wall or block, it doesnt spawn them.

*You may need to actually upgrade the frames. Didnt have to before but uncertain in current build.*

Boom. Bedrolls preventing Zed respawns that prevent you from using PoI are destroyed and you can play 7d2d just like before in regards to your PoI.

just put a bedroll and a lcb down and you'll be fine without doing all that work to the hosue :p

Archived